Heinze (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Spaniards Join Chase For Heinze

Gabriel Heinze could be on his way to Spain after Villarreal entered the race for the Manchester United defender. Juventus remain the favourites to land the £4million-rated Argentina left-back, whose three-year spell at United looks set to come to an end this summer. But Villarreal are interested in signing Heinze who, despite starting the FA Cup Final ahead of Patrice Evra, looks to have played his last game for Sir Alex Ferguson.

Daily Mail

Buy on AliExpress.com

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
There was recent discussion about the best role in the defence for Heinze. Acoording to my Manchester United season ticket holding friend, I'm advised that since his return from that extremely long period of being sidelined (5 months with an injury last season), he has lost a yard of pace.

It wasn't particularly evident in The Man Utd/Milan tie, however, against a pacy winger - e.g. Aaron Lennon - he started to struggle in the LB position to contain the threats down the wings.

It's now thought that the best position is definitely as a CB as per the pairing with
Ayala for the Argentine national side.

Jul 24, 2006
Spaniards Join Chase For Heinze

Gabriel Heinze could be on his way to Spain after Villarreal entered the race for the Manchester United defender. Juventus remain the favourites to land the £4million-rated Argentina left-back, whose three-year spell at United looks set to come to an end this summer. But Villarreal are interested in signing Heinze who, despite starting the FA Cup Final ahead of Patrice Evra, looks to have played his last game for Sir Alex Ferguson.

Daily Mail
Think it's telling that it's Villareal that's also after him.. Not Madrid, Barca etc..

Heinze, an improvement on our current roster but hardly a legendary solution. This is a player who (admittedly since returning from a massive injury) struggles for a first team place against O'Shea and the Baked Bean Head..

Not convinced this would be money well spent at all.. There are better players on a free IMO..

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
what's next? UEFA gives us a license to participate in the UEFA Cup by getting in the Intertoto Cup because some clubs refuse to go?

:eyebrows: :D
Is that even possible? I know the Intertoto is by request, and since half of Serie A apparently doesn't have UEFA licenses... could Juve find its way in there when they become Serie B champs and Serie A promotees, or is it all idle discussion to get our hopes up unduly?

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
You must be in the top league in whatever country to qualify for Intertoto so we can't get in.
Typically, but I was reading that sometimes no teams in a league (English and Scottish) want to be in the Intertoto... since Juve was artificially placed in B, and is being promoted, could the FIGC and UEFA grant an exception, and could said exception be a condition of Juve dropping its appeal to the TAR?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Suppose it is possible but it seems very unlikely.

Given that we won't have a huge squad this next season we are better off without European football to concentrate on getting the CL spot cos Uefa cup doesn't give much money and it won't encourage top players to come to us.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Suppose it is possible but it seems very unlikely.

Given that we won't have a huge squad this next season we are better off without European football to concentrate on getting the CL spot cos Uefa cup doesn't give much money and it won't encourage top players to come to us.
Its definitely not overly likely, but the UEFA license and what not kind of gets the mind going a bit. While UEFA isn't as good as CL, its definitely better than nothing, and it sends the message that Juventus is ambitious. Of course, getting into Intertoto (and then UEFA) might encourage moderately better players, give our youth more of an opportunity to play in Coppa or lighter UEFA cup fare (rather than loaning them out), add a little more money to the coffers, and add some fire to the boys.

As for Heinze (seeing as this thread is supposed to be about him), I don't rate him overly high, but if he's the best they can do... he is an improvement over what Juve has right now.

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
Its definitely not overly likely, but the UEFA license and what not kind of gets the mind going a bit. While UEFA isn't as good as CL, its definitely better than nothing, and it sends the message that Juventus is ambitious. Of course, getting into Intertoto (and then UEFA) might encourage moderately better players, give our youth more of an opportunity to play in Coppa or lighter UEFA cup fare (rather than loaning them out), add a little more money to the coffers, and add some fire to the boys.

As for Heinze (seeing as this thread is supposed to be about him), I don't rate him overly high, but if he's the best they can do... he is an improvement over what Juve has right now.
Nice post , Thunderball , agreed

btw, i found this in UEFA official documentation for Intertoto Cup:
(its posted as picture, the pdf file don't allows text copying)

What do you think , is it possible ?

Max

Jul 15, 2003
He's physical and he's a good tackler. That's what Juventus needs for next season, and everybody knows Boumsong isn't going to fulfill that department with much success. I surely wouldn't be upset if I saw Heinze in a Juventus jersey next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)