Heinze (75 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
fair point, take my word for it he was great the previous season! i think italian football might just suit him a bit more as it is the league where defenders can florish,due to the slower pace, just look at boumsongs improvement! i agree heinze cant be our only cb signing so we would need another world class cb, this is the area i am particularly concerned about and if we could pick dainelli up on a free we would be well on our way:

Chiellini-heinze-dainelli-grygera
Buffon

how that sound to you? :p
Considering the fact that the back four can play as centre defenders, this without a doubt would be an insurmountable defence line, bro, especially due to the presence of Dainelli. :p

By the way, Chiellini on the left and Grygera on the right. :oops:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I really like Heinze as an individual player. But defense is more than a collection of good defenders. You really really need a leader in that pack who can organize, and call out his teammates when necessary. Even playing at a local level you feel the need of that charismatic personality at the back. And I am sure pro-players would recognize that more than us mere mortals. There is a reason why they also talk about that commanding CB in every team, and I am not sure Heinze has the personality to become "The Man" in our defence. Chiellini might make it in the future, but as it is he is quite young and needs experience, and we surely can't expect such commanding performances from the likes of mistake Boumsong, and Legro. We need a real quality ture CB - and DD probably knows that too.

From players we have been linked with I like Milito and Lucio most. I thought hard about it, but I think those two makes most sense. They might be on the block in Calcio Mercato, and both of them might look to step a club or move to better leauge to prove themselves. Most importantly, they possess fantastic ability with vast experience, and leads their respective defence, and at the same time reaching prime age of their career - meaning they are also excellent financial investment. Concentrate on those two, I say, and have Barzagli as a back-up plan.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Considering the fact that the back four can play as centre defenders, this without a doubt would be an insurmountable defence line, bro, especially due to the presence of Dainelli. :p

By the way, Chiellini on the left and Grygera on the right. :oops:
lol look it is chiellini on the left and grygera on the right! i'm not going to be playing buffon in a defensive mid role!!! ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
exactly, he has an immense amount of talent.

im not sure whether DD will use Chiellini centrally if we get heinze as imo heinze is better in the centre and chiellini is better on the left, we'll just have to wait and see though.

As for the grygera issue i have not seen a great deal of him, it seems a lot of people are pessemistic about his arrival after some early optimism which does not bode well for him.
I'm not sure where I like Heinze more but I would rather get him now and figure that our later. Playing him centrally would certainly be fine by me.

And I really do not know what to think of Grygera because the Dutch members of the forum keep saying he's rubbish, so I don't know.

If we buy him it's to play as a CB. We already have Chiellini(should always play on the left till he's 30-32), Balzaretti and don't forget Molinaro.

I would prefer getting Milito.
Well, with our glut of left-backs perhaps it would make more sense to mold Chiellini into a central defender. I haven't seen much of this season to be honest but if Chiellini can play there and do it well, maybe we should keep him there. Molinaro hasn't played poorly this season either. But yeah, I would rather see someone such as Milito come in here and also another proven central defender, but that might be too much to ask.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I'm not sure where I like Heinze more but I would rather get him now and figure that our later. Playing him centrally would certainly be fine by me.

And I really do not know what to think of Grygera because the Dutch members of the forum keep saying he's rubbish, so I don't know.
very good point, it really doesnt matter at the moment where he plays coz he'll be an improvement anywhere.

the grygera thing really worries me and i hope that he is able to perform with us, i suppose it is not the end of the world if he isnt great, because personally i really like zebina at right back so all would not be lost.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'd prefer Heinze more in the middle. Chiellini is a better player on the side, even though he's starting to remind me of Ferrara a bit.

Back to Heinze, pairing him with Mexes is like a dream come true.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Mexès was spotted with a Milan rep in some restaurant today according to some media in Italy. :cry:

Roma should go mad and sell him to Juve just to give Milan the shaft. :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Mexès was spotted with a Milan rep in some restaurant today according to some media in Italy. :cry:

Roma should go mad and sell him to Juve just to give Milan the shaft. :D
Aren't Milan close to getting Alex? Why would they want both Alex and Mexes, they have Nesta.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I know but if they buy Mexès I'll take Alex...if they take Alex then I'll be more than happy with Mexès.

NO to Barzagli club member #1

btw, what's up with all the new members being DP lovers? :D
Did Azzurri7 call them up so they could vote for the Juve player of the year or what? :p

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
what's next? UEFA gives us a license to participate in the UEFA Cup by getting in the Intertoto Cup because some clubs refuse to go?

:eyebrows: :D

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
what's next? UEFA gives us a license to participate in the UEFA Cup by getting in the Intertoto Cup because some clubs refuse to go?

:eyebrows: :D
hopefully, so we can win the Uefa cup in our first season back.

Chelsea are going to get Alex for £1 cause its a clause in his contract cause of an agreement between Chelsea and PSV, if Alex doesn't get a work permit, then he will come to Italy, cause i said so :D

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Henze...would be a very good addition to the sqyad as he is athletic, quick and very versatily (can be CB or LB)

there is no way that Roma would sell any of their star defenders to Milan clubs...our relationship with them has been slightly better regarding player movements so we can hope to get Mexes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)