Hector Herrera - CM - Porto (1 Viewer)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I expect more this season. That was his first season here, and coming back from a 600 minute season filled with big injuries.

Khedira for 2500+ minutes this season :D

Yea, but it's unlikely he's going to do much better IMO. Especially after the Euro pull up - just realised we can't count on him as a reliable midfield resource. More a cover than a starter.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yea, but it's unlikely he's going to do much better IMO. Especially after the Euro pull up - just realised we can't count on him as a reliable midfield resource. More a cover than a starter.
As I said, I expect a big season for him. Up until his ACL injury in 2013 he played more than 3000 minutes a season for 4 straight seasons, and was on pace for that in 2013-14 when he was injured halfway through the season (had played 1300 minutes already). Obviously that put him out for the rest of that season... then he had a very poor 2014-15 trying to recover with only 600 minutes played... and then this past season jumped up from 600 to 1900 minutes.

As I said, I expect very few injuries this year for him, with another year of recovery and muscular work under his belt. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he hit 3000 minutes.

And the minor knock at the Euros has nothing to do with it. It was a minor knock, a couple week thing.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
As I said, I expect a big season for him. Up until his ACL injury in 2013 he played more than 3000 minutes a season for 4 straight seasons, and was on pace for that in 2013-14 when he was injured halfway through the season (had played 1300 minutes already). Obviously that put him out for the rest of that season... then he had a very poor 2014-15 trying to recover with only 600 minutes played... and then this past season jumped up from 600 to 1900 minutes.

As I said, I expect very few injuries this year for him, with another year of recovery and muscular work under his belt. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he hit 3000 minutes.

And the minor knock at the Euros has nothing to do with it. It was a minor knock, a couple week thing.
Real also froze him out when he refused to extend his contract in that 600 minutes season

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Real also froze him out when he refused to extend his contract in that 600 minutes season
We also carefully managed his minutes this past year to get him back into match shape. Hence the reason he avoided significant injuries all season after that first one during preseason. Everything else was very minor.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said, expect starter minutes from Khedira this year. Y'all going to be surprised with just hw much of a gem he really is.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
And Germany went for the same shit that we went when Sami injured... Their MF agsinst france wasn't the same without him so as much as I like him we shouldn't with him at 100% all the time

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I was never too impressed with Matic
Do you rate him more than Khedira?
Nope. Khedira is a very intelligent player who rarely makes mistakes. Unfortunately, he is also quite injury prone. Matic offers defensive solidity, physical presence, and has a good passing range, so I'd welcome him as our DM. I really hope Asamoah stays injury free, and Lemina grows exponentially this year, as I feel they will be key to our success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)