Happy birthday! (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Dan said:
No, the Hague is the official capital of Holland. Amsterdam isnt
Wrong. Amsterdam is the one and only official capital city. The Hague just happens to be the seat of government. Some say it was a compromise between rivalling Amsterdam and Rotterdam when the nation was founded.

Burke; I don't recall having ever seen a photo of your body and I can't say I'm eager to either so please refrain from posting any

Greg; good quote :D

Apr 12, 2004
Erik said:
Wrong. Amsterdam is the one and only official capital city. The Hague just happens to be the seat of government. Some say it was a compromise between rivalling Amsterdam and Rotterdam when the nation was founded.

Burke; I don't recall having ever seen a photo of your body and I can't say I'm eager to either so please refrain from posting any

Thankyou.

Danny: get up on that European history.

:D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
mikhail said:
There's only one solution - wear a wig and a dress, maybe some makeup, and get a big, tall, hansome man to do it for you. :angel:
I can do that without the hassle of a wig, dress and makeup thankyouverymuch :biggrin:

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
ßömßärdiër said:
Thankyou.

Erik said:

I know that Den Hague is the administrive capital. Its what matters on a geography scale, or so my teacher says.

ßömßärdiër said:
Thankyou.

Did you know in the 16th century todays holland was originally split into seven provinces, holland, gronigen, Utrecht and a couple of others I cant remember. It then was joined by two other provinces,

There is an extensive history following that afterwards, including the province of holland spliting into two.

Im not an expert on it, but I know my europeon history ;)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Dan said:
I know that Den Hague is the administrive capital. Its what matters on a geography scale, or so my teacher says.
Well if you're gonna nuke a city; you're gonna wanna hit the place where the government resides rather than a symbolic capital, yes :D

Did you know in the 16th century todays holland was originally split into seven provinces, holland, gronigen, Utrecht and a couple of others I cant remember. It then was joined by two other provinces,

There is an extensive history following that afterwards, including the province of holland spliting into two.

Im not an expert on it, but I know my europeon history ;)
Good lord, I'm impressed

And slightly turned on :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Erik said:
Well if you're gonna nuke a city; you're gonna wanna hit the place where the government resides rather than a symbolic capital, yes :D
to paraphrase: for all other intents and purposes, The Hague does just as good a job of being a capital as Amsterdam does :D

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Erik said:

Good lord, I'm impressed

And slightly turned on :D
I also know few more things, correct me if im wrong: ;)

the traditional Orange comes from William of Orange and the orangists. There was also a Barvarain revolution. and some group fought the Orangists.

Thats basically all I know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)