Hamsik to Juve? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Iaquinta + Marchioni + Criscito + $.

Should do right?
I hope this is a joke... giving away iaquinta would mean leaving us with ONE substitute striker, with Marchionni we would give away all rotation-possibility on the right side (except for salihamidzic) and with criscito we're giving away a decent prospect (he failed ONLY because he's too young, not because of lack of skill - my opinion). And then you even want to include cash?! Come on... he maybe good, but not good enough to sacrifice half of our subs. We won't get him anyway, i wonder why people are making out plans to get him. There's absolutely no way napoli are going to sell their best player at this young age, when their aim clearly is to get back on top levels (and they're going to succeed i think). I don't even know what position he plays exactly (as do most people, even if a lot are screaming for him) on the wings in midfield, we're pretty much covered... we don't need to revolutionize our squad. let's wait and see how far we're coming with what we have. For now, we have to admit that napoli did an awesome job by signing him. Full stop! You can't just go out and buy everyone who comes to surface.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Neddy retires next year and thats why we wont need Hamsik this yea and we want to buy him for the next season...
we have giovinco who can replace nedved. I'm sure giovinco will play that AML role for us, because we don't use AMs. Now i know that giovinco alone is not the solution to all of our problems but if i have to read that people are willing to offer 3 players plus cash (which would result in a bid over 25mio) for hamsik, who is not that desperately needed imo (at least not for this season, as you pointed out) then i'm asking myself why people are so narrow-minded. I don't mean to offend anyone, but there will be lots of youngsters who are great, and you can't have 'em all. As i said, napoli made a good (and lucky) signing there, and we have to admit that. We are trying the same with the likes of ekdal for example...
Hamsik is not a priority imo, because right now, we don't have any players we don't need (and whom we could offer in exchange), and we surely don't have the cash to get him when we have to splash 20 mio for xabi.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Yes, i agree he is not a priority, if Giovinco becomes our main LM, we wont buy someone like Hamsik, we might buy a back up, but not that expensive, maybe our managers have different plans about Gio, cause they seem to trust him...
Their logic cant be trusted anyway...

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Giovinco as LM to get playing time in our side for the upcoming season doesn't sound bad, but he really SHOULD play in a much more advanced role to express his talent.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He should be an LW who has the freedom to cut in and roam. Doesnt need to hug the line, many attacking playmakers starts out from the left because todays football requires it due to the mostly two dms in the middle. Zidane was "LW" in Real, but had the freedom to cut in and such.

Hamsik isnt really good as a winger at all, actually average there. He is more of an attacking box to box player, or a regista too. More of a dynamic CM then someone who should play an advanced attacking midfield role.

OP
Luftwaffles

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
  • Thread Starter #690
    Hamsik is better playing at center than on flanks.

And YES we need this kind of talent in our team.
    You are sooooo right. If only Blanc and Elkann were busting a gut a la Aquilani to get him, I think we're there.

I'd throw in Tiago and Almiron. A win/win situation, becomes a win/win/win situation.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
    No Hamsik-Iaquinta Swap

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has played the Dutch uncle by revealing that Napoli would never swap Marek Hamsik for Vincenzo Iaquinta and the outspoken chief has criticised the Juventus forward.
    »Comments Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us galleria zoom Iaquinta has been playing second fiddle for the Bianconeri ever since his move their last term.

Reports in Italy have claimed that the former Udinese hit man was on his way out and the he could be used by Juve as bait in order to lure Hamsik in from Napoli.

However, the long in the tooth chief, has closed all possibilities of such a move.

“A swap between Iaquinta and Hamsik? I don’t believe we will ever do this,” said the president.

“Hamsik is worth ten times more than Iaquinta.

“We have a lot of players in our squad but before we get rid of a few we have to take a look at our needs.”

The Partenopei missed out on the UEFA Cup last season but they will be hoping to challenge for the Champions League places next term.

De Laurentiis and coach, Edy Reja, have both stated that their ambition is to take Napoli into the European big time.

It seems unlikely though as they would need to ensure they bring in some elite players if they are to achieve their objectives.

Salvatore Landolina

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Anyone watched Napoli yesterday ?
    If we can trust Napoli's coach, then Hamsik was again brilliant.

Hamsik scored the winner against Greek side Panionios at the Stadio San Paolo as Napoli won 1-0 on the night and 2-0 on aggregate in the Intertoto Cup.

“I have run out of adjectives to describe Hamsik,” declared Reja.
    “He is an incredible player and I take the opportunity to wish him a happy birthday"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)