Hack This Site (1 Viewer)

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #43
    You know I've never even heard it was possible to fake the referrer. I've tried passing env variables myself, tried opening the link with a form string bypassing the referrer (ie "from bookmarks") but the script wants the referrer to be the site that hosts it, I can't figure out how to bypass that.. :undecide:

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
    You know I've never even heard it was possible to fake the referrer. I've tried passing env variables myself, tried opening the link with a form string bypassing the referrer (ie "from bookmarks") but the script wants the referrer to be the site that hosts it, I can't figure out how to bypass that.
    pc whizz language :D

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    You know I've never even heard it was possible to fake the referrer. I've tried passing env variables myself, tried opening the link with a form string bypassing the referrer (ie "from bookmarks") but the script wants the referrer to be the site that hosts it, I can't figure out how to bypass that.. :undecide:
    If only I can "talk" to the host, and try to do a form POST. I don't know if Windows allows me to do that :undecide:

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #46
    Constructing a form string doesn't work, that's for sure. Then the referrer is set to empty. Right now I'm thinking we need to go low level (though I wonder how hard the next levels are if this one actually requires this much work) and send HTTP headers through telnet, I'm gonna try that if I can figure out the right commands and sequence.

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
    yes, finally got it..after some numerous tries!

this is really troublesome :eek:

edit: y'know doing all these makes me think how prone our websites are to such doings:scared:

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #53
    YEEEEEES!! Finally, about friggin time!

To anyone interested, according to what Sarah and I have found so far, there's no way you'll get this one without some basic HTTP knowledge so apparently this is where it gets tough..

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #57
    Oh ain't life sweet when you succeed on the first try, level 6 is childs play. :D:party::cool:

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #58
    ++ [ originally posted by Sarah ] ++
    yes, i believe you martin ;):LOL:
    Hey it was my idea to fake the referrer via telnet, I just didn't know how to do it, otherwise I would have done it a long time ago. What you posted wasn't even related to that, what headers you get from the server is completely beside the point and not helpful at all. Sorry but that's the truth. :D;)

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
    :p

But the answers are right there along the lines...post, referer, content-type...they're all there...:)

...plus I got there first :stuck_up::D

<--really going now...toodles

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #60
    :p

But the answers are right there along the lines...post, referer, content-type...they're all there...:)
    Yeah but I didn't know how to construct a proper request until my googling finally paid off, turns out my telnet supplied an automatic double return after post/get strings so I never got to input the whole thing. Found a way around that and then it finally worked. :)

...plus I got there first :stuck_up::D
    I know, it's gonna haunt me forever. Might as well forget about going to bed tonight.. :D;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)