Gym and fitness (14 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Yeah that's what I gather from my quick Google research... most of the injuries are beginners who don't know wtf they're doing.

Organised or kickabouts?
To each their own, personally don't think it's ideal for someone who isn't in decent shape already. You can do bodyweight exercises at home for free as opposed to paying over $100/month.

- - - Updated - - -

Its high injury rate is mostly in beginners who get thrown in the deep end immediately. Having people who have hardly touched a weight in their lives suddenly doing Olympic lifts is about as dumb as it gets. Same deal with the volume and intensity of exercise for complete beginners, which is why they managed to create Rhabdo issues (rather difficult to do with even the slightest common sense).
Good point. But given the high # of injuries and your being the lowest common denominator, what do you think are your odds of avoiding an injury as a beginner, Mr "Saponara>Isco?" :lol3:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
To each their own, personally don't think it's ideal for someone who isn't in decent shape already. You can do bodyweight exercises at home for free as opposed to paying over $100/month.

- - - Updated - - -

Good point. But given the high # of injuries and your being the lowest common denominator, what do you think are your odds of avoiding an injury as a beginner, Mr "Saponara>Isco?" :lol3:
Indeed. Working out a home demands a lot of discipline tho imo

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Saw a friend of mine yesterday who i hadn't seen in about two months and the guy has lost a ton of weight. Entire beer gut is gone.

Apparently he was doing intermittent fasting. Not sure how healthy that is but goddamn he did lose a substantial amount of weight in a very short time.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
i didn't say it was healthy or that I would try it just that it certainly worked for him in the short term. Does that mean he won't just gain all the weight back now? idk
If you lose weight too fast, you do tend to gain it back, it also fucks up your hormones.

Fasting may somewhat mitigate that.

Besides tons of other health benefits, it's also a good way of losing the gut. Only way you can spot reduce (besides drinking 6+ cups of green tea daily for little effect) bc it increases blood circulation in belly.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I started gym a year ago, at first I though it was a good idea to bulk and did not care what I was eating or drinking.

The results a big fucking belly.

Last three months I did not train at all and lost about 5 KGs just by cutting dinner and sugar drinks. Did not stop beers on weekends, though.

Now I am trying to gain some muscle, but I don't want to gain the belly fat again.

Any ideas?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I started gym a year ago, at first I though it was a good idea to bulk and did not care what I was eating or drinking.

The results a big fucking belly.

Last three months I did not train at all and lost about 5 KGs just by cutting dinner and sugar drinks. Did not stop beers on weekends, though.

Now I am trying to gain some muscle, but I don't want to gain the belly fat again.

Any ideas?
eat clean

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
What workout-specific supplements do you take if any?

Besides whey isolate and possibly creatine monohydrate, is there anything else that's actually useful without negative effects?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
@Experts

I got myself a new toy, a smart scale. I was never interested in these data but i thought why not start at this age.

I am 170 cm and the scale gave me these

Weight 68.5 kg
BMI 23.7
Body fat 15.9%
Muscle mass 28.8 kg
Bone mass 4.1 kg
Body water 61.4%

What should I make out of that? I know my body fat is a bit on the up side as I am the worse when it comes to looking over what I eat and what not to.

Any tips on what I should do? Keep my data around these numbers? Anything in particular that needs to be changed?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
@Experts

I got myself a new toy, a smart scale. I was never interested in these data but i thought why not start at this age.

Weight 68.5 kg
BMI 23.7
Body fat 15.9%
Muscle mass 28.8 kg
Bone mass 4.1 kg
Body water 61.4%

What should I make out of that? I know my body fat is a bit on the up side as I am the worse when it comes to looking over what I eat and what not to.

Any tips on what I should do? Keep my data around these numbers? Anything in particular that needs to be changed?
not an expert by any means but these scales aren't accurate when it comes to bodyfat because the way they work they send an electrical signal up your body to measure the resistance and mostly your bodyfat% gets underrated because the signal is too weak and doesnt get much further than your mostly skinny legs.

I've bought a caliper for like 5€ to estimate my bf% and it gives much more accurate results, few percent above my scale.

Digital age sucks balls in many regards still.

BMI value is obviously fairly accurate but it's a useless metric to begin with

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
@Experts

Weight 68.5 kg
BMI 23.7
Body fat 15.9%
Muscle mass 28.8 kg
Bone mass 4.1 kg
Body water 61.4%

Do you run toward something or away from something?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
not an expert by any means but these scales aren't accurate when it comes to bodyfat because the way they work they send an electrical signal up your body to measure the resistance and mostly your bodyfat% gets underrated because the signal is too weak and doesnt get much further than your mostly skinny legs.

I've bought a caliper for like 5€ to estimate my bf% and it gives much more accurate results, few percent above my scale.

Digital age sucks balls in many regards still.

BMI value is obviously fairly accurate but it's a useless metric to begin with
Yes I know that about body fat percentage and I am ok to add 5% to that but my legs are not skinny at all. The only thing that is misleading is that most of the fat is around the waist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)