Gym and fitness (26 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Has a really high rate of injuries though. Is it all about doing everything properly and not being clumsy or also has to do with all the exertion?

Think it's more of a fad than anything.
Is it any worse than lifting weights or football?

Probably it's both, improper form and overexertion.

Idk if it's a fad, it's been around quite a while now. The ones that are committed seem to be in great shape.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

Idk if it's a fad, it's been around quite a while now. The ones that are committed seem to be in great shape.
Yeah, CrossFit known for injuries. More common than in other exercises or sports.

Not sure, but might be improper balance between the exertion and rest.

Will get you in shape for sure. They go all in.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Its high injury rate is mostly in beginners who get thrown in the deep end immediately. Having people who have hardly touched a weight in their lives suddenly doing Olympic lifts is about as dumb as it gets. Same deal with the volume and intensity of exercise for complete beginners, which is why they managed to create Rhabdo issues (rather difficult to do with even the slightest common sense).

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Yeah, CrossFit known for injuries. More common than in other exercises or sports.

Not sure, but might be improper balance between the exertion and rest.

Will get you in shape for sure. They go all in.
Its high injury rate is mostly in beginners who get thrown in the deep end immediately. Having people who have hardly touched a weight in their lives suddenly doing Olympic lifts is about as dumb as it gets. Same deal with the volume and intensity of exercise for complete beginners, which is why they managed to create Rhabdo issues (rather difficult to do with even the slightest common sense).
Yeah that's what I gather from my quick Google research... most of the injuries are beginners who don't know wtf they're doing.

Yeah I do it for cardio and lift the rest of the days
Organised or kickabouts?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
But you still could be, unlike be an effective sprinter. Endurance training and longer distances are often what people prefer when they get older and it's just because how human body works.

The longest distance i'v ever ran is half marathon and it 1.35 but it was without any proper training, just some uphill interval drills + tennis/football, which obviously gave me some type of endurance, but i have to say, it was the most painful 1.35 i'v ever spent on my life so far considering i ran it with a guy, who had full marathon on his belt. Im more of a 400-800m runner, faster than 99.9% but still lacking some maximium speed for 100m even i'd get ahead on start, but still having PB at 11.13 even tho, that was 10 years ago before i went to army and i never participated on any trainings, just football background but i guess i'd have had chance to make it for something like ~10.50 with proper training. 400-800m works way better for me, would be nice to try and get below 50 seconds before i turn to 30, still that ~51 is what i did 10 years ago remains as a PB on 400m.
Yes that is true, I am fully capable of preparing and running a marathon and even longer but I am not interested at all. I do mountain biking and I do cross country in the winter along with casual skiing. I also like doing workouts outside, body weight or urban gyms. I think that's more than enough for me.

1.35 foe the half is nice. My fastest was 1.42, got there a couple of times. My drwam is to go under 1.40

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Murica fuck yeah

- - - Updated - - -

That probably uses the BMI which doesn’t account for muscle so it groups jacked people together with fat fucks. Meaning the data is skewed and we could just have a lot of jacked people.

#facts

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Murica fuck yeah

- - - Updated - - -

That probably uses the BMI which doesn’t account for muscle so it groups jacked people together with fat fucks. Meaning the data is skewed and we could just have a lot of jacked people.

#facts
Oh I didn't realize it was a map. I thought it was the flag of alphabet people.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Unless you’re into lifting weights or a professional athlete, BMI is a pretty good indicator. And let’s be honest, most Americans with a 30+ BMI aren’t powerlifters.
How do you know that? I think most Americans are powerlifters and this is the strongest nation on earth on a per capita basis.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not have dad bod
Pics or gtfo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)