Gym and fitness (16 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
12km just under 60 minutes, I haven't run this distance at this pace in years. I am so thankful right now!

Skickat från min H9436 via Tapatalk
My legs, my lungs, my heart, myself.
Judging by the last few pages, isn't this a bit sad and funny?

You should only run two miles in order to reach your best potential and learn to live ffs. Enough with the biohacking.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
You've clearly missed the point. JCK is living, he enjoys running. He isn't running because he is on some never-ending optimization project.
So, exercising = living well & feeling good

But eating well can't be living well & feeling good but is a neverending optimization project.

K. :howler:

You also missed the part about "best potential."

Jun 6, 2015
So, exercising = living well & feeling good

But eating well can't be living well & feeling good but is a neverending optimization project.

K. :howler:

You also missed the part about "best potential."
Both can be. I myself have spent way too many hours learning about nutrition. I find it interesting, but I also know that there isn't some universal optimal diet that I or anyone else should follow to a T. We like different things and our body processes foods differently.

You yourself earlier asked what would be the optimal way of eating. From what you are writing here I get the sense that it is some kind of project for you. I think the biggest difference here is in our approach to wellbeing. We're on the same page that living well and feeling good is great.

Also, you don't always need to get so worked up when someone doesn't completely agree with you ;)

- - - Updated - - -

The real question here is what is the best diet to achieve immortality
Something with a lot of preservatives or alternatively whatever Trump eats. Probably the same thing though.

Last edited:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Both can be. I myself have spent way too many hours learning about nutrition. I find it interesting, but I also know that there isn't some universal optimal diet that I or anyone else should follow to a T. We like different things and our body processes foods differently.

You yourself earlier asked what would be the optimal way of eating. From what you are writing here I get the sense that it is some kind of project for you. I think the biggest difference here is in our approach to wellbeing. We're on the same page that living well and feeling good is great.

Also, you don't always need to get so worked up when someone doesn't completely agree with you ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Something with a lot of preservatives.
I asked what's likely the optimum diet for longevity.

You can replace "the optimum" with "the ideal" or "a very good" and add "as far as we know" or "you think" if that makes you feel more at ease and less project-like (lol). Also, note the word "likely."

As for longevity, what's healthy is what's healthy long-term. Short-term focus is exactly what's gimmicky and biohack-like.

It was meant for a discussion. No one was seeking THE answer to a topic that doesn't have one. If food/nutrition talk doesn't interest you, that's fine, but I'm surprised you (plural, always the same people lol, not Kyle or swag) got that worked up about it and at the level of reading comprehension. Not surprised by the knee-jerking.

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

You can replace "the optimum" with "the ideal" or "a very good" and add "as far as we know" or "you think" if that makes you feel more at ease and less project-like (lol). Also, note the word "likely."

As for longevity, what's healthy is what's healthy long-term. Short-term focus is exactly what's gimmicky and biohack-like.

It was meant for a discussion. No one was seeking THE answer to a topic that doesn't have one. If food/nutrition talk doesn't interest you, that's fine, but I'm surprised you (plural, always the same people lol, not Kyle or swag) got that worked up about it and at the level of reading comprehension. Not surprised by the knee-jerking.
https://www.health.harvard.edu/stay...t-linked-to-longevity-say-harvard-researchers

Jun 6, 2015

Not worked up at all :D As I already mentioned it's a topic that very much interests me thus I'm taking part in the conversation. I think quite often the changes people make in their diet are too big and too radical. They make eating a choir and that is rarely sustainable long-term. You need to be able to enjoy or at least not hate what you eat. People making short-term changes to their diets is one of the main mistakes. So as I already earlier said my main advice would be to eat the healthy foods that you enjoy eating. I think saying that you should eat this and that food is the wrong approach.

You seem to relish these feuds with people, but I'm sorry I'm not someone who sees a point in wasting my energy in such things. I'll leave the petty remarks to you.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Not worked up at all :D As I already mentioned it's a topic that very much interests me thus I'm taking part in the conversation. I think quite often the changes people make in their diet are too big and too radical. They make eating a choir and that is rarely sustainable long-term. You need to be able to enjoy or at least not hate what you eat. People making short-term changes to their diets is one of the main mistakes. So as I already earlier said my main advice would be to eat the healthy foods that you enjoy eating. I think saying that you should eat this and that food is the wrong approach.

You seem to relish these feuds with people, but I'm sorry I'm not someone who sees a point in wasting my energy in such things. I'll leave the petty remarks to you.
I already mentioned stressing out over eating does more harm than good esp if you're already eating moderately healthy (stressing out over anything does) and that one should have a varied, diverse species focused diet. So, I'm not sure why you're repeating the same things back to me.

When I say you lack reading comprehension, it's a fact based observation, not an insult.

And you can eat however many bags of Lays you want. Having a discussion on food & nutrition doesn't mean I am or anyone else is telling you to stop.

- - - Updated - - -

My sister has lost 10 kilos on the keto diet. It's not a magical diet or anything but she likes it enough to stick to it for long.
For how long has she been on it?

You lose a lot of water weight in the beginning.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I eat healthy food because when I don't I feel worse physically. I exercise because when I do I feel much better both physically and psychologically. These are my only reasons, very simple. And my approach to the healthy food and exercising is also simple: they are parts of my life, but they don't define who I am or what I can or cannot do (If I want to eat cake - I eat cake).

I used to be a fan of all of those "best ways" of exercising, eating, etc., but then I grew up. There are so many things you should do "right" in order to live the "perfectly healthy" life that the entire idea is unreachable. Food and exercising are just a tiny part of what defines your life in terms of your health. You also need a perfectly clean air and water. You also need to avoid all kinds of stress (which causes more harm than the unhealthiest food imaginable), which means, for example, no football. You also need to avoid constant noise around you (did you know how bad the average city background noise is for your health?). And so on.

There are people who try to do all of this and even more. Unfortunately, usually they just have severe mental health issues that drive them into this "healthy living" escapism, so it's not about real health after all. Look at those who call themselves biohackers, people eat a hundred pills every day, which is worse than what people with the most severe illnesses do, but believe they are living the healthiest lives. But the level of psychological pressure they put themselves under easily erases everything good they could hypothetically get from that insane level of "healthiness" they aspire to reach.
what is this?

Jun 6, 2015
I already mentioned stressing out over eating does more harm than good esp if you're already eating moderately healthy (stressing out over anything does) and that one should have a varied, diverse species focused diet. So, I'm not sure why you're repeating the same things back to me.

When I say you lack reading comprehension, it's a fact based observation, not an insult.

And you can eat however many bags of Lays you want. Having a discussion on food & nutrition doesn't mean I am or anyone else is telling you to stop.
Based on perception you mean? :D I'm yet to be convinced by your ability to make observations.

I don't really like or eat Lays so don't worry. My diet is too strict if anything. I should probably take my own advice and loosen my grip on it at times.

Last edited:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Based on perception you mean? :D I'm yet to be convinced by your ability to make observations.

I don't really like or eat Lays so don't worry. My diet is too strict if anything, I should probably take my own advice on loosen my grip on it at times.
You're yet to be convinced of and are confused by a lot of things, even simple topics, easy to read sentences, and maybe your ability in operating a screwdriver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)