Gym and fitness (14 Viewers)

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I've a question in case someone has an idea or has seen a solution

To improve my weak legs and upper back, i've added hex bar deadlifts in my schedule. However, with 6 plates a side the thing is completely full, i in fact need bands to keep the outer plats on cause they are only half on the sleeve.

I'm looking for a way to add another plate. But not with ducktape, cause that is filthy and leaves adhesive on the plates.

Any idea's are greatly appreciated
lol this is liek a pretty girl asking on instagram if she is ugly without makeup

:lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
No one cares.

We're playing the semi final of the World Cup.

Juventus are signing Ronaldo.

There is no weakness.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
The semis are days away
So is Ronaldo

- - - Updated - - -

lol this is liek a pretty girl asking on instagram if she is ugly without makeup

:lol:
Actually not. I have a big comp in september and I want to win the overall best lifter in the deadlift only category.

Weaknesses are leg drive and upper back.

2 main competitors have those as big strengjt

I need to get a 800lbs hax bar lift in order to get to the strenght that I can beat both.

I however have no idea how to get extra plates on this thing

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I've a question in case someone has an idea or has seen a solution

To improve my weak legs and upper back, i've added hex bar deadlifts in my schedule. However, with 6 plates a side the thing is completely full, i in fact need bands to keep the outer plats on cause they are only half on the sleeve.

I'm looking for a way to add another plate. But not with ducktape, cause that is filthy and leaves adhesive on the plates.

Any idea's are greatly appreciated

Ain't there any heavier plates available?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Ain't there any heavier plates available?
Those reds are 25kg. only heavyer plates are 50kg but they are double as thick. ( red 25's are 4.2cm, 50kg's are around 8)
The solution in the future is that i'm replacing these with rogue calibrated competition discs (2.2 cm). But thats not anytime soon cause just build a house.

Current idea is to use a strap cable (those use in trucks but bit smaller).go through the hole twice and connect at the inside of the plate stack

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Those reds are 25kg. only heavyer plates are 50kg but they are double as thick. ( red 25's are 4.2cm, 50kg's are around 8)
The solution in the future is that i'm replacing these with rogue calibrated competition discs (2.2 cm). But thats not anytime soon cause just build a house.

Current idea is to use a strap cable (those use in trucks but bit smaller).go through the hole twice and connect at the inside of the plate stack
I see :agree: I was referring to those heavier plates that are not thicker but have bigger diameters/areas.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I see :agree: I was referring to those heavier plates that are not thicker but have bigger diameters/areas.
Ahh i see.

Well it has to be normal diameter discs. Reason i started using a trap bar is to increase leg drive and upper back stifness when pulling. Additionally, regular deadlifts are tought on the nerves (cns) so take a while to recover. When doing high frequency deadlift routines like i'm doing now (based off Tom Martin), you can do "daily max" which is a weight you can do for maximul 1/2/3 reps, but without losing form (grinding). A trap bar makes you grab to the side so there is less angle and much less stress on the back, so you can really smash yourself with it, and be recovered normally.

Now it does have handles, so i'm gripping 5 cm higher then on a barbell. So i vary between grabbing it like that, or putting a plate under my feeth so its exactly the same height.

Larger diameters would mean i need to stack additional stuff under my feeth :p

Really want to get up to 800lbs with this excercise, to be certain i'm ahead of Lucas Blaha on points next time. I likely need a 370kg pull in september to beat him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)