Gym and fitness (25 Viewers)

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Best way to lose weight? You guys are fucking amateurs!

The best way is to take a break from training for 3 weeks and get hammered every single day. I lost 7 kgs back in the days with that diet. And no, didn't gain any body fat during it.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Best way to lose weight? You guys are $#@!ing amateurs!

The best way is to take a break from training for 3 weeks and get hammered every single day. I lost 7 kgs back in the days with that diet. And no, didn't gain any body fat during it.
Did you eat food during this time?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Best ways to lower body fat percentage? Cardio and diet? I'm skinny but want to lose that extra bf.
Building some lean muscle mass will help keep your resting metabolism higher, and help you burn those calories. Weight training is a great way to lower body fat percentage when combined with a bit of cardio and diet.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Best ways to lower body fat percentage? Cardio and diet? I'm skinny but want to lose that extra bf.
The other two are experts, I can only share my own experience with this. Do compound exercises with high reps and HIIT for cardio. Hiit doesnt take more than 15 min so you can do that before or after lifting weights. After a few months you'll feel that you can eat anything without gaining weight. Diet is important, but if your goal is just to burn fat then there is no reason to follow a really strict diet as it will decrease motivation.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Building some lean muscle mass will help keep your resting metabolism higher, and help you burn those calories. Weight training is a great way to lower body fat percentage when combined with a bit of cardio and diet.
what he said

- - - Updated - - -

The other two are experts, I can only share my own experience with this. Do compound exercises with high reps and HIIT for cardio. Hiit doesnt take more than 15 min so you can do that before or after lifting weights. After a few months you'll feel that you can eat anything without gaining weight. Diet is important, but if your goal is just to burn fat then there is no reason to follow a really strict diet as it will decrease motivation.
If i have to cut weight drastically, i would definatly go for HIIT squats and intervalcardio again :tup:

SO freaking effective

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
what he said

- - - Updated - - -

If i have to cut weight drastically, i would definatly go for HIIT squats and intervalcardio again :tup:

SO freaking effective
:tup:

When my goal was to decrease weight my programme was something like this:
2min skipping rope
35 pushups
10 pullups
20 lunges
50 ab exercises

With no breaks in between. Then i spent a few minutes trying not to die, then repeat. Do that round 3-4 times andnits a solid workout that will just melt you.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

When my goal was to decrease weight my programme was something like this:
2min skipping rope
35 pushups
10 pullups
20 lunges
50 ab exercises

With no breaks in between. Then i spent a few minutes trying not to die, then repeat. Do that round 3-4 times andnits a solid workout that will just melt you.
hey Nic all this fancy ab stuff you're doing:

1) why?
2) can any idiot do it? or do you need to be well trained first?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
hey Nic all this fancy ab stuff you're doing:

1) why?
2) can any idiot do it? or do you need to be well trained first?
I'm doing it because whenever I've trained in my life I've been doing it wrong. The result is that I have really strong arms and a strong chest, but my core can't keep up. I found this out when I was doing physical labour where we had to dismantle small bridges that go from the beach and 20m out. Also I'm going to China for three months in 2016 to train kung fu and after that I'm going to do 8 months in the civil defence getting a catastrophe education, so I need my physique to be really good before I go into that.

Any idiot can do it, I'm not that advanced yet. Why do you ask?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I'm doing it because whenever I've trained in my life I've been doing it wrong. The result is that I have really strong arms and a strong chest, but my core can't keep up. I found this out when I was doing physical labour where we had to dismantle small bridges that go from the beach and 20m out. Also I'm going to China for three months in 2016 to train kung fu and after that I'm going to do 8 months in the civil defence getting a catastrophe education, so I need my physique to be really good before I go into that.

Any idiot can do it, I'm not that advanced yet. Why do you ask?
Just curious about why cause a lot of people here train, but I mostly don't know what motivates them.

I also have a weak core, so I might try some of this stuff.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

Whats your motivation?
Mostly weight loss (I started at 95, I'm now stuck at 87). Which I have no real understanding of. Typically the stuff that people write works amazing doesn't seem to do much for me.

But also having a basic level of strength. Before I started bodyweight I couldn't sit on a chair without back support for more than half an hour without starting to feel back pain.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Mostly weight loss (I started at 95, I'm now stuck at 87). Which I have no real understanding of. Typically the stuff that people write works amazing doesn't seem to do much for me.

But also having a basic level of strength. Before I started bodyweight I couldn't sit on a chair without back support for more than half an hour without starting to feel back pain.
Say you want to get down to 80 (judging by the pictures youve posted that seems like a good weight for you). When was the last time youn were at 80 and how long did it take you to gain 15kg?;

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Say you want to get down to 80 (judging by the pictures youve posted that seems like a good weight for you). When was the last time youn were at 80 and how long did it take you to gain 15kg?;
Good question, let me think.

Last time I was at 80 was probably 7-8 years ago. How long did it take to gain 15? Basically that amount of time, with some unsuccessful attempts at weight loss mixed in.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Good question, let me think.

Last time I was at 80 was probably 7-8 years ago. How long did it take to gain 15? Basically that amount of time, with some unsuccessful attempts at weight loss mixed in.
iirc you started working out (swimming, I think it started with?) 3-4 months ago. By any calculation you've dropped 8kg too fast, so there's no reason to feel like you're 'stuck' anywhere. I took you 7 years of being inactive and having the wrong diet to get where you were, it should take slightly less than that to get back to 80 with a good diet and activity. That's the mindset I had when I had to drop 23kg and it helped me stay focused in the interim period where there were some results (seriously man, 8kg!) but the goal still seemed far away.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, once your body strenght starts going up you'll start enjoying working out - as the exercises get more fun and you start to feel like you're pushing yourself for the fun of it rather than because you have to in order to drop the kg's.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
iirc you started working out (swimming, I think it started with?) 3-4 months ago. By any calculation you've dropped 8kg too fast, so there's no reason to feel like you're 'stuck' anywhere. I took you 7 years of being inactive and having the wrong diet to get where you were, it should take slightly less than that to get back to 80 with a good diet and activity. That's the mindset I had when I had to drop 23kg and it helped me stay focused in the interim period where there were some results (seriously man, 8kg!) but the goal still seemed far away.
Tbh I would be quite thrilled if by the end of the year I can get close to 85 and then spend the next 6 months trying to reach 75 (my ideal weight).

Thanks for the encouragement though. It's true I've come a long long way already!

How did you experience weight loss? Was it a steady/constant decrease over time? For me it's been something like:
- lose 4-5kg in 6 weeks
- no change for 4 weeks
- lose 2kg in 4 weeks
- no change for 5 weeks

Plus, once your body strenght starts going up you'll start enjoying working out - as the exercises get more fun and you start to feel like you're pushing yourself for the fun of it rather than because you have to in order to drop the kg's.
Yeah, I still feel like I'm recovering from a long period of inactivity and I'm a bit fragile to DOMS and injury in the joints. So I can't push myself that much. I hope that will pass.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Tbh I would be quite thrilled if by the end of the year I can get close to 85 and then spend the next 6 months trying to reach 75 (my ideal weight).

Thanks for the encouragement though. It's true I've come a long long way already!

How did you experience weight loss? Was it a steady/constant decrease over time? For me it's been something like:
- lose 4-5kg in 6 weeks
- no change for 4 weeks
- lose 2kg in 4 weeks
- no change for 5 weeks

Yeah, I still feel like I'm recovering from a long period of inactivity and I'm a bit fragile to DOMS and injury in the joints. So I can't push myself that much. I hope that will pass.
If you reach 75 by next summer, then you've dropped 20kg in a year. That's a really steep goal to set, but it's ambitious and doable if you really stick to it - so go for it.

I dropped 10kg in the first month, but I took in 1200-1500 calories per day and tried to burn atleast 800. After that I felt like shit, so I dialed it back and dropped 1kg per month or so. Then I had a period of inactivity where I went a few kg up and a few kg down. The last stint has been the past 6 months where I've dropped 6kg fat - I found a routine that works really well for me and most importantly I cut down on booze and beer.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been really lucky though, except for sheen splints and a sore shoulder once I haven't had any injury issues even though I've been pushing hard and doing some stuff wrong in the beginning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)