Gym and fitness (17 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I've had some pretty award winning DOMS in past weeks. Did a bodyweight workout just 20min ago and already I'm feeling things are brewing. Tomorrow should be fun cause I'm supposed to go running with a group. Wonder if that's gonna happen.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I've had some pretty award winning DOMS in past weeks. Did a bodyweight workout just 20min ago and already I'm feeling things are brewing. Tomorrow should be fun cause I'm supposed to go running with a group. Wonder if that's gonna happen.
Bodyweight workout have remarkable potential for DOMS in my experience. On the plus side your body adapts quickly to them.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Body weight ab workout. This is the best fitness channel on Youtube by a country mile by the way.
I did this and a 1 minute L sit (with bent legs not stretched) today next to my usual ab routine. I can't sit up in bed.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm supposed to have sex tomorrow, too. She is in for a major disappointment.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Just take a truckload of ibuprofene
No. Don't. Remember Zach, you are not a trained medical.

- - - Updated - - -

I did this and a 1 minute L sit (with bent legs not stretched) today next to my usual ab routine. I can't sit up in bed.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wait for 2nd day DOMS. 'bitch better have my money'. :lol:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

That always sucks. Try sitting against your head board while she rides you. That works for me when I'm sore.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

- - - Updated - - -

That always sucks. Try sitting against your head board while she rides you. That works for me when I'm sore.
You guys sound like those Vietnam veterans in war movies, with limbs missing. :D

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I love your solution, make her do all the work :D
You guys sound like those Vietnam veterans in war movies, with limbs missing. :D
Feels like it. It hurt when I reach stuff off the top kitchen shelf..

Im going for a 5k before work, perhaps that will limber me up a bit.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
That's an award ceremony I'd like to see.

Body weight workouts can be very intense if you want to work hard enough. I recommend checking out Metafit workouts for good body weight routines.

Anything from this channel. You have to work out the structure yourself unfortunately.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Looks fun.

I'm sorta lost in terms of goals right now. I'm still doing the basic body circuit one from nerdfitness.com cause it requires no equipment. Still can't do full push ups, but everything else I can do quite easily. Still wears me out, but I could move on to something more difficult at this point.

Some of the stuff people have posted here in the past few days have given me some new inspiration.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That sounds difficult.
If you can do between 50-100 double unders in a row consistently it isn't terrible, but the sheer volume has just annihilated my calves for today. I don't think I'd ever done more than about 250-300 in a single workout before. This time I was aiming to do rounds of just over 60 every minute out to 1000 and finish in 15 minutes but about half my rounds finished in the 40s and 50s.

It's a fun challenge.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
If you can do between 50-100 double unders in a row consistently it isn't terrible, but the sheer volume has just annihilated my calves for today. I don't think I'd ever done more than about 250-300 in a single workout before. This time I was aiming to do rounds of just over 60 every minute out to 1000 and finish in 15 minutes but about half my rounds finished in the 40s and 50s.

It's a fun challenge.
I do about 150 of them during my rope warmup. Not in a row, it goes some thing like 10 singles, 20 jumps where i alternate feet (standard boxing footwork stuff) 5 singles a crossover and then I try to get 10 doubles in. Rinse repeat.

Been skipping rope a 3-5 times per week for over half a year now, my calves are by far the strongest part of my body.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)