Gym and fitness (16 Viewers)

EyeC_U

Jan 10, 2015
World record holder deadlift without a belt, and probably the best deadlifter in history. His 939lbs record deadlift, was drugtested and clear.

IPF (heavy tested) world record deadlift holder, with stiff eleiko bar (405kg at 103kg BW)

Well known american multi time champion in the -125 class, exemplary physique(he has an extremely hot ebony wife aswel)

Current holder of several records in IPF, and relatively young, very strong deadlift despite lower bodyweight

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, "fat". Why dont you shut the fuck up son
Lol you really are butthurt. You probably look like a fatass nasty semi professional powerlifter.

Anyway that dude cannot be natural, he's been on the juice for quiet some time.

EyeC_U

Jan 10, 2015
I'm only showing you why you are wrong, and insulting towards my sport. That is all.
Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps not. You can be selective and post pictures of world class powerlifters that are definitely on the juice but hey what do i know? I was just expressing my opinion towards powerlifting, you getting butthurt is another story.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm only showing you why you are wrong, and insulting towards my sport. That is all.
:tup:

People too often forget that powerlifting and O-lifting are weight class sports, and only in the Open weight category do lifters ever look overweight. In all the actual non-open weight-classes the lifters are most often shredded and have very little to no excess fat.

Even in the Superheavy, especially in raw powerlifting, the lifters are rarely what one could call fat.

People are so ignorant about this stuff.

EyeC_U

Jan 10, 2015
This is Benedikt Magnusson
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/AR0PmBAMlJ8/maxresdefault.jpg
A very powerful powerlifter yet he's a fat fuck.

So yeah, even pro power lifters can look like pigs.

- - - Updated - - -

People too often forget that powerlifting and O-lifting are weight class sports, and only in the Open weight category do lifters ever look overweight. In all the actual non-open weight-classes the lifters are most often shredded and have very little to no excess fat.

Even in the Superheavy, especially in raw powerlifting, the lifters are rarely what one could call fat.

He looks sooooooooo shredded

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And my point flies right over your head. I referred to weight classes, not the open category at the top.

For example:

Jesse Norris, a Raw, drug-tested world record holder at 90Kg:

Josh Hancott a raw, drug-tested world record holder at 75 kg:

Krzystof Wierzbicki a raw, drug-tested world record holder at 100kg:

And so on, and so forth.

Just because you can show me some pictures of Super Heavies (the weight class should give you a hint) who are fat, means absolutely nothing. Deadlift is a fantastic exercise for anyone aspiring to work out functionally. Hence the reason they are used in a large majority of sports conditioning programs for elite athletes, especially as a precursor to olympic lifts.

And once again, as I said. All the weight classes under about 120 Kg are filled with shredded lifters.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Well of course they are shredded in lower weight categories. They diet to be eligible. In the open category the fat makes you stronger.

EyeC_U

Jan 10, 2015
That's my point. Calling powerlifters a bunch of roided out fatasses is pretty ridiculous and offensive.
My bad, I was close minded and only thinking about super heavyweight power lifters, I admit that. What I don't take back is that it's an exercise that could snap your back and fuck you up forever even if you have good form! Hope it never happens to any of you, including Zach.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
My bad, I was close minded and only thinking about super heavyweight power lifters, I admit that. What I don't take back is that it's an exercise that could snap your back and fuck you up forever even if you have good form! Hope it never happens to any of you, including Zach.

I think it's all a factor of mitigating risk with proper form, technique and concentration, which is the case with many heavy weightlifting exercises, and most sports.

I mean, I climb and surf, both of which have inherent risk... I try to reduce risks to reasonable levels.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is the risk is pretty low when using proper form, and when not lifting at or beyond absolute limit weights. But as a functional exercise, with less than limit weights, it's a pretty good one.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
That's my point. Calling powerlifters a bunch of roided out fatasses is pretty ridiculous and offensive.
Most competitive powerlifting is happening in the weightclasses. Both IPF and WRPF have shredded athletes in all their weightclasses till -120 kg. Male and female
TO be competitive in the +120 class, you need to weigh around 170 kg.

WPRF works with -125, -140 and +140. -125 has serious powerfull dudes. -140 is borderline. +140 has some fatter athletes, but also some surprisingly lean ones like Kiril sarychev.

Same goes for olympic lifting, wich goes to -105,+105.

-105 : Klokov. Definition of physique. +105 has seriously heavy athletes, but not even alot.

Powerlifting is "full meet" or "push/pull".

Bench only, or deadlift only is something else. Some strongmen do "deadlift only", if they can do a proper form. ALOT of extreme fatso's with short arms and a huge fatchest do Bench only.

Also, powerlifting is "raw" or "equipped". We arent talking about obesity american multyply bullshit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)