Gym and fitness (171 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

What position do you play?
:lol:

Usually winger, sometimes fullback. Our coach thinks our fullbacks are pretty shit so both me and the other winger have been used in the fullback position at times. Can't say I appreciate that, but it's about helping the team I suppose.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Anyone here who ever had an issue with bloodpressure , or veign popping in the eye ?
A quick google search says it sometimes happens to powerlifters.

I've had a broken blood vessel in an eye once. Wasn't from some particular occasion I remembered, I just noticed it when I woke up in the morning. Healed in no time, didn't hurt and didn't affect my eyesight. Though I'm not a doctor, my gut says that if it hurts or affects your sight, you should seek medical care.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
So 3 weeks of extreme CNS overloading :

The negative : My eye looks like this (Note : photo is not for sensitive viewers, you were warned)

The positive :

New PR squat (250kg) and Deadlift (2*2*290kg, could have made 3 reps but didnt chalk enough)

Those smelling ammonium salts are an immediate trigger for nosebleeds tho, jesus christ

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Had Practice meet today.

When i started and was doing the squats, the guys who were spotting had finished their arms training. Maybe you notice at the end of the vid

Still not 100%, but its something

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
i didnt do any of that, i just played football today
That's fine. People are obsessed with lifting these days. Don't get me wrong, if you want muscles lift. And in moderation it is very good for you. But I'm sure even Zach will tell you that you don't need to lift huge weights to be healthy. In fact, the weights he's pushing pose a health risk.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That's fine. People are obsessed with lifting these days. Don't get me wrong, if you want muscles lift. And in moderation it is very good for you. But I'm sure even Zach will tell you that you don't need to lift huge weights to be healthy. In fact, the weights he's pushing pose a health risk.
Do you advice me to go lower weights and stop thinking about going heavy?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Do you advice me to go lower weights and stop thinking about going heavy?
I'd say it depends. If you don't get injured with heavy weights and like them I'd say keep doing them as long as you feel stable and safe. But if you do get hurt, I'd regress to a lower weight or do other exercises. For example my shoulders do not agree with the bench press so I just do push ups for chest. Not as cool and fun, but still okay.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't do benchpress either because I don't feel comfortable but I do like going heavy on the deadlift because as you said, it is so much fun.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Strength is never a weakness. But indeed, past a certain point, the actual advantages are low compared to the potential injuries from silly shit you can have.

Since my deadlift is much better then my squat, it doesnt tax anything to the ragged edge. However, passing out with 247.5kg on your back and 1 or no spotters, and you will sit in a wheelchair for at least a year

- - - Updated - - -

Excercise in general, regardless of what kind, should be applauded and persuaded.

Pushing yourself very far in that excercise is a choise.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't do benchpress either because I don't feel comfortable but I do like going heavy on the deadlift because as you said, it is so much fun.
If you have a thin build and are long, its awkward cause you never get compression anywhere of two bodyparts. However, if you get past that point, its pretty good when done correctly

That last isnt a dig at you, dont worry, its a dig at dudebro's who feel obliged to go tell people how they should do stuff, while beeing completely wrong. Since i've had considerable rotatorcuff trauma cause of it, i wont stop repeating it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 167)