Gym and fitness (32 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
No reason to jump in front of a train. I was a whale two years ago, now Im 25kg lighter - you need to make the decision to turn shit around though, cant half ass it.
It's not so much the losing weight part that I'm worried about - that I can do. It's the retaining muscle part that really worries me. Going to increase my protein intake and reduce carbs, but 160g of it is a lot to hit for me.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
My opinion is to not start too drastically, but ease in the change.

Pasta is a good carb source. With just some daily chicken and a shake or two you could go a long way filling your needs

Nuts are a good fat source for the evening

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
It's not so much the losing weight part that I'm worried about - that I can do. It's the retaining muscle part that really worries me. Going to increase my protein intake and reduce carbs, but 160g of it is a lot to hit for me.
If you're not worried about losing fat then you shouldnt be worried at all. Boost lowfat protein intake and remember to lift them weights next to all the cardio youre going to be doing.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
My opinion is to not start too drastically, but ease in the change.

Pasta is a good carb source. With just some daily chicken and a shake or two you could go a long way filling your needs

Nuts are a good fat source for the evening
Should I actually try to measure every gram of protein I take in to reach 1g per pound?

If you're not worried about losing fat then you shouldnt be worried at all. Boost lowfat protein intake and remember to lift them weights next to all the cardio youre going to be doing.
I feel like maybe I'm over-complicating it, I tend to do that. I just have legit fear of losing muscle for some reason.

Isnt that like 80kg?

How tall are you?
5'6"

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Calculate how much whey and chicken you need per day, thats about it.

I know i need two shakes, 250g chicken, 350g lowfat red meat, 4 eggs and cottage cheest with whey

Thats alot, but i weigh more

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
It's average for me (but I'm a pretty okay runner, so I don't know what others would say). Kind of a weird distance to choose though.
It's just a good run from one place to another along a path next to the beach

That's almost a mile, so 5 minutes is really good I'd say.
It could have been about 5:30 not sure exactly. I did ~6+ minutes yesterday but that was with a really strong headwind. And I'm totally fucked after lol.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Well a sub-5 minute mile is something of a benchmark in amateur running, so to do anything sub-6 for what is nearly a mile is obviously a great starting point. I'm a poor distance runner and always have been, I could run a mile around 6.30 but not for any greater distance.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well a sub-5 minute mile is something of a benchmark in amateur running, so to do anything sub-6 for what is nearly a mile is obviously a great starting point. I'm a poor distance runner and always have been, I could run a mile around 6.30 but not for any greater distance.
Once you get into these sorts of distances your build is obviously going to matter a lot. If you're tall and slim you are going to do a lot better than a small stocky guy. A 5 minute mile is nothing special, but to you it might mean you're in great shape.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)