Gym and fitness (22 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
My best time when it comes to running is 5km in 23min. Laugh if you must :D
I've seen worse. My best time in 10k is 35 minutes. No idea about 5k as I've only entered a 10k race to please my little brother. I do run 5k's every once in a while, but not for time and to be honest between soccer and lifting I don't care to do much extra running.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I've seen worse. My best time in 10k is 35 minutes. No idea about 5k as I've only entered a 10k race to please my little brother. I do run 5k's every once in a while, but not for time and to be honest between soccer and lifting I don't care to do much extra running.
Damn that's fast. I am a dedicated runner and the fastest I've done 10K is 47 minutes.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Damn that's fast. I am a dedicated runner and the fastest I've done 10K is 47 minutes.
My entire family is into athletics. My little brother ran 38 min on the 10k and he was 10 years old at the time..

Like I said though, build matters a lot when it comes to running. In fact it matters with all activities. I'd love to have a great squat PR, but unfortunately I don't appear to be built to squat much.

35m is a decent time by the way, but it's nowhere near elite.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
My entire family is into athletics. My little brother ran 38 min on the 10k and he was 10 years old at the time..

Like I said though, build matters a lot when it comes to running. In fact it matters with all activities. I'd love to have a great squat PR, but unfortunately I don't appear to be built to squat much.

35m is a decent time by the way, but it's nowhere near elite.
It's also how early one gets into athletics. I am relatively late as I first started to care about fitness was at the age 34. Even if now I am over 40 and I am still seeing progress, I tend to think that had I started much earlier I would have gotten into better numbers when it comes to any kind of physical exercise I do.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's also how early one gets into athletics. I am relatively late as I first started to care about fitness was at the age 34. Even if now I am over 40 and I am still seeing progress, I tend to think that had I started much earlier I would have gotten into better numbers when it comes to any kind of physical exercise I do.
That makes sense. I also think some of the adaptations you build as a child/adolescent stay with you for your entire life. My girlfriend is tiny for example, but due to her past as a gymnast she has ridiculous strength.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I suspect it would improve if I gave up smoking, just cant bring myself to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)