Gym and fitness (17 Viewers)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Niiiikola, pa gdje sunce ti jebem, nema te ni na haxu da dajes autogolove!!!

I seriously fucked up my upper back muscles, it hurts like hell :(

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Ok so I seem to have hit a pleataeu with my bench press, I'm stuck on 90KG, I can do about 8 reps but no more, then my mind convinces me I can't hit a 1/2 rep max on 100KG, any ideas how I can get over this?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Niiiikola, pa gdje sunce ti jebem, nema te ni na haxu da dajes autogolove!!!
Bio sam malo u grckoj na lefkadi pa u srbiji sa kumovima i porodicom. Dolazim u sarajevo krajem septembra naj vjerovatnije :D.

Sto se tice haxa sumnjam da cu vise igrati, bas mi nije dobro za pritisak a navucem se kao narkoman.

- - - Updated - - -

A fellow swimmer!
Da!

How far have you been swimming? (Never thought I'd see you in the Gym thread btw, dno why :D )

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Da!

How far have you been swimming? (Never thought I'd see you in the Gym thread btw, dno why :D )
I haven't gymmed in 2 years. I just started again recently.

I typically do 1km, sometimes 1.5km. Been thinking of taking it up to 2km on some days to work on endurance.
You?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I haven't gymmed in 2 years. I just started again recently.

I typically do 1km, sometimes 1.5km. Been thinking of taking it up to 2km on some days to work on endurance.
You?
What sparked you?

I've been doing 1km with a friend on and off for a few months before my vacation. I have no idea what my time is, but it's not very good I'm sure.

I did 2,8km in Greece though, open sea. Fell right asleep once I got out of the water.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
What sparked you?

I've been doing 1km with a friend on and off for a few months before my vacation. I have no idea what my time is, but it's not very good I'm sure.

I did 2,8km in Greece though, open sea. Fell right asleep once I got out of the water.
Burnout at work, and degrading health. Walked out of my job and now I'm spending several months taking a break from it all.

I cracked 27min on 1km today. I'd like to get to 20min, but it's a long road. When I started training 2 months ago my first time was 40min.

I don't think I could swim that long. I've done 2km in the past and the problem was always hunger, I couldn't take anymore.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I have been training for 2 months now and I have to say the hardest thing is the whole strategy part.

Last week I trained 5 days in a row Monday-Friday. Felt fine, nothing hurt. Then two days of complete rest. Uneventful. Monday this week I'm back in the pool and out of nowhere my right thigh muscle is killing me. I swam anyway, but I had to go a lot slower. Today (Tuesday) I did a bodystrength workout and the body felt fatigued. I completed though. It's evening now and I could go for a 5km run. I know I can do it, but with my thigh still sore should I. Is that a good idea?

I keep worrying about plateauing. I think to myself that I have to push myself harder. Longer workouts, maybe strength and cardio both on the same day sometimes. But then I hit obstacles. I ran 10km a few weeks ago, blew my knees out. Went at it pretty hard in the pool last week, shoulder pain.

It's like navigating a complicated treasure map. In theory it's always possible to do more, but the more tired I am the greater the risk of getting injured.

:undecide:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I have been training for 2 months now and I have to say the hardest thing is the whole strategy part.

Last week I trained 5 days in a row Monday-Friday. Felt fine, nothing hurt. Then two days of complete rest. Uneventful. Monday this week I'm back in the pool and out of nowhere my right thigh muscle is killing me. I swam anyway, but I had to go a lot slower. Today (Tuesday) I did a bodystrength workout and the body felt fatigued. I completed though. It's evening now and I could go for a 5km run. I know I can do it, but with my thigh still sore should I. Is that a good idea?

I keep worrying about plateauing. I think to myself that I have to push myself harder. Longer workouts, maybe strength and cardio both on the same day sometimes. But then I hit obstacles. I ran 10km a few weeks ago, blew my knees out. Went at it pretty hard in the pool last week, shoulder pain.

It's like navigating a complicated treasure map. In theory it's always possible to do more, but the more tired I am the greater the risk of getting injured.

:undecide:
Somebody's bitten :D.

Personally, every time my body starts fatiguing like that or I'm having uncomfortable pain I take 3-4 days off and take in plenty of food and water. Then when I go back to the gym I feel like I can push a few percent harder than I could before.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I feel like I'm getting too fat so I'm going to start trying to cut. Any suggestions? I've heard from many that cutting down on carbs is the way to go, as difficult as that will be for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)