Gym and fitness (27 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Are you good with these rings ? Quite difficult i hear
I have the weakest arms on earth. I can do five toe to rings, I can do maybe 3 or 4 pull ups and I can hang quite well both straight and L-hang. My goal is to do muscle ups but as you said, it's difficult and considering how weak my arms are then I am thinking it's even more difficult than what people say.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I have the weakest arms on earth. I can do five toe to rings, I can do maybe 3 or 4 pull ups and I can hang quite well both straight and L-hang. My goal is to do muscle ups but as you said, it's difficult and considering how weak my arms are then I am thinking it's even more difficult than what people say.
That's because you haven't met me.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Check this dude out, gnarly lift and technique:

- - - Updated - - -

Practice meet 22 May 2015 :

Squat : 240
Benchpress : 160 (class3, 2.5kg away from class2)
Deadlift : 300
Total==700 (CMS, 7.5kg away from MS) N°1 in Belgium, Tim Devits, totals 750, but is 36(end of peak), while i'm 29(peak starts at 31).
Bodyweight=119.6
Wilks coefficient=402.3

I'm midway my current schedule (next practice meet is 24 october), and i have to max on squat next thursday, and benchpress+deadlift next saturday.

Yesterday i've done a new squat "double" pr with 2*230kg, first time since meet i've used a belt.

Hoping to see 250-255 squat, 165-170 bench and 310-315 deadlift next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, Sheiko forum has the tables

http://sheiko-program.ru/forum/index.php?topic=3.0

Check Ukraine tables.
Do you lift raw or with equipment?

I lift raw, a guy at my gym advised that using wraps and belts can help with building technique and strengthening parts of a lift but he lifts raw for full lifts. He was talking about o-lifts though.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Check this dude out, gnarly lift and technique:

- - - Updated - - -

Do you lift raw or with equipment?

I lift raw, a guy at my gym advised that using wraps and belts can help with building technique and strengthening parts of a lift but he lifts raw for full lifts. He was talking about o-lifts though.
Raw classic. Belt+wristwraps
Might change to normal raw in the future, wich also allows kneewraps (those can add 10% on squats)

Never gonna do suits. Not my cup of tea

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Some deadlifts off blocks from last saturday

Normally i was going to use chalk and reverse grip, since i can pull better over 90% then with straps, but a tendon in the left wrist is strained, so i cant put torsion on it with the left palm out. switching to left in right out is a huge risk for a bicep tear as its not accustomed to the weight.

Second set was when the gym was allready closing, so i had to do it with a still to high heartrate.
Note, fuck those shorts. should have rolled them up as they kinda get in the way

This tuesday maxing squat, and bench+deadlift on saturday, hopefully some nice pr's

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Looking at your knees shaking, if I do that I will surely tear my knees.
Only happens when you are hitting the limit of your CNS. Wouldnt have occured as much if i had a 5 min pauze for both sets, and if i could use chalk.

On squats, this would be a different story. But i'm squatting far from the weight my cns can take.

- - - Updated - - -

When i pulled that 300 off the floor 22nd may, i barely had shaking. But that was with a smooth singlet and chalked, and from the ground

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Would be pretty weird to tear your knees during a deadlift, if not impossible.
Considering that I already have my knee torn, too much weight on them can increase the chance or make the risk of tearing it again pretty easy. It's the first thing I asked when I started my physiotherapy.

pro tip: put your knees in a block of cement first, this will help stabilize
I usually wear knee support for both knees when I work out, so I am good. :cool:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
@Azzurri7 i very highly recommand these

http://www.sbdapparel.com/product/sbd-knee-sleeve/

They dont give you any extra strength, but they keep the knee warm and add little pressure, wich is ideal to keep the quedriceps and hamstring connections, the quadricep tendon and patellatendon warm. I used to have inflammating issues before i used those, and its completely gone.

Squatting is actually beneficial in your case. It just has to be controlled with a PT, on low weight for high sets so your tissue can grow and strenghten. A practice with is very often used by American physical docters after the recovery of a grave injury.

- - - Updated - - -

SBD or Titan/Inzer can be expensive. But you really need that thick Neoprene. Rehband is good for ellbow sleeves, but dont offer the same support for the knee due to inferior design compared to these.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Zach, yesterday I did my stretches and warm ups, did my first set at 40kgs and felt a small cramp in the back of left knee. I stretch my calf and hamstring out and then went up to 90kgs for my next set and on the third rep the cramp meant I couldn't carry on but it felt fine 10 mins later. Is that likely a random build of acid or an injury?

Deadlift btw

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
@Azzurri7 i very highly recommand these

http://www.sbdapparel.com/product/sbd-knee-sleeve/

They dont give you any extra strength, but they keep the knee warm and add little pressure, wich is ideal to keep the quedriceps and hamstring connections, the quadricep tendon and patellatendon warm. I used to have inflammating issues before i used those, and its completely gone.

Squatting is actually beneficial in your case. It just has to be controlled with a PT, on low weight for high sets so your tissue can grow and strenghten. A practice with is very often used by American physical docters after the recovery of a grave injury.

- - - Updated - - -

SBD or Titan/Inzer can be expensive. But you really need that thick Neoprene. Rehband is good for ellbow sleeves, but dont offer the same support for the knee due to inferior design compared to these.
Looks good.

I started doing squatting a month ago but I'm going on maximum light weight, 10kilos maximum of 4 sets. Next week will try 15-20 and will see how it goes, I'm taking my time and not rushing up to see how my knees responds.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Zach, yesterday I did my stretches and warm ups, did my first set at 40kgs and felt a small cramp in the back of left knee. I stretch my calf and hamstring out and then went up to 90kgs for my next set and on the third rep the cramp meant I couldn't carry on but it felt fine 10 mins later. Is that likely a random build of acid or an injury?

Deadlift btw
Sounds like a randomn thing, sometimes had this during squats, never during deadlifts. Drink enough water ! Make sure your vitamins are on point

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)