Gym and fitness (24 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Of course you predict reactions. You state a hypothesis and conduct an experiment to test the hypothesis. It's called the scientific method.
tgoh, good point, it depends from where you look.

I'm referring to what the FDA does, as they are monitoring actual results in lab animals to base their dosages on, and wether its clear for use in the first place.

But offcourse, you are right that if you just say "scientists" one can also look at the process of how it goes from "a product" to lab testing. In that process the compound is analysed on its probably reactions and tested in tubes with various conditions to see what metabolites are produced, before it goes to lab animal testing.

I was only talking about the final step, i should have been more precise. .[/QUOTE]

Context is important, for sure. Where in the report or article do you see that the "significant" change is, in this case, actually insignificant given the context?
I based that on studies we read 3 years ago when determining cafeine, asparthane and glucose in soda's, cause we wanted to give the reader of the report an idea on what the health impacts were. Its basically bacterials who grow on methanol that cause it.

When they say significant in these articles, they allways refer to the statistical meaning.

They didnt mention raw numbers. So i'll go by those previous articles. .

Also, just because processed food is a MUCH bigger problem and that we live longer now than we used to doesn't mean sweeteners is a non-important subject.
You are right. Research should allways be done. However, i absolutely hate how food based research tends to attentionwhore a mouse into an elephant

- - - Updated - - -

Am I going to die early?
Depending on genetics, you can drink 1 bottle of vodka each day, and get 80+ years old.

My grandfather is 94 currently. Has allways worked very hard as a farmer. Fled the germans in WWII. Carried family on his back since he got 14 cause father died and brother became ill.
He drank about 10-15 beers each day, cause they drink it like water. He actually never drinks anything different then beer

His liver ? Still no issue whatsoever

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I based that on studies we read 3 years ago when determining cafeine, asparthane and glucose in soda's, cause we wanted to give the reader of the report an idea on what the health impacts were. Its basically bacterials who grow on methanol that cause it.

When they say significant in these articles, they allways refer to the statistical meaning.

They didnt mention raw numbers. So i'll go by those previous articles. .
To me it sounds like you are skipping a few steps to jump to your conclusion. You are not dismissing this new study because of its content - because, as you said, you don't actually know the raw numbers. You are dismissing it because of the study you read three years ago. So how can you say that the 'the significant disturbances in the blood glucose' is actually insignificant given the context when you haven't actually read the raw numbers? That makes zero sense to me.

- - - Updated - - -

My point is not that sweeteners are harmful, but that we need more research to be able to determine that for sure.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
actually without the numbers the study ought to be dismissed completely
Maybe the study itself, but not the possibility of sweeteners causing disturbances in the blood glucose.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the numbers are there, the whole study is just not free to read on the internet.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Tonight is going to start Mr Olympia,Phill is favourite to win it again,but i hope Kai Green will win it,he is a beast,bigger than Phill !

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Considering i'm training purely for strength and not aesthetics, and the fact i'll need to lose another 8kg to be at a good 10-12%fat to build on, i'm quite pleased that i've been getting a tiny bit of definition in my upper legs

I know its not much. Especially when compared to the ripped chests some here. But i dont train for definition.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Its not actually defined.

There are no veigns, no positional muscle. All you see are 3 of the 4 quadriceps, cause they got a bit big from increasing squat weights.

I love it.

What i dont love is the red line on my shoulders that cuts open at the sides each time

(this photo is taken just ago, after VERY rough training with poor eating today, so dont expect to much definition here)

just finished cleaning it up. Since i'm alone tonight i had to do it myself and as you can see, its not that easy to reach.
Especially considering my arms are a bit stiff from grabbing the bar[

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I do powerlifting. Strong legs improve all 3 my lifts.

If you mean in general, stronger legs give :

Stronger heart, cause of the path you followed to get them
Adds significantly to a solid, strong core. Wich is good for just about anything you do.
More muscle wich is a benefit on its own
Your ass looks better. (any girl or homosexual man will confirm they all like a nice ass)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I wasn't being a dick, I was just interested in why you're building strength ahead of muscle definition. I do muscle definition for aesthetic reasons and I do leg strength work for supporting my cycling/running
I do it cause i like strength, and do powerlifting. Thats a strengthsport in wich you do 3attempts on squat, pauzed benchpress and deadlift, the best attempt adds to the total, wich gets compared with bodyweight to give points.

Stronger legs improve all 3 lifts i do.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Feeling more like a cripple at the moment tbh

slept bad, ate bad, tired legs, had to squat 7s*5r*(80%+9kg)
In 10-11 houres from now, have to squat 10s*3r*(85%+9kg) and bench 8s*4r*(80%+7kg)

But i managed to clean and resticky the contacts of my wriststraps so they are holding firm again, so i got that going for me wich is nice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)