Gym and fitness (179 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
When im holding the bar as its resting on my shoulders my arms always twist an hurt. Not sure what the difference is but i think i use low bar.
highbar is very easely accecable for your arms and dont require much work

Low bar in the beginning, gives issues with the wrist having to bend back, and the tendons of the arms cause you need to push them back considerably

For example on monday there was a massive douche occupying both squatracks and 2 other machines (4x superset routine brah!), so i had to do my benchpressing first, and squatting later

That turned out very difficult, as the considerably pump in the shoulders made my arms less flexible, and i couldnt get the bar to sufficient depth on my back.
When you are trying lowbar at first, its a very simular sensation cause your tendons dont have the flexibility yet.

What you could do is eighter to high bar, cause you have no reason to go lowbar, or stretch the arms daily to improve flexibility and use wristwraps, wich greatly reduce the pain in the wirst.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
highbar is very easely accecable for your arms and dont require much work

Low bar in the beginning, gives issues with the wrist having to bend back, and the tendons of the arms cause you need to push them back considerably

For example on monday there was a massive douche occupying both squatracks and 2 other machines (4x superset routine brah!), so i had to do my benchpressing first, and squatting later

That turned out very difficult, as the considerably pump in the shoulders made my arms less flexible, and i couldnt get the bar to sufficient depth on my back.
When you are trying lowbar at first, its a very simular sensation cause your tendons dont have the flexibility yet.

What you could do is eighter to high bar, cause you have no reason to go lowbar, or stretch the arms daily to improve flexibility and use wristwraps, wich greatly reduce the pain in the wirst.
Thanks for the help Zach i think this should solve it :tup:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
No problem man.
Whilst there are plenty that will tell you low bar squat is better, its actually a matter of traininggoal.

Low bar allows the most powerfull squat, but is very demanding on core strength and lower back in particular to improve. Unless you go full strength, there is no reason to overly tax your core and lowerback with this.

bodybuilders and fitness gents, will preferably use the high bar technique, as it focusses the quadriceps and glutes, but not the core muscles, wich are not nearly as usefull to them. Partial squats will focus the quads only (but defeat the purpose for squatting as you can do curls or leg presses for this), and full depth high bar squats focus the quads, glutes and hamstrings in particular.

One thing. Whilst doing high bar, try to grab the bar as firm as possible without hurting your arms. The more rigid your hold, the better the forum, and the more you'll squat, and get gains.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
That is try, take my form here for example (The left wrist is lilted to far back cause the wrap was getting lose)

As you can see i push my ellbows to the front of me, so my hands get pressed onto the bar.
Meanwhile, i try to get my hands as close to the center as possible. The above is about how close i get on the depth i want.

The bar is relatively high here, cause it was the 35th rep over 7 sets, so i was getting tired.

But the thing is, if you go highbar, not that much changes in the gripping regard. You can easely get your hands closer then you can when doing low bar. So try to do that without having to much discomford in the arms

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 176)

• Ali