Gym and fitness (13 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Now I wonder if there are any studies for long term effect on diet cola consumption of 2.5 litres a day. It's as if you subsitute that holy grail amino acid stuff for water.

The GMO control in EU is much better though. Here in lithuania it would be hard to find food with it, plus every food needs to be labeled too I think.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Now I wonder if there are any studies for long term effect on diet cola consumption of 2.5 litres a day. It's as if you subsitute that holy grail amino acid stuff for water.

The GMO control in EU is much better though. Here in lithuania it would be hard to find food with it, plus every food needs to be labeled too I think.
It's embarrassing to say that Canada is the world's 3rd largest producer of GMOs. The other big problem that has been showing up, and perhaps in the long run more severe than human related health issues (and one Environment Canada has been trying to study further), is GMO impact on biodiversity and ecosystems, terrestrial and aquatic. Our current right wing Government under that megalomaniac Stephen Harper denies pretty much all studies that go against the interests of big business, and instead slash funding to Environment Canada with each new budget they pass, on an annual basis :sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23850261

Here's a study on artificial sweeteners and the effect, I think from the journal Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism.

And a summary of that study and the problems related to taking the current animal model studies into human model studies. Currently with humans, studies are lacking and we're looking more at correlations than specific evidence.

http://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/releases/2013/Q3/prof-diet-drinks-are-not-the-sweet-solution-to-fight-obesity,-health-problems.html

From what I've read, it seems things like aspartame (and worse, sucralose) can have negative effects consumed in excess, however, I'm not exactly sure what "excess" is considered to be... And I'm pretty sure the scientific community isn't really certain yet either. I mean, eating an excess of many healthy things can also cause harmful effects. So it's currently impossible to say what the answer is to the artificial sweetener debate.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
chest, gluts and abs are 3 areas i just can seem to build good defined muscle on ive been training on and off for years now going between the gym, football and boxing maybe its just my genes. I can build muscle everywhere else handy enough. I also need to correct my posture im ever so slightly humped. Wont be fightijg till after the summer so will only be boxing twice a week so have time to go to the gym and so my goals now are to sort this shit out :D

just going to write down roughlyhat my average workout is. I train about 4 or 5 days a week. I do mix it up a bit and sometimes do more or less on a day amd sometimes miss the odd day.

im 25 years old 6ft 1 and roughy 78kilos.

monday.

20min run, squats 4 sets 10 reps 60kilo, dumbbell press 3 sets 20 reps 22.5 kilo (i do the same weights and reps with flys), bench press 3 sets 50kilo, core workout, chest press using machine, with fairly light weights i then do bicep curls and hammers curls, shurgs (heavier weight) and shoulder press, lat pull downs, bent over rows

tuesday
Boxing (jump rope, shadow boxing, 6 3min rounds on bag, sparring, bodyweight exercises/ circuits

wednesday
off

thursday
same as tuesday

friday
same as monday

saturday
light run maybe 30mins

sunday
off

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I need a protein shake that I can drink with water without throwing up. That is why I love BCAA, it tastes so good with water.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Dude, Musclepharm makes the best. I just got their cookie & cream and it is better than a milkshake. I mix it with milk instead of water tho.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
chest, gluts and abs are 3 areas i just can seem to build good defined muscle on ive been training on and off for years now going between the gym, football and boxing maybe its just my genes. I can build muscle everywhere else handy enough. I also need to correct my posture im ever so slightly humped. Wont be fightijg till after the summer so will only be boxing twice a week so have time to go to the gym and so my goals now are to sort this shit out :D

just going to write down roughlyhat my average workout is. I train about 4 or 5 days a week. I do mix it up a bit and sometimes do more or less on a day amd sometimes miss the odd day.

im 25 years old 6ft 1 and roughy 78kilos.

monday.

20min run, squats 4 sets 10 reps 60kilo, dumbbell press 3 sets 20 reps (i do the same weights and reps with flys), bench press 3 sets 50kilo 3 sets 20 reps 22.5 kilo, core workout, chest press using machine, with fairly light weights i then do bicep curls and hammers curls, shurgs (heavier weight) and shoulder press, lat pull downs, bent over rows

tuesday
Boxing (jump rope, shadow boxing, 6 3min rounds on bag, sparring, bodyweight exercises/ circuits

wednesday
off

thursday
same as tuesday

friday
same as monday

saturday
light run maybe 30mins

sunday
off
I would hate your Mondays and Fridays. That's just overdoing it on a single workout day.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I would hate your Mondays and Fridays. That's just overdoing it on a single workout day.
i never really feel too tired or burnt out though as the weights are fairly light. Its the next day when im boxing that i feel it in my legs and shoulders. I am looking to find a better routine though so i can start lifting more and performing better.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
i never really feel too tired or burnt out though as the weights are fairly light. Its the next day when im boxing that i feel it in my legs and shoulders. I am looking to find a better routine though so i can start lifting more and performing better.
What weight do you use for shrugs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)