Gym and fitness (44 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Any kind of "big" requires efford and input.

I dont have a specific concept of "big". Big ranges dramatically, and i'm referring to non doping sporters, not to the pro bodybuilders offcourse since none of us have even close to that required genetic perfection.

For me getting big, starts with a visual muscle or shape, that isnt caused by starving oneselve.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02301/Mens_Fitness_Joe_W_2301413c.jpg

guy on the left, is nothing. guy on the right is wellshaped and has very clear muscular detail. this can definatly be called big

Note, dont look at the abs, i'm talking about the rest, cause his abs are out of everyone's league

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Cutting is an overused term. It basically means losing weight so you get more defined and toned muscles.

While losing fat/weight, you gotta be in caloric deficit. So that 'mass' you gained is visible through your fat level now and you gotta get rid of it. Doing that is possible with

1) eating less
2) adding more cardio (hiit)

If you combine both you're gonna see fast results. HIIT with jump rope is basically jumping for 60 seconds, and then taking 30 seconds break. Repeat that for 10 times. It's an amazing cardio and results are great.

If you can't do that then you should do it with running, which will take even less time. Run (sprint) for 20 seconds and then rest for 10. Repeat that 6-8 times. Try not to die btw. :p
Tabata son.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got the stomach issue too...

I go to gym about 4 times a week with the following schedule:

Day 1 - Work on chest & biceps.
Day 2 - Work on my back & triceps.
Day 3 - Work on shoulders & legs.
Day 4 - Cardio, mostly running.

I'm content with the overall shape of my body, except the stomach area, specially right under my chest. It just doesn't seem to go away. I mean its not that big, it doesn't show with a shirt on, but I'm not happy about it without shirt.

My workouts in general is pretty light-weight. Don't do much heavy lifting, as I don't want to get bigger than I currently am. Just want to get rid of that stomach area, and leaner overall look.

I don't have any specific diet, but I'm conscious of what I eat. And I have never taken any supplements or protein shakes of any kind...I try to avoid those and be all natural.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Measure your caloric intake for a week and then reduce it by 500. Continue your usual workout, but add a tabata or some form of HITT on the end. On day 4 add in something other than running, like playing footie or kayaking, cycling, etc. Something fun but challenging that you will look forward to getting at the end of your workout week.

- - - Updated - - -

i have to side with Zach here, it's really silly to say 'i dont want to get big', but i feel most say that to mean i dont want to put on more size
Perhaps we should encourage and attitude of education rather than castration? Help noobies differentiate between normal muscle growth due to newly worked groups and body building. Seems counter productive when a thread created to help simply belittles the uneducated over semantics.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I strained a butt muscle throwing 7 innings of whiffle ball the other night. Talk about an embarrassing, uncomfortable injury.:D

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Zach sounds like he's knowledgeable most of the times, but damn, sometimes I feel like I want to throw a bucket of acid at his face.

It's nothing personal.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Tabata son.

- - - Updated - - -

Measure your caloric intake for a week and then reduce it by 500. Continue your usual workout, but add a tabata or some form of HITT on the end. On day 4 add in something other than running, like playing footie or kayaking, cycling, etc. Something fun but challenging that you will look forward to getting at the end of your workout week.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps we should encourage and attitude of education rather than castration? Help noobies differentiate between normal muscle growth due to newly worked groups and body building. Seems counter productive when a thread created to help simply belittles the uneducated over semantics.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I strained a butt muscle throwing 7 innings of whiffle ball the other night. Talk about an embarrassing, uncomfortable injury.:D
are you off the high horse? yes? good :D Zach is one of the most helpful people here so dont even go down that route. As for a noob or anyone who comes here saying they dont want to get big, i say they deserve to get ridiculed, it would be like you trying to get into a school program in any discipline with teh caveat you dont want to win the nobel because you dont want the publicity

Zach sounds like he's knowledgeable most of the times, but damn, sometimes I feel like I want to throw a bucket of acid at his face.

It's nothing personal.
so if it's not personal, what is it exactly? :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It's the worst.
@Zacheryah
Does your girlfriend taste a little sour down south?
Like heaven tbh

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, but he would have to weigh and measure it first.
nah see this is the thing, i train for strenght, not "to become big"

So i'm not that strict on my food. I did gain to much fat during the winter tho.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
are you off the high horse? yes? good :D Zach is one of the most helpful people here so dont even go down that route. As for a noob or anyone who comes here saying they dont want to get big, i say they deserve to get ridiculed, it would be like you trying to get into a school program in any discipline with teh caveat you dont want to win the nobel because you dont want the publicity
I just wouldn't be offended by simple shit.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)