Gym and fitness (22 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
@Dule90

Dusan, the idea behind not eating carbohydrates in the evening isn't a matter of time itself but a matter of when you're going to spend the energy you're consuming. Its not recommended that you don't eat carbohydrates in the evening because when you sleep you're unable to burn of that energy and it will likely be stored into fat. With beer though, its different. Alcohol is viewed as an empty carbohydrate. That is, compared to other forms of carbs, alcohol has no nutritional value and therefore is even more likely to be stored into fat than any other carb because the body can't use it as an energy source.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
@Dule90

Dusan, the idea behind not eating carbohydrates in the evening isn't a matter of time itself but a matter of when you're going to spend the energy you're consuming. Its not recommended that you don't eat carbohydrates in the evening because when you sleep you're unable to burn of that energy and it will likely be stored into fat. With beer though, its different. Alcohol is viewed as an empty carbohydrate. That is, compared to other forms of carbs, alcohol has no nutritional value and therefore is even more likely to be stored into fat than any other carb because the body can't use it as an energy source.
It can be used an an energy source, as it will enter the creb cycle, thing is, the convertion of alcohol in the liver, takes alot of time

and if you are sleeping, everything that enter the creb cycle will be stored as fat

the body only uses fat as energysource during sleep, and a very small amounth

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
:lol: Is that guy for real? What an exceptionally odd looking human being.

Don't buy into that sort of stuff. The general idea is to eat a balance of fat, carbs and protein from clean sources - lean protein, unrefined carbohydrates and good fats such as avocado. The main thing to avoid is sugar. Those are the pre-requisites for sustainable fat loss and good health not some dumb drink.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Missed to weeks gym because i was on holidays and am finding it hard to get motivated to going back i'll be gutted if ive lost a lot of strength but i am playing football alot this week so i'll start lifting again next week.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
i am losing gains like a boss :p however i am just as strong so go figure
How much loss are you targetting, and what did you made so far.

Nice to keep same power :tup:

I'm at the end of my second cutting week, lost 3kg so far, 15 to go.

squat, bench and deadlift remains the same. Got a painfull hamstring after my wriststrap broke at the final lift tho, but it should be ok

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
How much loss are you targetting, and what did you made so far.

Nice to keep same power :tup:

I'm at the end of my second cutting week, lost 3kg so far, 15 to go.

squat, bench and deadlift remains the same. Got a painfull hamstring after my wriststrap broke at the final lift tho, but it should be ok
i wasnt targeting anything :p i will prolly go back up in weight as the weather gets cooler, all i care for at this point is benching 315

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)