Gym and fitness (19 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yea, as I thought :sigh: nutrition. It's killing me... I could really eat all that, I just can't afford paying it so much day after day, it sucks! Out of all those things I'm only getting enough sleep. But thanks a lot. I'll give my best so we'll see how that turns out.
training is also important

many of schedules out there, for mass, i'd stick to the proven 4 day

monday : chest & biceps
tuesday : shoulders & triceps
wednesday : off
thursday : back and lats
fryday : legs

sticking to 12 reps also works for putting on size

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
start your routine with legs, helps with boosting testosterone for the rest of the week
I heard it's just a myth.

training is also important

many of schedules out there, for mass, i'd stick to the proven 4 day

monday : chest & biceps
tuesday : shoulders & triceps
wednesday : off
thursday : back and lats
fryday : legs

sticking to 12 reps also works for putting on size
Chest & triceps makes more sense IMO. Bench press hits both anyway, just like many other exercises.

I'm currently on a 3 day split and results are great. My workouts are intense and very good, it's just food that needs to be sorted out.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
mmh bullshit, if theres one muscle you want to workout hard to get big, that is legs
I agree, but legs are the biggest muscle and stronger than others like at least 2 times. On the other hand, there's no point I think that proof how leg exercises boost testosterone level after. I mean, why would only that part of the body do it?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I agree, but legs are the biggest muscle and stronger than others like at least 2 times. On the other hand, there's no point I think that proof how leg exercises boost testosterone level after. I mean, why would only that part of the body do it?
few studies were conducted in support of that, plus every monster i know works hard on legs first and foremost

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
oh legs are importand and essential, for many reasons

1) squat is a compound exercise, that means your entire body is under stress while doing it. about every muscle is trained secondarly, and its extremely good for neural reasons, and blood+small muscle connections in the body. +every powerlifting schedule, has squat on it every single day.

2) you can trigger growth hormone production trough training, for 1 houre per day. that growth hormone trigger, goes for every muscle recently damaged by microtrauma trough training. by adding a day for doing legs, you add more growthhormone

3) muscle takes 48 houres to recuperate and repair. if you bodybuild, you isolate muscles, and spread everything as much as you can. by putting legs in there, you have more options

4) a massive torso, on anorexic legs, will make you look silly :p

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
What do you guys think about training only one muscle group every day? What I've been doing lately is that I work out one muscles group and do as many exercises as I possibly can. Or is it better to train 2 muscles instead?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
What do you guys think about training only one muscle group every day? What I've been doing lately is that I work out one muscles group and do as many exercises as I possibly can. Or is it better to train 2 muscles instead?
wel, the problem there, is the #days per week

you have

chest,back,shoulder,trapezium,biceps,triceps,upper leg, lower leg, and perhaps stomach

you tend to take 1 major muscle (chest,shoulder,back,upper leg) with 1 minor muscle (trapezium,tricep,bicep,lower leg)

you should not do two exercises working the exact same way

for example, chest

bench press : compound chest exercist, that works entire chest, (and also secondarly tricep back and shoulders)
incline dumbell press : upper chest+small muscles for balance and positioning
flat or incline fly : for the side of the chest
overheads : working the chest, in the other direction

you have 4 exercises, that work the chest, in a diffrent way

what is not good

bench press, and machine press. work on the same muscle

you want the training, to be about triggering growth hormone and recovery, if the most complete way

additional info : the back !

back exercise, there is row, and pulldown

you can do wide grip and v bar pulldown, works the same, but in a diffrent way

then add with barbel or machine row, and cable row, also works the same but in a diffrent way

but, make sure you dont hang whilst doing pulldowns, or you are actually doing rows. keep vertical whilst doing that

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
few studies were conducted in support of that, plus every monster i know works hard on legs first and foremost
Dunno, I heard otherwise. But yea, legs are essential and it's kinda silly if you skip them. I used to skip them for over a year but nowadays I do them regularly. Squats are amazing, free weights are amazing. When I started doing legs my abs have gotten better too, eventhough I never believed those who said it, I'm a live proof as I went through it.

oh legs are importand and essential, for many reasons

1) squat is a compound exercise, that means your entire body is under stress while doing it. about every muscle is trained secondarly, and its extremely good for neural reasons, and blood+small muscle connections in the body. +every powerlifting schedule, has squat on it every single day.
Why would you do it every day? It looks like a BS to me. You said it yourself, it takes quite a time for muscles to repair. It's all about compound exercises, I have only those. I have all isolated moves on hold and I skip them all (bar two sets of curls).

I agree with what you said, but it goes for adding any muscle group and not just legs. As for the growth hormone, it activates within the first hour you fell asleep, no?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Dunno, I heard otherwise. But yea, legs are essential and it's kinda silly if you skip them. I used to skip them for over a year but nowadays I do them regularly. Squats are amazing, free weights are amazing. When I started doing legs my abs have gotten better too, eventhough I never believed those who said it, I'm a live proof as I went through it.

Why would you do it every day? It looks like a BS to me. You said it yourself, it takes quite a time for muscles to repair. It's all about compound exercises, I have only those. I have all isolated moves on hold and I skip them all (bar two sets of curls).

I agree with what you said, but it goes for adding any muscle group and not just legs. As for the growth hormone, it activates within the first hour you fell asleep, no?
powerlifting works diffrent from body building

you have 3 training days, monday, wednesday and fryday

monday and fryday, you go real heavy on squat, bench press and rows

wednesday, you take a light squat set, and go heavy on deadlift and military press

its all compound exercise, so your entire body takes 48 houre to repair, wich is exactly what you do with this schedule

growth hormone, not entirely sure how, but i know the maximum trigger is 1 houre exercise per day, the working is when you sleep,
think it was like that

about legs

in april 2011 i broke 2 midhandbones, so couldnt train for 8 weeks

first 6 weeks, i did legs 3 times per week, last two weeks, i added machine exercise, wich is not easy with a plaster (and yes, the bone recovered like it should)

expectation was to lose power, however, the 9th week when i returned to training, i didnt lost anything

thanks, to training legs

my schedule was squat in a smith machine (fixed bar), decline leg press, leg extention, and calf raise, on monday and fryday. wednesday i did hacksquat instead of regular one, also in a machine

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
wel, the problem there, is the #days per week

you have

chest,back,shoulder,trapezium,biceps,triceps,upper leg, lower leg, and perhaps stomach

you tend to take 1 major muscle (chest,shoulder,back,upper leg) with 1 minor muscle (trapezium,tricep,bicep,lower leg)

you should not do two exercises working the exact same way

for example, chest

bench press : compound chest exercist, that works entire chest, (and also secondarly tricep back and shoulders)
incline dumbell press : upper chest+small muscles for balance and positioning
flat or incline fly : for the side of the chest
overheads : working the chest, in the other direction

you have 4 exercises, that work the chest, in a diffrent way

what is not good

bench press, and machine press. work on the same muscle

you want the training, to be about triggering growth hormone and recovery, if the most complete way

additional info : the back !

back exercise, there is row, and pulldown

you can do wide grip and v bar pulldown, works the same, but in a diffrent way

then add with barbel or machine row, and cable row, also works the same but in a diffrent way

but, make sure you dont hang whilst doing pulldowns, or you are actually doing rows. keep vertical whilst doing that
Thanks for the info.

I work out 6 times a week. And I always end every training session by working on my abs.

And I'm not aiming on gaining muscles right now. I want to lose about 5-7 kg but I don't really want to spend 1 hour doing cardio. I find doing cardio to be one of the most boring things to do. Therefor I try to work in the tabata routine on all of my exercises. Basically, I do intervals so 8 sets where I push hard for 20 seconds and rest for 10 seconds.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
interesting workout, how does it work for you ?

for cardio, you could do that in intervals eighter

i share the dislike for cardio, but 20 mins interval is okayish for me

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
powerlifting works diffrent from body building

you have 3 training days, monday, wednesday and fryday

monday and fryday, you go real heavy on squat, bench press and rows

wednesday, you take a light squat set, and go heavy on deadlift and military press

its all compound exercise, so your entire body takes 48 houre to repair, wich is exactly what you do with this schedule

growth hormone, not entirely sure how, but i know the maximum trigger is 1 houre exercise per day, the working is when you sleep,
think it was like that

about legs

in april 2011 i broke 2 midhandbones, so couldnt train for 8 weeks

first 6 weeks, i did legs 3 times per week, last two weeks, i added machine exercise, wich is not easy with a plaster (and yes, the bone recovered like it should)

expectation was to lose power, however, the 9th week when i returned to training, i didnt lost anything

thanks, to training legs

my schedule was squat in a smith machine (fixed bar), decline leg press, leg extention, and calf raise, on monday and fryday. wednesday i did hacksquat instead of regular one, also in a machine
Ive a broken bone in my hand i might start doing the same routine that you did thanks for posting this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)