Gym and fitness (21 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Hey, I thought you might like to know that I am getting back into running (long distance). Working my way up to averaging about 5-6 miles now. Currently I am hoovering right around 4-4.5 miles (not sure in Kilometers:D). Trying to get my running legs back. :stuckup:
Great, if one day I visit the U S and A, we'll have a run together. I promise.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Great, if one day I visit the U S and A, we'll have a run together. I promise.
What do you average in distance? I need to know how much time I have to catch up to your average. :)

PS...great running trails all around DC and Virginia. Quite beautiful.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What do you average in distance? I need to know how much time I have to catch up to your average. :)

PS...great running trails all around DC and Virginia. Quite beautiful.
I have been injured, I got the injury in August and only got back to running a few weeks ago. I am still far from my top form but it feels that I can get there soon if I stay injury free. Before the injury, I used to run on average 20 miles per week divided into 3 or 4 sessions with varying distances. My most favourite runs are 7 miles or 10 miles depending on the mood.

After the injury I have run only once a 7 mile and all the others were around 4 or 5.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I have been injured, I got the injury in August and only got back to running a few weeks ago. I am still far from my top form but it feels that I can get there soon if I stay injury free. Before the injury, I used to run on average 20 miles per week divided into 3 or 4 sessions with varying distances. My most favourite runs are 7 miles or 10 miles depending on the mood.

After the injury I have run only once a 7 mile and all the others were around 4 or 5.
Sweet. We will hopefully be on par then. :)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
How do you build up enough stamina to run such distances?
You start by running short distances and increase slowly and gradually. At the early stages it is healthy to do some walking during your running session to retrieve your heart rate and energy a bit. It's a pain in the beginning, it requires a lot of patience but in the long run you are the winner.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I run 8km, 3 times a week. Is that any good? :lol: Lame question, I know :D
do you train for mass or power ?

i buy it for 18 dollars and it can last me over a month, maybe it's crap for you but when i take jack3d i become a monster
i dont like it, because its a proprietary blend.

they say "20 grams of all this combined". usually low dosage of the good stuf, and a gram of cafeinne so you get a shock at first, and alot less after a month

jack3d contains everything you need, it just dont say in what concentration.

but for 18 dollars / month, its pretty cheap. and if it works, dont fix it !

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
What do you guys think of a cheat day if you’re on a low-carb diet? Is it useful or just harms the progress?

If it’s useful, should it be a meal or a whole day?
And another question,

Is it wrong to take two scoops of whey protein per serving (50g)? I heard that the body will take some of it and store the rest as fats.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
What do you guys think of a cheat day if you’re on a low-carb diet? Is it useful or just harms the progress?

If it’s useful, should it be a meal or a whole day?
its extremely good, if you dont overdo it

low carb diet, has the disadvantage of slowing down the metabolism, out of selfprotection

however, if you take 3 low and then 1 higher carb day, the body remains in a higher metabolic state, and you keep burning fat at a good pace.

Thanks for the reply, Zacheryah. No idea what half of those means but oh well :p Are you a nutritionist?
Bachelor biochemistry(graduating in 3 months), and very much into nutrition, but sceptical.

And another question,

Is it wrong to take two scoops of whey protein per serving (50g)? I heard that the body will take some of it and store the rest as fats.
the body can process 36gram of protein per houre
however, milk creates a "layer" on the stomache, that slows down the uptake

for this reason, you can perfectly take 50 grams.

whey protein, is a mixture of 20 amino acids

to turn them into fat, it would take a long time. you'll just secrete the exess

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'm a righty, but when I've been working out lately I lift more with my left. What's up with that? Have I been exerting it too much?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)