Gym and fitness (13 Viewers)

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
I'd call Amnesty International, bloody violation of human rights.

Whoa, in a scenario where we live together (utopian, I know) we'd be incompatible. If i get less than 9 hours of sleep my day is absolutely ruined, I prefer to sleep 10. Combine that with the fact that I rarely go to bed before 2-3AM. We'd only meat eachother whilst you getting out of bed and me going to sleep :D
I don't really sleep that much to be honest. And 10 hours is unheard of for me. Most of the times I get 5 hours sleep.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
5 hours of sleep isn't enough. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

You need 7-8 hours of sleep. 10 is a bit too much, but old geezers sleep like 5 hours, which I'm assuming you are not :D

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
5 hours of sleep isn't enough. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

You need 7-8 hours of sleep. 10 is a bit too much, but old geezers sleep like 5 hours, which I'm assuming you are not :D

Yes I do mind but definitely far from an old geezer. :D And I know 5 hours isn't enough but I can't help myself. There is never enough free time in the day so I usually take it when I can get it.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Cardio is awesome; you just need to persist, and have some good tunes/beats while ur running.

I used to hate running when I started a couple of years ago; now I actually enjoy my 45 minute runs, as opposed to struggling to get thru 15 minutes of cardio when I first started out.
I used to do 45 mins cardio + weight training 6 days a week, about 2 years ago or so for like 5 months, I ended up hating it but I felt awesome.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Yeah I really urge people to not get stuck to just simple weight training and cardio regimes. It gets boring and after long periods of time you lose motivation and consistency. Kettle bell training is ideal for any body type, its more intense and as a result less time consuming than other forms of cardio and unlike running or skipping a kettle bell routine can work just about every muscle group in your body.
Hey Nenna, do you have a site with some kettlebell exercises focusing on specific body areas? When I was boxing we used to use to do squats with the kettlebell but on the way up swing the bell directly above my head. I do that sometimes and I also do the kettlebell swing but that's more an explosive core exercise. I was after some exercises more to build certain body parts, Chest, shoulders, back, arms etc.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
well the kung-fu is going really well and the kickboxing sparring has started properly,our instructor wants us to enter competition in the next month or two but i aint too sure i want my pretty face punched yet. i aint quite ready for competition but the cardio workout is tremendous

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Yep the first day cardio sucks like hell but after about a week your body feels soooo good!! And that reminds me I have to download some more music on my ipod.
So true, just did a three mile run yesterday and my legs are killin me today!

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Definitely rest some days.

4 days workout 3 days rest is what i'm used to, you should defninitely at least rest 2 days a week though.

I personally go on monday, tuesday, thursday and friday wednesdays and weekends I rest.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Ok well i've gone two weeks of about 250 situps/50pullups/200pushups a day and i can barely stand up now...didn't know if it was a "push through the pain" thing or me being a retard.

Edit: slight exageration, numbers now what I aim for as a minimum.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Rest it up a day or two and see how you recover and feel, if you still think your body isn't fully recovered give it another day.

Rest and food are as important (if notr more) as working out in order to keep you healthy and in shape.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)