Gym and fitness (12 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Depends on height/weight and other factors such as gym time and exercises.. I ate around 4k of calories spread through out 7 times a day and gained muscle and still dropped 10lbs.. If you do weights you need to up your calories with real food.. Weight training burns all day and you need to compensate to gain..
7k...wow, holy shit..

I'm 181cm and 66/67kg. I've been working out for a long time. I think I'm around 10% body fat or so at the moment. I do resistance training and just recently I've added cardio. I think I'm trying impossible - to gain weight and shred it immediately lol. My abs are visible (4 pack I guess), I have to continue with cardio to get better results in stomach area.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/photo.php?pid=2748650&id=742317900

Okay, but I feel jumping rope 1000 times is not enough haha.

But I'm gonna try it and will keep you posted, how soon should I start seeing results?
You think? I was so tired that I almost died after it. If you jump for 1 minute, rest 30 seconds and repeat that 10 times, there's simply no way you won't feel tired.

See results? That's a stupid saying and there's no answer in that. When do you see results after jogging or biking? It depends on 10 other things as well. But like I told you, it's MUCH better than what you're doing right now so I see no reason why should you stick to it.

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
Fabi, try having fat free cottage cheese with a slice of toast and a banana or some fruit in the morning. 14g of protein and 100 cals per half cup. :tup:
Say NO to bananas. They are good in potassium but are so heavy that 1 banana is considered a meal. Also, don't mix fats with carbs, they don't go to well for your body and although it's real hard to avoid (think pizza) it's best to limit.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That was a pretty rough cross country run. The 33 degrees C, sun and the hills really drain me.

Somehow I need to get more energy going so I can improve the time.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Okay

I love cottage cheese!!

Thank you!
Me too. :D
Say NO to bananas. They are good in potassium but are so heavy that 1 banana is considered a meal. Also, don't mix fats with carbs, they don't go to well for your body and although it's real hard to avoid (think pizza) it's best to limit.
Even the smaller ones? Aren't they like 100 cals?

Also, another question. I always manage to get calf cramps in the middle of the night. They are the most painful cramps ever, and I'm so used to them that they barely even hurt anymore. Does this happen to anyone else?

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Pulling out the big guns huh :D
You think? I was so tired that I almost died after it. If you jump for 1 minute, rest 30 seconds and repeat that 10 times, there's simply no way you won't feel tired.

See results? That's a stupid saying and there's no answer in that. When do you see results after jogging or biking? It depends on 10 other things as well. But like I told you, it's MUCH better than what you're doing right now so I see no reason why should you stick to it.
Okay I believe you 10000% since you know way more about this than me!

Thank you :beer:

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
Jump rope will get you nice abs, alternate with 3 days running and 2 abs..

Dus, you have to pick what you want as doing both will drive you crazy.. Go through it like seasons.. Here all winter we bulk and grow spring/summer we rip up and then repeat..

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
Me too. :D

Even the smaller ones? Aren't they like 100 cals?

Also, another question. I always manage to get calf cramps in the middle of the night. They are the most painful cramps ever, and I'm so used to them that they barely even hurt anymore. Does this happen to anyone else?
It's not the cals, bananas are hard to break down in your system (like red meat) and is loaded with sugar.. Start drinking more water for cramps.. Your body isn't getting all it needs.. And if you think you drink enough, drink more.

Dragon, try drinking a gallon of water a day for 4 months (by then you should level off) and you'll lose a lot of water weight.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003

Dus, you have to pick what you want as doing both will drive you crazy.. Go through it like seasons.. Here all winter we bulk and grow spring/summer we rip up and then repeat..
Do you have another alternative to "Suicides"? I don't live near a 200m long field !

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Pulling out the big guns huh :D

Okay I believe you 10000% since you know way more about this than me!

Thank you :beer:
Yeah I'm planning to rip it up until the next year lol. So far my arms are progressing.

I've stopped running, I have no will power to do it. I'm doing HIIT jump rope (read - that I've started only week ago) and ab exercises which can last for half an hour.

Yeah, I like that idea but...it's too hard. I don't want to eat fat and everything just to bulk up and lose this. I wouldn't like to be huge really, but at least 75 kilos so I can polish this nicely.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
It's not the cals, bananas are hard to break down in your system (like red meat) and is loaded with sugar.. Start drinking more water for cramps.. Your body isn't getting all it needs.. And if you think you drink enough, drink more.

Dragon, try drinking a gallon of water a day for 4 months (by then you should level off) and you'll lose a lot of water weight.
Oh, didn't know that. :tup: I don't eat red meat, so I guess I should follow suit with the bananas. I also read that eating potassium helps with the cramps, but if I'm cutting out bananas....:D But I know tomatoes, beans, cabbage all have potassium so I'll have to substitute.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
I just have no idea how you get those.

Not only that I've never had it...but not even heard of it before.
They are the worst cramps ever. Read up on them, everyone agrees with me. :D
Why not?

I cannot stop eating red meat! I get tired of eating chicken/fish all week...
It's hard to digest and most aren't lean. I love chicken, turkey and fish, so I don't complain. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)