Gym and fitness (16 Viewers)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Green tea works but you have to consume a lot (8-10 grams) everyday for about a month before you see results.. And you should always drink more than 8 glasses of water a day if you're trying to lean out.. you can lose your "water reserve" and drop weight easy.. As for losing weight fast, Dragon, don't try it.. Your body works better when you burn the fat not starve it.. You should aim for 1-2 lbs a week.. Well balanced diet is ok until you plateau then you need to up your game..
Okay thank you !

I bought the green tea, is one packet 8-10 grs?

What do you mean about upping my game? I think I already hit a plateau as it's hard for me to lose weight (175cm 55kg)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Guys I never work out nor play any sports. I've been trying to go to the gym for over 3 years now, but no luck. I go maximum 3 days and I hate myself then quit. Lately I've been gaining kilos....

I never was strong and I hate that but I tried to live with it because I know that I'll never work out. Now I'm starting to become fat.... I've always been chubby and sported a belly, but I've been gaining weight and it scares me that I might become REALLY fat.

I've never liked my body and I'm always quite ashamed of it, and strength. I'm never topless at the beach...

Suggestions?
Stop eating McDonald's

If you already don't then stop eating at all

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
can any recommend six pack exercises?
DIET IS KEY FOR ABS!

try to add these things to a well controlled diet to bring down body fat.. most people think that you ned ab muscles to see them when in reality its all down to dieting and low body fat...

Almonds, nuts (unsalted), beans, veggies, dairy (milk), OATMEAL, egg whites (the yolk is gonna shoot up your cholesterol), lean meats (turkey, chicken, lean steak/pork), natural peanut butter, oil (olive, almond, macadameion nut) and berries.

after your diet is sorted you can start off with this..

do these 2-3 times a week depending on soreness and recovery time..

Warm up so you can fire up your core to start burning... when warming up HOLD IN YOUR GUT/STOMACH TIGHT AND DON'T LET GO! All of these should be done after some basic stretches (Top of bottom to body.. start with neck end at ankles)

you can do standing high knee raises ( the higher your raise the better) for 30-45 seconds then after that start with a high knee trunk twist for one side for a 15 count.. so raise your right knee high and twist your trunk to the right side with your elbows bent fist tight with palm side facing you so forearms are out.. after 15 repeat the twist with the left side of body..

next, get down in a push up position and do 15-20 high knees with each leg but make sure your back is straight and your butt is not arched up.. keep it low.. the movement is kind of like you're trying to knee your self in the face..after those are done stay in position and raise your right knee out to the right then middle the left.. those 3 movements count as 1 so do 10-15.. repeat on opposite side..

after that is done get down and plank ( push up position but rest on your forearms with closed fists thumb side up ) for 30-45 seconds.. make sure butt is low and back is straight..

now release your gut and get down in a regular push up position palms out fingers forward and with your TOES slowly walk up as much as you can to your hands which should be stationary.. think of a caterpillar when you do this... once you get up stand up straight to stretch your back and then go back down and do it again.. go for about 30 ft then stop..

now lay on the right side of you body, elbow down like you're holding your self up with your left hand on your hip. straighten out so that your left foot is resting on your right and start dipping for the obliques. the higher the raise the better. do this for 30 seconds and switch to the opposite side and repeat..

on your back and straighten and raise your legs at 10 degrees and hold for 15 seconds.. next move to 45 degrees and hold for 15 seconds.. finally raise as high as you can for 15 seconds.. short break ( 5 seconds ) and repeat but with your legs to left for the 3 angles and then to the right for 3 angles..

on your back, head up and angle your feet straight at 45 degrees and start slaping your quads as fast you can for a count of 50 - 100 depending on your body but no less than 50 and try to do them straight with no breaks..

try that out and let me know how that goes.. its a level 2-3 workout so hopefully you can manage it..

I want two things, to lose weight AND gain strength. This has been my goal since God knows when, but I never start, or when I do I do it wrong then quit early. I need a way that gurantuees I start, continue, and enjoy the process of working out to achieve two targets: lose weight and gain a lot of strength.

Thanks in advance.

DIET! go for 2500 calories a day in 3 big (breakfast, lunch and dinner) meals with 2 snacks in between.. do not eat carbs after 7pm or during dinner and drink only water.. limit the carbs, cut out all the sugar candies and what not and try to get in greens and protein (chicken, beans, lean steak) PORTION CONTROL is your friend.. each serving of a side should be no bigger than your palm.. its hard but stick with it and you'll see results FAST. if you want you can try my ab routine above but the most important thing is that you lose weight before you try to get strong and put on muscle.. take baby steps and lose the first 5-10 lbs by dieting alone to get into a routine that will suit you and I will help you with if you need me to.

Okay thank you !

I bought the green tea, is one packet 8-10 grs?

What do you mean about upping my game? I think I already hit a plateau as it's hard for me to lose weight (175cm 55kg)
I highly doubt one pack is 8-10 grams.. the most I could find in my area is 2 grams per bag so I was drinking tea 3-4 times a day.. by upping your game I mean to Carb cycle and limit carbs to 25 grams per day and re-feed on saturday.. no white flour only whole grains ad the above mentioned fat burning foods.. if you want to get real gangster there's also ketoing.. but I don't recommend that unless you're crazy like me.

any questions just ask or PM I'm more than happy to help.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
I highly doubt one pack is 8-10 grams.. the most I could find in my area is 2 grams per bag so I was drinking tea 3-4 times a day.. by upping your game I mean to Carb cycle and limit carbs to 25 grams per day and re-feed on saturday.. no white flour only whole grains ad the above mentioned fat burning foods.. if you want to get real gangster there's also ketoing.. but I don't recommend that unless you're crazy like me.

any questions just ask or PM I'm more than happy to help.
Okay so about what is 25gr of carbs? I already eat everything in whole grains (bread, rice, pasta) so that shouldn't be much of a problem...

What's ketoing?

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Football at 8 then heading to the gym after. Can't wait.

Oh i just found a stash of Pu-erh tea in my cupboard i think its a chinese herbal tea for losing weight. Does anyone know much about it or if its any good might try a cup now.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
DIET! go for 2500 calories a day in 3 big (breakfast, lunch and dinner) meals with 2 snacks in between.
Man, that doesn't really sound right.

He wants to lose weight. The way you said it means gain weight and build muscles.

He has to take less than 1.7k calories while her breakfast should be big, other meals much smaller, especially dinner.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003

She wants to lose weight. The way you said it means gain weight and build muscles.

She has to take less than 1.7k calories while her breakfast should be big, other meals much smaller, especially dinner.
I don't think that was directed at me :p

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Guys I never work out nor play any sports. I've been trying to go to the gym for over 3 years now, but no luck. I go maximum 3 days and I hate myself then quit. Lately I've been gaining kilos....

I never was strong and I hate that but I tried to live with it because I know that I'll never work out. Now I'm starting to become fat.... I've always been chubby and sported a belly, but I've been gaining weight and it scares me that I might become REALLY fat.

I've never liked my body and I'm always quite ashamed of it, and strength. I'm never topless at the beach...

Suggestions?
I want two things, to lose weight AND gain strength. This has been my goal since God knows when, but I never start, or when I do I do it wrong then quit early. I need a way that gurantuees I start, continue, and enjoy the process of working out to achieve two targets: lose weight and gain a lot of strength.

Thanks in advance.
Strict diet, resistance training and most important thing - cardio. Don't waste your time with jogging, do high intensity training (HIIT) instead. It gives much better results and lasts 3 times less. Avoid alcohol of course.

Follow that and you'll be beast eventually. Keep eating fat and the other crap, you'll get bigger.

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
Okay so about what is 25gr of carbs? I already eat everything in whole grains (bread, rice, pasta) so that shouldn't be much of a problem...

What's ketoing?
Keto is a serious diet that involves 0 carbs and high protein (so you dont lose muscle)weekly with one day of re-feed.. It makes your body turn to fat for energy instead of glucose.. It tricks your brain and you can get real ansty and angry during the initial first 3 weeks.. It gets you RIPPED and people usually do it before summer to get a tight beach bod..

If you already switched to whole grains the limit them daily such as oatmeal or whole grain for breakfast ONLY and no carbs for the rest of the day but high protein (like a sister to the keto diet). Re-feed by eating a whole meal with carbs on Saturday.. You should also try running as that will help lower body fat aswell with a different diet..

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009

He wants to lose weight. The way you said it means gain weight and build muscles.

He has to take less than 1.7k calories while her breakfast should be big, other meals much smaller, especially dinner.
You can't start a diet and expect some to go to the extreme.. Baby steps to build up metabolism and then you take it from there.. If I said start at 1800 he/she would go crazy and not go through with it.. I lost over 130 pounds in a year and you may disagree but I've been through it and know what it takes to start and go through with it.. You don't learn how to drive in a Ferrari do you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)