Gym and fitness (4 Viewers)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Keto is a serious diet that involves 0 carbs and high protein (so you dont lose muscle)weekly with one day of re-feed.. It makes your body turn to fat for energy instead of glucose.. It tricks your brain and you can get real ansty and angry during the initial first 3 weeks.. It gets you RIPPED and people usually do it before summer to get a tight beach bod..

If you already switched to whole grains the limit them daily such as oatmeal or whole grain for breakfast ONLY and no carbs for the rest of the day but high protein (like a sister to the keto diet). Re-feed by eating a whole meal with carbs on Saturday.. You should also try running as that will help lower body fat aswell with a different diet..
Okay, great, however that Keto diet sounds scary

My only problem is that I HAVE to have carbs (or whole grains) for lunch (as it is my biggest meal). Is it bad if I have a whole wheat bread sandwich for breakfast and then at lunch I have whole grain rice?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You can't start a diet and expect some to go to the extreme.. Baby steps to build up metabolism and then you take it from there.. If I said start at 1800 he/she would go crazy and not go through with it.. I lost over 130 pounds in a year and you may disagree but I've been through it and know what it takes to start and go through with it.. You don't learn how to drive in a Ferrari do you?
I know what you mean but it's just the way you said it. 5 meals every day with a lot of calories? IMO that looks like a way to gain weight, not lose.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Strict diet, resistance training and most important thing - cardio. Don't waste your time with jogging, do high intensity training (HIIT) instead. It gives much better results and lasts 3 times less. Avoid alcohol of course.

Follow that and you'll be beast eventually. Keep eating fat and the other crap, you'll get bigger.
How do I do HIIT?

I usually jog on the treadmill for half an hour...

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
Okay, great, however that Keto diet sounds scary

My only problem is that I HAVE to have carbs (or whole grains) for lunch (as it is my biggest meal). Is it bad if I have a whole wheat bread sandwich for breakfast and then at lunch I have whole grain rice?
You live in Europe right? I'm going to Italy next week and that's gonna be my main problem.. The hours of eating.. You need to realize that you need to cut stuff out in order to burn fat.. It's ok if your lunch has carbs just as long as your other meals do not.. It's a tough adjustment at first but you can get used to it.. One slice of whole grain bread here in USA is 25grams so unless you have only one slice I'd go for seconds on the meats and veggies like broccoli and spinach cause they'll keep you "full" much longer than bread.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
How do I do HIIT?

I usually jog on the treadmill for half an hour...
You run for 20 seconds (sprint) and then rest for 10. Repeat that 8 times. It's really really hard but it will burn more fan than your half an hour jogging. Not just that, jogging will boost your metabolism, but not for a long time as it stops when you finish. HIIT on the other hand boosts your metabolism for the next 2 days and it's way better.

EDIT: Or do jump rope HIIT. Do for one minute, then rest 30 seconds. Repeat 10 times. It's also better than jogging.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
You run for 20 seconds (sprint) and then rest for 10. Repeat that 8 times. It's really really hard but it will burn more fan than your half an hour jogging. Not just that, jogging will boost your metabolism, but not for a long time as it stops when you finish. HIIT on the other hand boosts your metabolism for the next 2 days and it's way better.

EDIT: Or do jump rope HIIT. Do for one minute, then rest 30 seconds. Repeat 10 times. It's also better than jogging.
So I jump rope 10x and that's it?

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
You live in Europe right? I'm going to Italy next week and that's gonna be my main problem.. The hours of eating.. You need to realize that you need to cut stuff out in order to burn fat.. It's ok if your lunch has carbs just as long as your other meals do not.. It's a tough adjustment at first but you can get used to it.. One slice of whole grain bread here in USA is 25grams so unless you have only one slice I'd go for seconds on the meats and veggies like broccoli and spinach cause they'll keep you "full" much longer than bread.
Okay I got you now.

So what do you say I eat for breakfast? (please don't say egg whites or fruit because I'm tired of that already :D)

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
I know what you mean but it's just the way you said it. 5 meals every day with a lot of calories? IMO that looks like a way to gain weight, not lose.
2500 calories by 3 meals and 2 snacks? 4 oz of chicken breast alone is 100 cal.. You have to remember that he said he had no motivation at all, I was just trying to help him start off.. You need to boost metabolism by keeping it going throughout the day you can't drive a car with no gas.. A persons metabolism is like a furnace and you need to keep it burning constantly to eliminate fat.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Jumproping is great indeed, add 2iters of water with it every day, walk the stairs(you burn alot of calories with that because it will cost you alot of power to do and repeat it. A fruit day also help you lose some some. But never forget to eat at least 3 times a day. Breakfast is the most important one.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
2500 calories by 3 meals and 2 snacks? 4 oz of chicken breast alone is 100 cal.. You have to remember that he said he had no motivation at all, I was just trying to help him start off.. You need to boost metabolism by keeping it going throughout the day you can't drive a car with no gas.. A persons metabolism is like a furnace and you need to keep it burning constantly to eliminate fat.
I can't gain weight, what would you suggest me?

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
You should oil it and keep the mill greasy and you will be fine:) otherwise its a machine defect and let somebody repair it before you get hurt In my gym they oil it every week to keep it in the best shape. Does it make sounds aswell when you run on it?

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Not 10 sets of 10. You're jumping whole minute...then rest. You'll probably jump around 100 times. And do that 10 times.

You should pick one cardio. After 20 minutes you're starting to burn muscles too, not just fat.
Okay, but I feel jumping rope 1000 times is not enough haha.

But I'm gonna try it and will keep you posted, how soon should I start seeing results?

Kidtaf

May 20, 2009
I can't gain weight, what would you suggest me?
Depends on height/weight and other factors such as gym time and exercises.. I ate around 4k of calories spread through out 7 times a day and gained muscle and still dropped 10lbs.. If you do weights you need to up your calories with real food.. Weight training burns all day and you need to compensate to gain..

Dragon, try "suicides" ( start at a point and RUN 10 yards then back for a total of 20 yards then increase each time by 10 yards until you reach a 100 yard (200 both ways) in total with a min break at 50 yards (100) ) instead of treadmill for a month and you'll notice weight loss. As for breakfast just spice up the egg whites with variations of omelets and different methods of cooking the eggs (scrambled, poached)

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
You should oil it and keep the mill greasy and you will be fine:) otherwise its a machine defect and let somebody repair it before you get hurt In my gym they oil it every week to keep it in the best shape. Does it make sounds aswell when you run on it?
My dad said, "it's not meant for running, that's why." :rolleyes:

It makes the regular noise of the winding and as the speed increases it gets louder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)