Gym and fitness (33 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Saucony :tup: But I prefer Mizunos more.

Talking of which I just finished a 15,5 km run and completing 550 km with my Mizuno Wave Inspires. I can't wait until I hit 1000 with them so I can get the new Inspires.
I've always loved Sauconys.

I'll have to try a pair of those Mizunos that you have.

I just came back from running an hour. Honestly, sometimes I feel I can't run for more than 5 minutes and sometimes I could go forever.
That's just like me. Fucking body.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I just came back from running an hour. Honestly, sometimes I feel I can't run for more than 5 minutes and sometimes I could go forever.
I've always loved Sauconys.

I'll have to try a pair of those Mizunos that you have.

That's just like me. Fucking body.
You just have to run more frequently and with discipline.

I do my best to run at least three times per week, covering one long distance, one fast short session and of course the most important is an HIIT, either speed variation or uphill or a combination of both.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Since I have exams I don't train like usual, still I noticed big increase in strenght now I'm squatting 100kg's while my limit is probably around 120 (my goal is 130, it will mean I can squat 1.5 my weight), also I improved my benchpress, now I'm pushing 110kg's and I'm not sure about my maximum, but it's probably around 130kg's

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
i started "running" for the first time in my life (ie not on the soccer field) in january, got fucking lazy though in march, need to get back in decent shape. i assume none of you run miles? all kilometers?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Well if you're not an avid runner I suggest to begin with 10 miles a week (5 day week).

Do this for two weeks. On the second weekend run 4 miles.

If this sucks terribly stick with 10 for another two weeks, otherwise step up to 15 to 20 miles a week.
Stagger it however you like, everyone has different time schedules.

If you can I suggest you do the long run of the week on either Sunday or Monday.

Then we can see where you are in a month. You just have to remember that whatever results you're looking for are going to take time.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yo someone invented these things called push ups. Depending on where your arms are when you do them you can work out a different part of your body. Just lay down on your belly and push yourself up from the floor.:D

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
Well if you're not an avid runner I suggest to begin with 10 miles a week (5 day week).

Do this for two weeks. On the second weekend run 4 miles.

If this sucks terribly stick with 10 for another two weeks, otherwise step up to 15 to 20 miles a week.
Stagger it however you like, everyone has different time schedules.

If you can I suggest you do the long run of the week on either Sunday or Monday.

Then we can see where you are in a month. You just have to remember that whatever results you're looking for are going to take time.

thanks, but i was just asking what kind of running you do ;) I do appreciate the advice though. Originally was doing 2 mile runs, but now I usually do slower 4 or 6 mile runs. I was going 3 or 4 times a week, but haven't had time because of finals, and i've been lazy as ibrahimovic

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
When I run, I tend to run minutes rather than distance. I run 20 minutes at a challenging pace most days (except for the last bit). On long days I'll run 50 minutes to 2 hours. So that's why I didn't give you my work out.

Once you can do 2 miles fairly easily you can start running time.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
got it.
I was doing 5:27 mile with stretching in between, usually total of 3, 3 or 4 times a week, but recently i've been doing longer distances, say 6 miles in 45 minutes or so. but I'm not doing it nearly enough yet, keep hurting myself playing football.

and 2 hour run-that's insane

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
got it.
I was doing 5:27 mile with stretching in between, usually total of 3, 3 or 4 times a week, but recently i've been doing longer distances, say 6 miles in 45 minutes or so. but I'm not doing it nearly enough yet, keep hurting myself playing football.

and 2 hour run-that's insane
That's probably a an eight minute pace or more. It's great after the weekend to loosen everything up.

I run time rather than miles because I'm not really sure of the place I run these days. I don't have a regular course so I have to adjust.

So I run in a direction for 15 or 20 minutes then turn around and run home.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)