Gym and fitness (6 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Na lad Belfast. I moved up here from Armagh to go to college and took a leese out on a house but dropped out and still have to pay rent so ive decided to get a job and keep living here plus the craics unreal up here with all the students partying every night :D.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Na lad Belfast. I moved up here from Armagh to go to college and took a leese out on a house but dropped out and still have to pay rent so ive decided to get a job and keep living here plus the craics unreal up here with all the students partying every night :D.
Hopefully you wont be stuck negotiating with the gym owners for 2 weeks about shit nobody even cares about.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
A massive training session for me today.

5x 1km intervals with 250 m recovery in between. Started by warming up 2 km in 12 minutes and ended it by a 1 km jog that took 5 and a half minutes.

But even then I wasn't satisfied as I ran two more kilometers to find an uphill where I did 5x 70 meters up and ended the day with a 1 km run.

I should do such a session at least once per week from now on.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
A massive training session for me today.

5x 1km intervals with 250 m recovery in between. Started by warming up 2 km in 12 minutes and ended it by a 1 km jog that took 5 and a half minutes.

But even then I wasn't satisfied as I ran two more kilometers to find an uphill where I did 5x 70 meters up and ended the day with a 1 km run.

I should do such a session at least once per week from now on.
good stuff Jack :beer: :beer:

when you say that you were running intervals, were you actually running the entire kilometer at 100 % ??

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Question: Would protein shakes (the low-calorie ones) help promote lean muscle mass or would they make me bulkier?

If it's the former, how often should I drink, and how long would it take until I'd start to see results?

Thanks. :D

Oh, and what do you guys add to your shakes to make them taste better, or to make them for breakfast and stuff?

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Question: Would protein shakes (the low-calorie ones) help promote lean muscle mass or would they make me bulkier?

If it's the former, how often should I drink, and how long would it take until I'd start to see results?

Thanks. :D

Oh, and what do you guys add to your shakes to make them taste better, or to make them for breakfast and stuff?
I'm pretty sure protein is protein. It depends not on the supplement but the exercise, high rep, good form low weight and of course Pilates:juventus: are perfect for toning but not going all juicehead bodytype. However, there is no point in taking it if you don't want to 'bulk' just eat more steak or something.

I use two scoops of low fat Frozen youghurt, 500ml of fat free milk and two scoops of chocolate whey powder to make an awesome shake.:tup:

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
I'm pretty sure protein is protein. It depends not on the supplement but the exercise, high rep, good form low weight and of course Pilates:juventus: are perfect for toning but not going all juicehead bodytype. However, there is no point in taking it if you don't want to 'bulk' just eat more steak or something.

I use two scoops of low fat Frozen youghurt, 500ml of fat free milk and two scoops of chocolate whey powder to make an awesome shake.:tup:
Alright, cool. :)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
good stuff Jack :beer: :beer:

when you say that you were running intervals, were you actually running the entire kilometer at 100 % ??
I was running at 85% of my maximum pulse the entire kilometer.

I peak always uphill, I don't think I ever ran more than 90% of my max pulse on a plain.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I was running at 85% of my maximum pulse the entire kilometer.

I peak always uphill, I don't think I ever ran more than 90% of my max pulse on a plain.
great work, Jack :tup:

Started BJJ a few months ago, and the randori (sparring) is hands down the most exhausting activity I have ever done.
yeah, BJJ and boxing are both hands down the toughest workouts out there

I just dont have as much fun rolling around the mat with a guy as I do connecting combos on their head :p

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Guys, I have Vincent Del Monte's books on my PC. It's this

http://www.musclebuildingprogramratings.com/?gclid=CPf9sv3rg6ACFQw9Zgod4ViNsA

there's one for girls as well, some for food (mean plans, over 100 pages), bodybuilding etc.

They all say it's great, I got it today so I didn't really drop an eye on it yet.

If somebody is interested leave me your e-mail by PM, not here, so I'll send it when I find some time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)