Gym and fitness (29 Viewers)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Dule you've become guru in this thread :D

However it's not recommended to have heay meal before work-out. You can eat something like banana or twix/mars like Dule said, something that will give you a little bit of energy and that you don't feel hungry. After your work-out it's best to eat and try to avoid milk.

About creatine talk and deflation, creatine it's not product that will pump your muscles that much, cratine it's mainly for energy, maximum you can gain by using regular creatine it's up to 3kg I think, however it depends from person to person. ANd if you keep training like you trained while you've been taking cratine you won't see the difference, however your perfomance might drop.

You will get "deflated" if you tottally stop working-out which tottally normal thing, however total deflation it's not normal, it means that all muscles you've got you got only thanks to the supplements you took.

@Lucky Luke: I don't know your metabolism, how much and most important what are you eat. Try to eat food with more protein and carbs and avoid sugars cuz you don't want to build you belly :D Try what some raw eags like some member here said. I used to make a shake with 2-3 eggs (only whites, and I'm not racist :D) 2 bananas, 1-2 coffe spoons of honey, milk and some raisins. However it would be best for you take some Protein supplement or Gainer, that should help if you eat properly besides that.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I've finally started to train again, I'm taking it slowly while I get bact to my previous form. Plus I'm trying to buy BSN Cell Mass, NO-Xplode and Nitrix and than I will try to add Optimum's Pro Complex Gainer or Serious Mass.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
@Lucky Luke: I don't know your metabolism, how much and most important what are you eat. Try to eat food with more protein and carbs and avoid sugars cuz you don't want to build you belly :D Try what some raw eags like some member here said. I used to make a shake with 2-3 eggs (only whites, and I'm not racist :D) 2 bananas, 1-2 coffe spoons of honey, milk and some raisins. However it would be best for you take some Protein supplement or Gainer, that should help if you eat properly besides that.
well as my parents say,i ve got a good metabolism that helps me not to become fat and even if eat SOOO much i wont gain weight...what im eating....:p ....now that i study and leave alone(i dont know how to cook...but i ll try it in the near future) i mostly eat junk food mc donalds etc etc and the only think i can make is TOST.
i am thinking about going to a gym and tell them:im skinny,i dont want muscles....i need to gain some weight asap.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
well as my parents say,i ve got a good metabolism that helps me not to become fat and even if eat SOOO much i wont gain weight...what im eating....:p ....now that i study and leave alone(i dont know how to cook...but i ll try it in the near future) i mostly eat junk food mc donalds etc etc and the only think i can make is TOST.
i am thinking about going to a gym and tell them:im skinny,i dont want muscles....i need to gain some weight asap.
Actually that is probably best idea, if you can than consult trainer in the gym if you can, or some expirienced bodybuilder, ask for advice and ask him to make you a training plan. Than stick to the plan and wait for the results, if they come than you're good, if they don't we gonna think something :)

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
Actually that is probably best idea, if you can than consult trainer in the gym if you can, or some expirienced bodybuilder, ask for advice and ask him to make you a training plan. Than stick to the plan and wait for the results, if they come than you're good, if they don't we gonna think something :)
:heart:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I generally eat after, for recovery. I read somewhere that if you eat within 45 minutes after your workout it really helps your body.
You should eat both before and after. Not too heavy before, but still enough to keep you going.

Душан;1886478 said:
You shoud not eat before going to the gym since you'd burn all calories you had.You should eat just one mars or twix before and eat at least 30mins after you finish with it.
Which is exactly why you should. A mars or twix bar is hardly the best option either. It's sugar, yes, but not the kind that is most needed when doing sports. If you don't eat enough of quality food before going to the gym, your performance will drop. You don't see football players performing while being hungry either, now do you?

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
lol at dusan, twix or mars bar!!!??? you want something like oats or wholemeal bread/pasta/rice!!! that will give slow release of energy, you dont want a quick sugar spike that will go quickly

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Which is exactly why you should. A mars or twix bar is hardly the best option either. It's sugar, yes, but not the kind that is most needed when doing sports. If you don't eat enough of quality food before going to the gym, your performance will drop. You don't see football players performing while being hungry either, now do you?
He said he wants to gain weight.All he eats before*(1 hour) the works outs he'd lose it.I didn't mean he should not eat all day and wait till evening lol.Of course he needs quality food and he should at at least 4 time a day but I don't think he should eat right before going to the gym.Protien shake is good one hour before going to the gym as well.After weight training you should get a good protein source into your system to aid the muscles.

lol at dusan, twix or mars bar!!!??? you want something like oats or wholemeal bread/pasta/rice!!! that will give slow release of energy, you dont want a quick sugar spike that will go quickly
I know people should avoid using sugar but it's what many people do and recommend.Twix has 200 calories which you burn it after 20 minutes of running so no need to panic.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
And you certainly don't deflate like that. Furthermore if you deflate at all, you might want to ask yourself what you were doing wrong to look like a balloon in the first place.
Well, creatine causes water retention in the muscles and that's what causes a "balloon like affect". There is reason behind its retention of water how ever, which allows your muscles to recover quicker. But like i said you stop taking creatine, less water retention in your muscles and you won't look as big as you thought.
Душан;1886916 said:
I know people should avoid using sugar but it's what many people do and recommend.Twix has 200 calories which you burn it after 20 minutes of running so no need to panic.
Yeah but if its fat that you want to lose then its important you stay away from sugars as a source of energy. If you just wish to stay the same, and get away with eating fats and sugars then yes just burn it off and you will stay as is. I look for tone and i eat the right things at the right times.

Morning - High fiber (this sets your system up for the day)

Pre Lunch - (Smaller) carbohydrate

Lunch - (bigger) carbohydrate

Then i hit the gym for 2 hours.. straight after i have my protein shake (the reason you should take protein powder rather than a steak for instance is because all the blood in you body is working on your muscles. To digest solid food your digestive system needs too much blood and that takes away attention from your muscles therefore you need a source of protein that your system will find easier to digest and your muscles will benefit from that)

Dinner - Low carb High protein...chicken, steak, tuna etc.

Supper (after 9pm) - I have a little bit of fruit and a little bit of cheese. STRICTLY LOW LOW CARB!

Its only logical to allocate what to eat when. Think about what your body is doing, or about to do, and give it what it needs to do it.

Jul 15, 2006
Aiight, so anth_nenna. I have football practice tommorow, and I've developed into a 'routine' of eating 2 bananas, and downing a Gatorade 5 minutes before it starts, as well as drinking water inbetween. Will this set me for optimum energy to play?

Sir Psycho Sexy

I AM CANDREVA (kholsit!)
Sep 19, 2008
the only energy you need is your spirit to play ... all that drinking between and after and bla bla is pointless especially gatorade ... i play 2 hours of soccer everytime i play and i last all the time with optimum energy ... so go out there and believe!!!

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Душан;1886916 said:
true, it's just i don't think it's the best thing to eat, the energy you get will not last very long, compared to a low gi source which provides energy for longer

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
i'm curious as to what you guys prefer, when doing bench press, do you do the elbows out or in technique or have them somewhere in between, or vary it?

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Душан;1887380 said:
Fair enough.
i have used chocolate bars before but the best ones i found were snickers (peanuts have protein and the bar itself has good energy) and boost bars (high glucose energy)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
i'm curious as to what you guys prefer, when doing bench press, do you do the elbows out or in technique or have them somewhere in between, or vary it?
I'm not going to the gym actually. :p I'm doing it home.

i have used chocolate bars before but the best ones i found were snickers (peanuts have protein and the bar itself has good energy) and boost bars (high glucose energy)
I think it goes in the same category considering energy boost(Mars,twix and snickers) and those peanuts can't help that much.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
if your going to be eating a bar full of sugar then you might as well eat a protein bar that is high in protein, gives you energy, and is low in saturated fat and no transfats.

Or use Creatine instead

Or eat Carbohydrates 3-4 hours before you workout.

edit: and if there is no way you will use those, but still think that you have to get sugar in your blood, then you might as well buy a large container of honey. It has natural sugar, low calories and no fats, and has health benefits. It will also cost you less.

or have a caffeine drink

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I used to be addicted to Power Bar shots in the summer. Those are great for the middle of a long ride or run. Or when you have nothing left.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)