Gym and fitness (16 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
it's near ur chest, lats and above the obliques, i've heard of people getting injuries there, but not working them out, to see them you just need a very ripped body with a low body fat percentage, i'll try and ask someone with more knowledge than me, read this article, may help

Eating right, doing cardiovascular workouts, and weight training will put you on the road to success in losing bodyfat and getting into better shape. However, when you lose the desired amount of fat from your body you'll want a smaller, tighter midsection to enhance your body's appearance. To do this you'll want to regularly train your abdominal and oblique muscles

The midsection is made up of different muscles you'll want to train to improve your body's shape. These muscles are the upper abs, the lower abs, the obliques, and the intercostals. The upper and lower abs are simply the top and bottom muscles of the abdominals. The obliques are the muscles on the sides of your midsection that are covered up if you have love handles. The intercostal muscles are above the obliques and in front of the lats. They are only visible if you're extremely ripped and have a finger-like appearance.

The upper abdominals are relatively easy to work by doing regular, machine, ball, or cable crunches. Sit-ups are great for the upper abs as well, although you may be working the hip flexors more than the abs. Doing sit-ups on a declined bench will really work your upper abs and the rest of your midsection, especially if you twist your body on the way up.

The lower abdominal muscles will certainly get some work from your upper ab training, but you'll still want to do some exercises to focus on them more directly. Leg raises, whether you're lying on a bench or doing them upright will do wonders for your lower abs. If you do leg raises upright, try to do them on something with back support so you don't swing your body back and forth too much.

The oblique muscles can be trained by doing side bends with or without weight. You can do side bends standing upright or on a machine that allows you to lie sideways at an angle for a fuller range of motion. You can also lie sideways on a crunch machine to hit the obliques hard.

Since the intercostals are very small and rarely visible you don't have to do exercises specifically for them. Twisting your body during your ab exercises should be enough.
diet is the key

take the yoke out first remember... so much cholesterol in the yoke and not much protein. Its all in the white of it. I put 2 egg whites in my protein shake after my workout. Then eat chicken, steak, or tuna for dinner. Then before i go to bed i have cheese or milk because casein protein suits the recovery process while you sleep.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyWPJl5zcnc
thats bullshit...the yolk has all your amino acids (which the whites alone dont), and your cholesterol levels will be fine if you are eating 3-5 whole eggs per day (I usually eat 7 whites with 5 yolks)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
it's a shame that, because for me, i find the diet part the hardest, yet it's so important, which is why you get footballers or boxers who sometimes don't look as they should, sure they do crazy training, but their diet's not good

Nejc

May 13, 2006
I just started using proteins, in fact I just bought it, and I am not sure when to use them..Im really skinny and my doctor adviced me to take only one measure of proteins per day...what do you think is the best time to take it,in the morning, after the workout or before going to sleep?
thanks

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Wait,

on the days when you workout you take one after you finish and one late at night.

when you aren't working out you take one early in the morning and one late at night.

I think it goes like that.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
I just started using proteins, in fact I just bought it, and I am not sure when to use them..Im really skinny and my doctor adviced me to take only one measure of proteins per day...what do you think is the best time to take it,in the morning, after the workout or before going to sleep?
thanks
theyre just supplements, do not think that means you don't need to have a good diet now, still eat lots of high protein foods, the best time to have the protein is right after your workout if your just taking one

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yes..that's a very important thing.People should not just replace their meal with proteins.This is something extra so you must eat a lot of high protein food to notice effects of it.

Take one 15 minutes after workouts and eat 30 mins after you drink it.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
thanks
depends on the caloric value of the portion, it also depends on your goals. if it's a meal replacement then i dont think it matters when you take it as it would be one or tow of your 5 daily meals.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Yes..that's a very important thing.People should not just replace their meal with proteins.This is something extra so you must eat a lot of high protein food to notice effects of it.

Take one 15 minutes after workouts and eat 30 mins after you drink it.
that's what i thought when i was 16, protein shakes are a miracle, just have one a day and you will magically get muscles...........................:disagree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)