Gym and fitness (16 Viewers)

Jan 7, 2004
fruit is great. i am become hooked on diet pop however, which is bad.

at the gym, either 20 minutes on the treadmill or 30 on the eliptical machine. using the latter, i can really sweat so i would reccomend it, but make sure you aren't taking it easy.

weights after cardio, 1 day back and shoulders, 1 day chest, 1 day arms, 1 day legs (dont overdo the legs or you will not be able to walk) and do abs as often as possible.

and yes the combination of gym and the diet plus a shawarma here and there is what did it. or yeah and i also walk home from the gym ~1.5 hours because i take my sweet ass time

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 7, 2004
Thanks for the detail! I'll have to go out and buy some of this stuff.

So do you run or go to the gym at all? I've decided to wait until I hit the gym again. In the past I've worked my butt off in the gym but I get disheartened so fast if I don't see results, so I want to get rid of the excess fat before I go back.

edit: You lost 10-15lbs in one month with this diet?

by the way, let me know if you get the brown spots on your arms :shifty:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Anyone tried colonics. Shoving a garden hose up my ass just seems so much easier than this diet shit.:D

On the real, its important to eat. I didn't really eat much a couple weeks ago and felt like crap until a few days ago, I was working a lot and doing a lot of work on my parent's house and was at about 600-900 calories a day. The free days help especially if you leave your beer and soda consumption for those days. I don't take them completely off though as I find working out gives me quite the appetite.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
High protein diets have been proven to be fairly rough on the human body though. Sure, you might gain a lot of muscle, but I would advise everyone not to exaggerate. I fully agree about the fruit though. Fortunately enough I love fruit so it's not much of a task for me. I also am not a big fan of sweets and I'm not really fond of Coca Cola. Which is why pretty much all my days are what you would call free days.
yeah i am not in for all this atkins shit or anything but stressing the importance of eaten a protein with most meals,which leaves you full, lots of greens and whole grains all of which leave you fuller longer and makes the body work harder to break them down.
personally i am a sucker for jelly sweets and :choc: but NEVER have them in the house or i would eat the lot,especially if i am munchied:spliff: , but i do stress that free days help to keep you sane.

as for fruit, i am the same, i could eat tons of fruit every day and not so bad with my greens especialy spinach.

try this for a post workout snack-
wholegrain bagel,spinach,tomatoes,mozzarella,chicken breast and a little boiled egg...tasty

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
as hamid says,mix up your weights and your cardio but remember that rest is part of the process as well
eat lots of meat +fish,remember that not all fats are bad for you. cut down on carbs unless they are whole-grain high-fibre carbs. snack on fruit or keep a bag of mixed nuts and dried fruit handy,if you really have to have carbs then try to eat them early and work them off.
but the best bit of info i can give you is to ensure that you have one day where you just don't give a fuck, eat what you want, drink what you want and chill out. this "free day" will save you caving in towards the end as you are not completely depriving yourself the things you love
Right on! you definitely need at least a day a week to PIG OUT. But i have to differ on some of the dried fruit and nuts. As tasty as they are you shouldn't go overboard. Figs,dates,apricots all contain high sugar/calories also nuts provide great nutrition but overdoing it can bring you under. Especially if you are on the heavy side and have a sweet tooth.

The main point is Balance.... If you can balance everything Food,Exercise and sleep, you will be on your way to a healthy way of living and will see long term results.

High protein diets have been proven to be fairly rough on the human body though. Sure, you might gain a lot of muscle, but I would advise everyone not to exaggerate. I fully agree about the fruit though. Fortunately enough I love fruit so it's not much of a task for me. I also am not a big fan of sweets and I'm not really fond of Coca Cola. Which is why pretty much all my days are what you would call free days.

Your one of the lucky ones seven :D....I agree with you on the High protein diets, Focusing just on proteins can actually be harmful. I remember eating just chicken,meat,tuna and protein shakes for a month. I lost a shitload of weight and got real cut, but i ended up getting really fatigued and eventually got sick of the redundancy as well as sick physically. So ya mix it up and keep it balanced.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
You guys are forgetting water.. you must water your self all the time.. don't wait to feel thirsty before you get a drink of water..

Water is an essential element of muscle..

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
@hamid-personally i am not too fond of dried fruit but was using it as an example of a more nutritious snacking option than candy-bars. funny thing is i abhor dried fruit as it always ends up far too sweet but would scoff fresh figs, apricots,peaches, nectarines,etc all damned day

but like everybody here says, it's all about balance, oh and also not letting a piss-poor excuse like it is raining stop you running...what are you a girl?:tongue:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Just found out I'm down to my target weight of 200lbs today. I'm setting a new goal of 190lbs with a month to get there. Any suggestions for losing that gut other than running and traditional ab work (I do that workout you suggested Vin and my pants fit;)). Oh and the water works. I probably drink 2 gallons a day I can tell the difference as I don't get headaches after I run and recovery is so much faster.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Just found out I'm down to my target weight of 200lbs today. I'm setting a new goal of 190lbs with a month to get there. Any suggestions for losing that gut other than running and traditional ab work (I do that workout you suggested Vin and my pants fit;)). Oh and the water works. I probably drink 2 gallons a day I can tell the difference as I don't get headaches after I run and recovery is so much faster.
No matter what fitness gurus say, interval training always works if you want to lose weight.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
you mind if i ask what the initial weight was?
It's down from 209, but weight loss has been a process for me. Last summer I was at around 225, which is huge for me, the biggest I've ever been. So I trained really hard for firefighting and when I came back from Montana I was at around 215-17. Then I came home and kept training as I wasn't working or doing school for about three weeks and dropped to 209. Which I had maintained until about three weeks ago when I decided I didn't like the way I looked and that I'd be much happier at 185 or 190. I wanted to get under 200 also so I could smoke jump this summer, but an ankle injury in Febuary kept me out of training for a month. So it basically took me three weeks to shed 9 pounds.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
No matter what fitness gurus say, interval training always works if you want to lose weight.
I've always been a huge fan of interval training. Right now its been difficult for me to get into good shape because of my work schedule, so I've been cutting calorie intake to match my exercise. After this week I'll have more free time to hit the track or even better, a rowing machine.

Jan 7, 2004
It's down from 209, but weight loss has been a process for me. Last summer I was at around 225, which is huge for me, the biggest I've ever been. So I trained really hard for firefighting and when I came back from Montana I was at around 215-17. Then I came home and kept training as I wasn't working or doing school for about three weeks and dropped to 209. Which I had maintained until about three weeks ago when I decided I didn't like the way I looked and that I'd be much happier at 185 or 190. I wanted to get under 200 also so I could smoke jump this summer, but an ankle injury in Febuary kept me out of training for a month. So it basically took me three weeks to shed 9 pounds.

that's what's bothering me, going back to school in september and having 1/5 of the time i have now to dedicate to gym/eating

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
that's what's bothering me, going back to school in september and having 1/5 of the time i have now to dedicate to gym/eating
Basically you have to try and maintain a strict eating schedule. Like you do now. Try and walk everywhere and exercise whenever you can and you can maintain the weight you've lost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)