Gym and fitness (85 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I already did the 10km twice, both under 1 hour and both were training sessions.

I think I will register for a 10km race on New Year's Eve :D. It's amazing how much more one is motivated during a race than when training alone.
Dude even I will be completely smashed on New Years eve. Enjoy yourself you goose.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
icεmαή;2199857 said:
I'm 172, and 73 kgs, planning to bring it down to 67 kgs or so...
Like planned, I started going to the gym again today. I was surprised to find that I weigh 71 kgs. I lost 2 kgs just by making an effort to get to the gym :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Every time I run during colder weather, as in between 5 to 15 degrees C, it feels like I don't get enough of a workout while running. I'm still tired afterwards, but I don't get that sweat loss that I like. Is it still possible to cut a lot of excess body fat when running in colder weather? In what temps do you get the better workout? Any good way to deal with this apart from wearing more clothes?

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Every time I run during colder weather, as in between 5 to 15 degrees C, it feels like I don't get enough of a workout while running. I'm still tired afterwards, but I don't get that sweat loss that I like. Is it still possible to cut a lot of excess body fat when running in colder weather? In what temps do you get the better workout? Any good way to deal with this apart from wearing more clothes?
I always find that i can go much longer in colder weather.Try doing 1min sprints in between your run & have a constant drink of water.If you really wanna feel like you're doing something,try running uphill with ankle weights & dumbells in both hands.:D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I always find that i can go much longer in colder weather.Try doing 1min sprints in between your run & have a constant drink of water.If you really wanna feel like you're doing something,try running uphill with ankle weights & dumbells in both hands.:D
I do basically cross country around this area, lots of hills. And I also can go for longer in colder weather but still don't get that calorie-burning feeling.

Just might have to start wearing long underwear again. :D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Run longer distances and wear a cap.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You are burning the same amount but it just doesn't feel the same. Trust me on that. What I recommend is to get yourself a clock with a pulse meter, Garmin Forerunner series are the best, Polar's range are also good so are Suunto.

You will notice that you burn the same about of calories but sweat less when it is colder.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
You are burning the same amount but it just doesn't feel the same. Trust me on that. What I recommend is to get yourself a clock with a pulse meter, Garmin Forerunner series are the best, Polar's range are also good so are Suunto.

You will notice that you burn the same about of calories but sweat less when it is colder.
Spot on. How much you sweat is not an indicator of whether you're getting a proper workout or not, its all about getting your heart rate up for a prolonged period of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)