Gym and fitness (167 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well of course. Autumn outdoor training is the best. Get yourself a set of warm tights and a fleece and you're all set to run all year round. That's what I did.
I just went for a run on one of the coldest days since last winter here, and I actually ran the furthest I have in quite a long time, non-stop. 4 miles in about 27 minutes. I probably could have ran another half mile, too. So that's pretty good.

As I recall though, when the temp is around freezing, it does make it harder to breathe.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I just went for a run on one of the coldest days since last winter here, and I actually ran the furthest I have in quite a long time, non-stop. 4 miles in about 27 minutes. I probably could have ran another half mile, too. So that's pretty good.

As I recall though, when the temp is around freezing, it does make it harder to breathe.
Hehe, yes it gets harder to breathe because the cold weather is unpleasant on the lungs but there is a solution for that, cover your mouth with a high collar or some other cloth that won't fall off and you're done.

I think you are right about being able to run more in cooler conditions only because one gets to sweat less and thus has more liquid in his body.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Hehe, yes it gets harder to breathe because the cold weather is unpleasant on the lungs but there is a solution for that, cover your mouth with a high collar or some other cloth that won't fall off and you're done.

I think you are right about being able to run more in cooler conditions only because one gets to sweat less and thus has more liquid in his body.
That's what I'll have to do pretty soon here. It's already getting close to 0C at night.

Went for another 20 minute run later on today, too. Almost an hour of running including warmup jog. Aiight. Lets see how long I can keep this up.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I have started weight training again. Is it more effective to train one body part a day or to mix them up? Also is working out abs everyday going to help (currently I plan to do about 15 mins every alternate day)

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
icεmαή;2216177 said:
I have started weight training again. Is it more effective to train one body part a day or to mix them up? Also is working out abs everyday going to help (currently I plan to do about 15 mins every alternate day)
I reckon mixing it up is more difficult, but leads to better results. The whole 'keep the body guessing' thing is true AFAIK.

Well do abs 15 mins every other will be pretty marginal to be fair, I'd recommed incorporating your abss with some pilates to give you the old six pack with a nice pelvic floor :eyebrows: and you transvers (side) built in.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
icεmαή;2216177 said:
Divide them into muscle groups.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I train for one hour and considering I'm not going to the gym I try to most of the muscles every day. So I go something like this

Sit ups:
4 sets of 25 reps (normal)
4 sets of 10 (obliques)
3 sets of 15 workouts with legs for lower abs
-II-

Push ups with legs on bed or whatever - like 5 sets of 20 (changing types)

Then I use weights (10kg usually) and do biceps (concentration and hammer curls) 3 sets of 15 so after that I do shoulders or triceps.

I try to rest 1 min max (I do 45 seconds most of the time) between each set.

Kinda hard but I don't really pay attention to food so it helps me more to burn that, so far so good.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Just a heads up, everybdoys calorie maintenance level is different, you should talk to a personal trianer/pyhsio to guage yours, or you can do it yourself.

Also the Calorie Surplus thing is actually a load of shite, if you were to use resistence training you will lose weight and build muscle.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Just a heads up, everybdoys calorie maintenance level is different, you should talk to a personal trianer/pyhsio to guage yours, or you can do it yourself.

Also the Calorie Surplus thing is actually a load of shite, if you were to use resistence training you will lose weight and build muscle.
Yeah, well some swear by it, some don't. Nothing is written in stone, especially in body building.

I just gave him the link for a quality weight training program.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Yeah, well some swear by it, some don't. Nothing is written in stone, especially in body building.

I just gave him the link for a quality weight training program.
TBH, lift weights in the right areas always yeilds results, sometimes people over-complicate it, I was speaking from Personal Experience from Losing 10kg while increase muscle mass by 1.5 times what it was, which wasn't alot.

Anywhoo, I'm off to the gym, manifest destiney boys!

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Step1: put down the sausage
Step2: get a professional to give you a programme
Step3: Workout like a beast
Step 4: IZ
Step 5: Manifest Destiny
Ste6: Get annoited by the Gods
Step7: Dusan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 163)