Gym and fitness (21 Viewers)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Man, fok these L-carinitines n shit. Creatine, Omega's etc. are the most studied things and work for sure. Most of those other things are just placebo or let's say, very minival value for what you get in return. Cofein is also great, it will definitely work for what it is used.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I was doing ssb hinged squats to high box on friday. 3*8, so 24 reps total.

I was farting on every single rep of those, sometimes continuous

Such is the fun life of the 125kg strenght athlete, who eats 250+g of protein every day

- - - Updated - - -

you can get plenty strong and fit with alternatives. it's not worth the risk unless you are getting paid. Squats for life though.
There is a bigger chance of getting injured tendons from running, then any injury during deadlifts

At the beginning you arent strong enough to injure
Then there is a while with good overload you could have some overuse injuries, deadlift injuries are extremely rare
and then when you make advanced/elite level, your tissue is too resilient to injury it, instead youll simply burn out your CNS.

When a known strenght athlete has actually a serious deadlift issue, the world knows, because they are so very rare

Bigger chance to tear all your ACL off the bone, then a serious DL injury.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

There is a bigger chance of getting injured tendons from running, then any injury during deadlifts

At the beginning you arent strong enough to injure
Then there is a while with good overload you could have some overuse injuries, deadlift injuries are extremely rare
and then when you make advanced/elite level, your tissue is too resilient to injury it, instead youll simply burn out your CNS.

When a known strenght athlete has actually a serious deadlift issue, the world knows, because they are so very rare

Bigger chance to tear all your ACL off the bone, then a serious DL injury.
I do RDL once a week and sumo once. In all honesty, in a real life situation, you would be lifting similar to a trap bar anyway, you would never really lift weight in front of you awkwardly like a traditional deadlift or sumo

- - - Updated - - -

I was doing ssb hinged squats to high box on friday. 3*8, so 24 reps total.

I was farting on every single rep of those, sometimes continuous

Such is the fun life of the 125kg strenght athlete, who eats 250+g of protein every day

- - - Updated - - -
my farts smell funny when i eat Garlic before gym!

- - - Updated - - -

Man, fok these L-carinitines n shit. Creatine, Omega's etc. are the most studied things and work for sure. Most of those other things are just placebo or let's say, very minival value for what you get in return. Cofein is also great, it will definitely work for what it is used.
It only works if you been lifting for years I know I take it. It increases aggression for sure I guess due to the AR androgen receptor increase.

Last edited:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I do RDL once a week and sumo once. In all honesty, in a real life situation, you would be lifting similar to a trap bar anyway, you would never really lift weight in front of you awkwardly like a traditional deadlift or sumo

- - - Updated - - -

my farts smell funny when i eat Garlic before gym!

- - - Updated - - -

It only works if you been lifting for years I know I take it. It increases aggression for sure I guess due to the AR androgen receptor increase.

Deadlift

-> single best excercise to build raw strenght, core and muscular coordination

RDL

* Builds hams + quads and coordinates them in the specific movement pattern
* Builds the movement pattern and flexibility to improve the hinge of pulling movements
* improves quadricep stabilisation and controll
(snatch grip) * Increases upper back rigidity

-- Excercise is significantly limited by glute/ham strenght. As a result the actual usage of the spinal erectors is lower.

ergo : doesnt build raw power, but great accessory.

4ct tempo, snatch grip RDL's for volume is an excellent addition to any program

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Strictly speaking this is true. Running has a very high injury rate.

But the injuries people get by running are mostly overuse injuries that heal very quickly with adequate rest.

Unless you get hit by a car, running is not going to cripple you.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Strictly speaking this is true. Running has a very high injury rate.

But the injuries people get by running are mostly overuse injuries that heal very quickly with adequate rest.

Unless you get hit by a car, running is not going to cripple you.
True, majority of lifting injuries are also overuse. and idiots doing hilarious thing

- - - Updated - - -

Carnitine did nothing for me.
Why would it be legal if it worked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)