Gym and fitness (20 Viewers)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Well if you're trying to avoid short term solutions then avoid those supplements altogether.
But they are all quite good supplements to take. You just have to keep working hard for a long long time. People get real big in say a years time and then when they stop they wonder why it all went in the space of a month.
I usually tried to take only protein based supplements, so if I stop to train for a month (in some cases I had to) than if I eat properly I won't loose mass I gained. There are many supplements that will buff you in short time and than after you stop taking them you will feel loss. So I want something that even when I stop taking supplements with right meals I won't loose muscles I gained.

Last time I took protein shake and a gainer (both were really quality ones) and I didn't lost a pound I gained. This time I want something that will really push me. Nenna any suggestion?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Just had an argument with some idiot who claims that excess calorie intake and higher body fat percentage aids in muscle growth. I'm sick of this idea that fattening up is going to help you grow. Sure, a higher intake of carbs and therefore calories is needed for energy but excess calorie intake is just a waste of time unless you're in the mood for a whole lot of cardio down the track.

Do not ever purposely eat excess calories.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Just had an argument with some idiot who claims that excess calorie intake and higher body fat percentage aids in muscle growth. I'm sick of this idea that fattening up is going to help you grow. Sure, a higher intake of carbs and therefore calories is needed for energy but excess calorie intake is just a waste of time unless you're in the mood for a whole lot of cardio down the track.

I know, it's idiotic but it doesn't help when Lee Priest says it's alright

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005

That's great way to build up your belly, may I suggest mayo?

Many people aren't informed and don't know too much about nutrition, they think when they train they need to as much as possible no matter what, I had few friend who eats everything especially junk food. Indeed he gained weight and is bigger but now he also have fat on stomach.

I would rather be an average with some muscle dafinition and great abs, than huge guy who no abs at all. That's why when I was taking gainer I only took it after training.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I wanna start doing some cardio, I've decided on running early morning(30-45mins). How often should I do it? I hit the gym 3 times a week. I've gained around 5kg since I've joined the gym, around 3 months, and developed some decent amount of muscle. Now I wanna burn a little bit of fat. I'm 185cm, 85kg, if that matters.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Id suggest you start cardio on mondays & then every other day.You cant really get enough cardio imo but it really depends on what your long term goals are.Personally i wanna be ripped but not like those muscle freaks that cant even turn around because their arms are too big.

The easiest way to do cardio are steps,at my office i have a huge stair case & that works excellently for me but i put on ankle weights & run up with dumbells.Which area are you trying to cut down on anyway?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Id suggest you start cardio on mondays & then every other day.You cant really get enough cardio imo but it really depends on what your long term goals are.Personally i wanna be ripped but not like those muscle freaks that cant even turn around because their arms are too big.

The easiest way to do cardio are steps,at my office i have a huge stair case & that works excellently for me but i put on ankle weights & run up with dumbells.Which area are you trying to cut down on anyway?
Well my goal is basically the same as yours. Which area? Which area collects the easiest fat? The (beer) belly. :D

Not only that, I wanna get my condition up, so I can play a football match without gasping for air after the first 15 minutes. So you think every second day is good? Fab, I was afraid someone was gonna say every freaking day and I'm too lazy for that.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Ive started have a serious roughage breakfast lately & i can honestly tell you it works.My skin has cleared up & i have way more energy when i hit the gym.

Basically wheat sticks in boiled water,mixed with oats,almonds,pecan nuts,walnuts,sunflower seeds,sliced apple/banana & fat free joghurt topped with honey.

Make sure you have a lock for the bathroom door.:tup:
You know about three years back i was seriously ripped & i would have a veggie drink everyday.It would consist of:

3 carrots.
5 celery sticks.
1 cucumber.
1 beetroot.
1 tomato.
1 red pepper.
Spinach.

After doing this for about a month i saw serious results with my stomach,it burnt away the belly fat quite fast.
Lay off the carbs,fizzy drinks & products with way too much sugar.Drink atleast 10 glasses of water a day & if you really want effect results,make a veggie drink if you have a juice extracting machine.It works wonders for the belly fat.:tup:
I did cardio on tuesday,thursday & saturday & weights on the other days.All of it doesnt matter if you dont have a diet that doesnt suit your goals.

My diet would consist of:

Breakfast

Fat free joghurt with apples,bananas,cashews & almonds topped with honey.
Scrambled eggs (1 egg yolk & 5 egg whites) & brown toast.
Oats
Brown bread (the ones with whole grain seeds) toasted with either salmon spread or fish paste.

Brunch

Brown bread with peanut butter & honey.
Wholewheat crackers with mozzarella cheese & chicken cutlets.
Pasta shells with tuna or chicken/turkey strips.
Veggie snack(celery sticks,carrots & cucumber.
Green salad with tons of green veggies like celery,green beans,lettuce etc.

Lunch/Supper

Whole can tuna with green salad.
Grilled chicken breats with green salad.
Brown bread & turkey breast.
Grilled fish(my fav was hake or haddock) with grilled calamari & salad.
Pilchards,sardines & achovies(these are packed with omega 3 fatty acid-basically the good type of fat) cooked in a tiny bit of olive oil & tomatoes.Tuna,salmon, herring & mackerel are also packed with omega 3 fatty acids.They basically help unblock arteries & create a smooth flowing blood circulation.

So basically i would eat five times a day,three basic meals with two snack meals in between.If you make a fist,that is the exact food(that should be on a plate) serving you should have for your main meals.Also if you eat before going to gym give it atleast an hour & a half & having it afterwards atleast half an hour.Having a protein shake/bar basically amounts to a snack meal as well as the veggie drink.Once you start drinking protein shakes you have to be active in gym or else you'll develop nasty zits & that shit is nasty.Basically your doing what i wanted to achieve so get a protein shake with whey protein in it but do your homework first.

Drink lots of liquids,ten glasses of water & green tea(this is great as it increases your metabolism & purifies your system).You can have fruit juices but not in the evening as the sugar will settle & causes fat buildup.Only 100% fruit juice will do & stay away from any fizzy drinks.Whatever you do dont eat & then sleep thats a big no no as it has the same effect as juice scenario.Make sure you let your food digest for atleast 3 hour before hitting the sack.

If you stick with this diet & work out religiously you will see drastic results quite soon.I only followed this programme because i had bulk but a few extra pounds i wanted to shed.Also a fair warning your gonna be crabby for the first two weeks as you detox & your taste buds adjust to the shock.Protein shakes make you fart alot & the veggie drink will give you the runs.:D
Well my goal is basically the same as yours. Which area? Which area collects the easiest fat? The (beer) belly. :D

Not only that, I wanna get my condition up, so I can play a football match without gasping for air after the first 15 minutes. So you think every second day is good? Fab, I was afraid someone was gonna say every freaking day and I'm too lazy for that.
Yeah belly fat is a real bitch but the thighs & butt are also one of the most affected areas but of course it all boils down to your metabolism & genes.Try the suggestions above,i made a while back & you will see results.

I would do weight training starting on mondays but i was drained so ive changed it to start with cardio first & theres a big difference for me anyway.Also once you drastically change your diet you will feel more energetic & all round better.Just remember that your diet is a major part of your workout & getting atleast 8 hours sleep is imperative.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

No prob,V. Are you doing this for yourself or because some woman told you that she's not impressed with your current shape?:D
Actually for myself, but the ladies were added motivators after this summer. You know; "Oooh, V, did you get stronger, look at you....hm, hm. :eyebrows: "

:D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Actually for myself, but the ladies were added motivators after this summer. You know; "Oooh, V, did you get stronger, look at you....hm, hm. :eyebrows: "

"Vlatko can i play with your guns" So youre gonna hit the beach come summer?

As long as this is a long term goal.You dont wanna be one of those guys that build up & then quit once they look good.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Damn Byrone when I red you post about what to eat, first I though I need to eat all of that for one meal :D

Also Byrone can you recommend what supplements to take?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)