Gym and fitness (40 Viewers)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
So I'm stuck at a weight plateau, can't drop below 190 and I woiuld like to get to a nice 175-180. I do not eat white carbs, barely eat meat, I'm basically a pescatarian, do cardio of 30 minutes three times a week along with some weights. Cant shake these last twenty pounds. oh and i do not drink alcohol except for the occasional glass of wine at dinner. Almost exclusively water
Tried praying?

Buy on AliExpress.com

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
This. Raise your training intensity and eat a steak now and then so your body knows you are not starving. If your body thinks you're starving it won't burn fat, it will try to accumulate it.

I am 193cm 90kg, lost 10kg in 3 months by 5x60min cardio a week and restricting myself to 2000-2300kcal. The thing is...I was eating a ton of junkfood, like 2x500kcal burgers and 800kcal pizza on the same day sometimes. It worked for me.
I try and stay away from meat due to family history of high blood pressure and cholesterol. I don't completely abstain but red meat is basically once a month

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I try and stay away from meat due to family history of high blood pressure and cholesterol. I don't completely abstain but red meat is basically once a month
Red meat with 1-2% fat (chateaubriand, tournedos), baked in a minimalistic amount of olive oil or vegetal butter has no negative effects on the cardiovascular system or cholesterol.

Every bad side-effect related to red meat, comes from the fat in the meat, and the fat in wich its baked. Most use high fat red meat and bake in tons of butter. Wich is not healthy.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Red meat with 1-2% fat (chateaubriand, tournedos), baked in a minimalistic amount of olive oil or vegetal butter has no negative effects on the cardiovascular system or cholesterol.

Every bad side-effect related to red meat, comes from the fat in the meat, and the fat in wich its baked. Most use high fat red meat and bake in tons of butter. Wich is not healthy.
Thanks :) Had a delicious chateaubriand at my wedding, was so good

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Just have a big salmon fillet instead.

- - - Updated - - -

That's true if you are eating out, even here they often use butter to cook steaks on the griddle. Steaks I had in the US (Florida) had all kinds of buttery sauces and some weird syrup shit on them. At home I use a little olive oil and seasoning.

Aug 26, 2014
Well i got a question so here it goes: I'm around 170-75cm tall and weigh about 65-67 kilos and i recently started working out and i want to define my muscles any suggestions on a diet or what should i eat.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Well i got a question so here it goes: I'm around 170-75cm tall and weigh about 65-67 kilos and i recently started working out and i want to define my muscles any suggestions on a diet or what should i eat.
Up your protein, especially lean (chicken, turkey, tuna etc, you can throw in red meat and salmon etc now and again), I'd also add supplements, and don't overdo simple carbs. I think you'll need a degree of complex carbs to help, because it's a pretty hard workout required to put on enough size for definition when you're pretty slim.

Aug 26, 2014
Up your protein, especially lean (chicken, turkey, tuna etc, you can throw in red meat and salmon etc now and again), I'd also add supplements, and don't overdo simple carbs. I think you'll need a degree of complex carbs to help, because it's a pretty hard workout required to put on enough size for definition when you're pretty slim.
Tnx for the advice :D I was skinny when i started to work out and i run often so i got muscle mass and my goal is not to bulk up too much just so i define my muscles and was just wondering about the nutrition.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
If you want to bulk, cut the running out.

I used to do so much running every week and I wasn't gaining half as quick, I just do sprints now on the treadmill or at the track for 20 mins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)