Gym and fitness (32 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

So I'm stuck at a weight plateau, can't drop below 190 and I woiuld like to get to a nice 175-180. I do not eat white carbs, barely eat meat, I'm basically a pescatarian, do cardio of 30 minutes three times a week along with some weights. Cant shake these last twenty pounds. oh and i do not drink alcohol except for the occasional glass of wine at dinner. Almost exclusively water
Try upping to 5 days a week of training for a couple months just to see if you can bust through that plateau. You can always drop back to 3 again once things start moving.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Same here. But when i was bulking I gained too much fat for my liking. It's not inevitable but you have to be so precise with your calorie intake or bulk really slowly.
True, I'm kind of a slow bulker so I don't have much of a problem with weight :D.

I do have a slight hint of love-handles that I need to work on though.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008

I'd say most guys would want to look like this who hit the gym. Lean but amazing muscle definition aswell, which looks natural.

He doesn't long distance run, no. HIIT cardio is the best for people who want to bulk, you start running marathons, you'll burn too much.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Not running or jogging is disastrous.
Its good actually. What you are trying to say is that he should keep a good cardiovascular system going, and i agree.
Running is to catabolic and to aerobic to bulk on.

I strongly recommand increasing the trainingdensity in a bulk. Keep the breaks between sets very short, keep your heartrate going. 5 sets of x reps should start good and the 5th set should be difficult (same weight). U'll also use more % of musclecells like this.
For warming up tendons and getting the bloodflow going, warm up on a bike, or cycle to the gym. Afterwards, do a good cooldown or cycle back home.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I think I'm going to try front squatting, since my form otherwise isn't the greatest (I end up leaning forward too much, straining my back. I feel like I will fall backwards otherwise). Is there a significant difference between them in terms of how much weight you can do? Holding the bar looks like it'll take some getting used to.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think I'm going to try front squatting, since my form otherwise isn't the greatest (I end up leaning forward too much, straining my back. I feel like I will fall backwards otherwise). Is there a significant difference between them in terms of how much weight you can do? Holding the bar looks like it'll take some getting used to.
10% max, assuming you're already high bar squatting.

I front squat with the olympic grip, though it does require good wrist mobility. As I also Olympic lift, do handstands, planches, surf, etc. I think the wrist mobility is valuable to have. Others don't want or need it, and there is a different way to hold the bar in a front squat, with a cross-armed grip.

If you plan to go heavy, the olympic grip is much more ideal, and you are in far less danger of losing the bar due to elbows dropping. It's much better and much safer with big weights.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
10% max, assuming you're already high bar squatting.

I front squat with the olympic grip, though it does require good wrist mobility. As I also Olympic lift, do handstands, planches, surf, etc. I think the wrist mobility is valuable to have. Others don't want or need it, and there is a different way to hold the bar in a front squat, with a cross-armed grip.

If you plan to go heavy, the olympic grip is much more ideal, and you are in far less danger of losing the bar due to elbows dropping. It's much better and much safer with big weights.
This??

Jesus. How do you bend yours arms and hands that much? I think that's physically impossible for me.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It just takes some wrist conditioning. Quite a bit for some people, less for others. The wrist extension really isn't any different than a handstand. Heavyweight lifters catch in a similar position, slightly less bend of the arms due to bigger biceps and forearms. That photo is a rather extreme version. The trick is to keep the elbows up. I don't require quite the degree of insane mobility in those joints that he has and I'm a pretty slim guy.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It just takes some wrist conditioning. Quite a bit for some people, less for others. The wrist extension really isn't any different than a handstand. Heavyweight lifters catch in a similar position, slightly less bend of the arms due to bigger biceps and forearms. That photo is a rather extreme version. The trick is to keep the elbows up. I don't require quite the degree of insane mobility in those joints that he has and I'm a pretty slim guy.
I'm doing my frontsquats the crossed style. I got the wrist mobility but its seriously taxing. As a weightlifter you have no choise cause of the Jerk. Everyone else shouldnt do it imo. Frontsquats are the single most underestimated and underused excecise, such a glorious quadbuilder

Ilya Ilyin is at my uni tomorrow for the British University Weightlifting Championships, I kept offering to come in but they wouldn't let me :(
Id be fucking mad if i he came to my town and i couldnt be there

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Ilyin is only 26. Has a very good chance to match Naim Suleymanoglu, Halil Mutlu, and Pyrros Dimas with a 3rd Olympic gold in 2016. Long ways off Suleymanoglu's 7 World Championship gold medals though. And Sulyemanoglu probably would have won 4 olympic golds if not for the Eastern bloc boycott in 1984.

Still, Ilyin with a chance for a 3rd straight gold, makes the 2016 olympics very exciting in weightlifting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I can't recall an O-lifter winning an olympic gold at 30+ in recent memory. I think he'd actually be 33 by the time 2020 olympics roll around, as he turns 27 in May. I think Mutlu may have won his last at 30, back in 04, but he would be the oldest, and down at the 56kg weight class. No 30+ year old has won an Olympic gold in weightlifting in the last 20+ years aside from him.

Loss of speed and explosiveness is too great, post-30.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Exactly

Altho Klokov his recent numbers were surprisingly good, and he's 33.

But he's done. He's going bodybuilding now. And mark my words, if IPF can get powerlifting into the olympics, he'll do that aswel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)