Gym and fitness (210 Viewers)

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
So like 2 twinkies is okay as long as I don't exceed my caloric needs? :confused:
Yes. Losing weight (burning fat) is simple math. Burn more calories than your eat/drink/whatever (24 hours is a good frame) and you'll lose weight.

To retain strength and muscle mass while losing weight, you'll need be high in protein.

I could eat 6 snickers a day and drink me some whey and I would lose weight (2300 calories). My maintenance is around 2700.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Yes. Losing weight (burning fat) is simple math. Burn more calories than your eat/drink/whatever (24 hours is a good frame) and you'll lose weight.

To retain strength and muscle mass while losing weight, you'll need be high in protein.

I could eat 6 snickers a day and drink me some whey and I would lose weight (2300 calories). My maintenance is around 2700.
Yeah, I know. Not to be difficult but that's why I said losing fat and not weight... I want to lose as little muscle as possible. And I know carbs are usually an important part of post workout nutrition

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Yeah, I know. Not to be difficult but that's why I said losing fat and not weight... I want to lose as little muscle as possible. And I know carbs are usually an important part of post workout nutrition
Don't lose weight too fast (1 lbs a week), stay high in protein (150-200 grams a day), do some cardio, get 1 gram of fat pr kg of bodyweight to keep your hormones at a normal level, fill up the rest of your caloric need with carbs.

And you should be good to go. Don't overthink what to eat when and how. You ain't no physique model (yet ;))

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Funny thing is, tell the average overweight female, and you'll be accused of lying, cause when they eat 6 bars they gain weight.
And they wont even bother to listen to the explenation about caloric intake and burning (wich is the essence of everything)

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Fat birds, i need to remember that one :D

So sad these days. Fat bitches apparently must be accepted. And you must like it or you are a chauvinist piece of crap.

Nope. Dont like fat bitches. Do like sporty bitches. Unrealistic ? Hitting the gym and eating healthy isnt unrealistic for any female that actually does the effort.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Fat birds, i need to remember that one :D

So sad these days. Fat bitches apparently must be accepted. And you must like it or you are a chauvinist piece of crap.

Nope. Dont like fat bitches. Do like sporty bitches. Unrealistic ? Hitting the gym and eating healthy isnt unrealistic for any female that actually does the effort.
But lack of effort could be a result of bad self-regulation which is not necessarily a characteristic of lazy people. Besides, even for those who make an effort, it's not entirely about hitting the gym and eating healthy. Different genes, different bodies, different results. Exercising and eating healthy should be encouraged. Feeling comfortable in your skin and maintaining a positive attitude about how you and your body look (part of which may be entirely out of your control) should be even more encouraged imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 205)