Guitar thread (1 Viewer)

OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #364
    Nice, been practising vibrato a lot lately. Think it sounds better than a ~month ago, still needs work though.

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #366
    lol yeah, but it takes a lot of effort to get it sounding really good. A good vibrato sets the good players apart from the bad ones. It's not just something you 'learn'.. it needs to be practised for years just like anything else.

Apr 15, 2006
    lol yeah, but it takes a lot of effort to get it sounding really good. A good vibrato sets the good players apart from the bad ones. It's not just something you 'learn'.. it needs to be practised for years just like anything else.
    :agree: Which is exactly why I started learning it early on. And I must say, it came naturally to me after watching a few guitarists do it live. The only vibrato I'm bad at is vibrating after bending a whole step. I can never seem to return to the bent note after vibrating. Always end up slightly lower or higher, which makes it sound atrocious. :D

Oh man, the legato part in this solo is gonna kill me. :(

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #370
    Cool, I've been playing probably avg overall of 45mins-1hr everyday since Jan/Feb 08.

Apr 15, 2006
    Cool, I've been playing probably avg overall of 45mins-1hr everyday since Jan/Feb 08.
    There used to be a time when I was in college where I used to practice about 1-2 hours everyday. I really should start doing that again.

Anyway, I've learnt almost all of the solo except the legato part. Might practice it this whole week and try to put it down on video. If I can't get the legato done, then I'll just improvise and play something easier but along the same lines. Now time to head out.

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #380
    I was playing Mercyful Fate by Metallica :p I didn't even realise until after I stopped :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)