Guitar thread (2 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Got me a Banjo :weee:

- - - Updated - - -

RE: the string debate - strings need to be changed when a)the intonation is gone, b) they lose their tuning, and c) when they sound like shit. If you keep clean and keep them clean they can last for a long time, elixirs last me over 18 months sometimes.
I change only when c) happens.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
You're both pussies, I bet you both got some video footage of you playing Miley Cyrus songs, humming along in falsetto. :p
I will consider putting one video with my terrible voice just so I wouldn't be assosiated with that garbage :D

In fact here it is, a choppy version of a song I like a lot.

Apr 15, 2006
y, keep pretending. everyone who plays guitar for at least some 2 years has made an effort to record themselves (even if they're only kitchen rockstars), you're just too big of a pussy to post it.
Which reminds me: I've never really recorded myself playing. :sad:

EDIT: Actually, I got 2 short clips from when I was in a college band. But I ain't gonna post it cos 1) it's got no sound, and 2) it's from 7 years ago! :D

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
oe, at least the lithuanian got some balls, Sheikh apparently not. smooth guitar playing, sounds pretty effortless/relaxed, I won't comment on singing though :D

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
How do you keep them clean besides washing your hands beforehand? Just wipe them down with a cloth?
Wash your hands before and if they get sweaty then wash them again and wipe it down after. It corrodes and rusts the strings and builds up layers of dirt on the string. The state that some of my friends have their guitars in is shocking when it comes to this stuff - thick black high strings, :inter: .

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
oe, at least the lithuanian got some balls, Sheikh apparently not. smooth guitar playing, sounds pretty effortless/relaxed, I won't comment on singing though :D
Well lithianians do have some serious balls, considering we are still wild barbarians :D

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Wash your hands before and if they get sweaty then wash them again and wipe it down after. It corrodes and rusts the strings and builds up layers of dirt on the string. The state that some of my friends have their guitars in is shocking when it comes to this stuff - thick black high strings, :inter: .
A good trick is to use clearasil cotton pads to keep your strings clean.

Nice btw playing Raz

First time in here for a while, back in September I picked up a Fender Tele for £200 off gumtree, quite the purchase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)