Guitar thread (1 Viewer)

OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #162
    I was always attracted towards Jackson's and Ibanez. Not sure how good the ESP's we get here are.
    Ibanez :inter: I hate them, the rhythm tone for Ibanez guitars suck, they have no balls, just good for soloing. Jackson's are ok but I haven't played that many of them and I remeber them being nothing special. To me LTDs & ESPs are around the top of guitars in terms of playability. I played a few Gibsons and they suck in terms of playability though they were only lower models like LP Studios. I did play a SG Robot too but that was a horrible guitar even though it was on special for $1100 (I wonder why lol). Otherwise to get a good Gibson here you probably have to spend like $3000-4000+ minimum. Schecters are pretty good though. I played an Omen Extreme 6 with no floyd rose and that was a pretty nice guitar for $600 though I'm looking at getting something a bit better. Schecter is owned by ESP so they have great quality control too but they are a seperate entity in terms of designing and producing.

I played an ESP Eclipse yesterday that is literally the best guitar I've ever played, I was frothing at the mouth over it. It plays like a dream and sounds orgasmic. Full thickness model too, I love big chunky heavy guitars. Might be a little expensive though (they have it for $1899 though RRP on the tag is ~$4300 and their claimed RRP is ~$3200). Same as this:

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    Guys check out Brad Nowell (released post-humous)

He was such a rad guitarist, fusing hendrix style rhythm, modal lead breaks and ska beats. Being able to implement such a melodic style of playing into a relatively bland genre for a guitarist (melodies being reserved for brass and keys) shows great tallent.

I love his lead breaks, shame he passed so early in his life. I also love Lou-dog.

---------- Post added 30.04.2012 at 13:12 ----------

MV i'm with you on Ibanez. I lusted after them for years, I got a top end RG series superstrat and its great for widdling and leadbreaks but it just picks fights with anything else. I spent hours in the shop before I found on I liked and after a few weeks i just got fed up with not being able to riff with it.

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #167
    That song sounds like it was made for solos & lead breaks. Cool song too.

I would never buy an Ibanez, I dislike the style of music that most people play on them too. The only good rhythm tone I've heard come out of an Ibanez is from Noodles from the Offspring but he uses a Boogie Mark IV and you can't really have bad tone with one of them :lol: that thing is pure balls too so it makes up for the guitar.

-

Drooling over this..

The best part is that it plays better than it looks and it looks amazing!

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    i can give you a link to the entire concert if you want :tup: . i recently got myself a spanish guitar (nylon strung). it's very hard for the fingers considering i play my acoustic and electric with soft strings.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    Restrug my acoustic, sounds super sexy now :klin:. What strings do you guys use? I can't recommend Elixir enough, they sound fresh for about a year and don't go dead for around 18 months. They cost about 150% more but they are worth every penny and will save you money given how long they last.

When i was in NZ i picked up some Ernie Ball Nanoweb's and they wern't as good and cost the same.

Apr 15, 2006
    Restrug my acoustic, sounds super sexy now :klin:. What strings do you guys use? I can't recommend Elixir enough, they sound fresh for about a year and don't go dead for around 18 months. They cost about 150% more but they are worth every penny and will save you money given how long they last.

When i was in NZ i picked up some Ernie Ball Nanoweb's and they wern't as good and cost the same.
    I almost always used to get D'Addario .9's for mine. I haven't really experimented with different brands for about 3-4 years though.

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #177
    9s on an acoustic? I use 9s on my superstrat, 10/11s on my acoustic and a set of hybrid 65-10 for my telecaster. 9s on an acoustic wont get enough sustain.
    65????????

what do you play? b standard 2 octaves down?

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    I don't have an acoustic. :shifty:

Oh, and I've tried Slinky before too and liked it.
    That's because D'Addario and Earnie Ball's are the same strings but in different packaging :D

I like to get my strings as dirty sounding as possible, I'm pretty cheesed of that my high e snapped the other day(the first time this has ever happened), I'd only had the current set on 5 months! :cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)