Guglielmo Stendardo (14 Viewers)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Sorry guys, but I see no chance why we should buy him! Legro, Chiellini, Andrade and Mellberg will be our CBs next season! Stendardo wouldn't fit in! If Mellberg plays RB, than there would be place for him, but I don't see that coming!

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Sorry guys, but I see no chance why we should buy him! Legro, Chiellini, Andrade and Mellberg will be our CBs next season! Stendardo wouldn't fit in! If Mellberg plays RB, than there would be place for him, but I don't see that coming!
Well i don't quite agree here. Whereas we will not know what will be with andrade until he can make his first games again, we don't know what we get with mellberg either. My opinion about this is that andrade will never become REALLY fit again (he'll play, but on what level is the question). as for mellberg, we don't know really. EPL defence is quite different from a serie-a defence, but i count on him. he's experienced and i think he can be starting-IX material. But that still leaves us with not too many options. Stendardo does well and is young. He proved also today against atalanta, that he's worth something. Too bad lazio probably won't give him away too easily after what he shows with us

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Andrade is injury prone, but this isn't the main problem I think. Andrade seems to lose easy balls to opponents when he can build attacks. Stendardo is more solid and younger.

Mellberg will play RB, he and Zebina will exchange the position while Grygera will rotate with Molinaro.
Selling Molinaro and landing Grosso with rotating the later with De Ceglie would be a wise decision. Molinaro, in my humble opinion, is a very clumsy defender. This doesn't negate that he always tries to work hard.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I agree with that. I also want Fabio Grosso but if not then I don't mind rotation. With De Ceglie the rotation would be even better.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I agree with that. I also want Fabio Grosso but if not then I don't mind rotation. With De Ceglie the rotation would be even better.
The same here. Even the presence of De Ceglie on the bench may urge Molinaro to do better, there will be a healthy competition. I see that Molinaro feels a bit safe this season because he knows that there is no other left back who can annoy him; Chiellini switched to the centre defence since the start of the season.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Stendardo was fantastic today, credit to management for picking him up in January, he has provided excellent backup
:agree: he's a big strong lad who has got a presence about him, I think in 1 or 2 years he will be a very dominating player.. I know Andrade hasnt yet got the chance with us atm but i feel Willy is a better player, just my opinion

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
he is great with juve . we should keep him to play with legro in CD and let chillini play instead of molinaro who should be sold.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
he is great with juve . we should keep him to play with legro in CD and let chillini play in LB instead of molinaro who should be sold with andrade.
NOO.. It has long been established here that Chiellini is a CB first and foremost.. I don't think any1 wants to see him back at LB again which is quite reasonable watching him this year

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
NOO.. It has long been established here that Chiellini is a CB first and foremost.. I don't think any1 wants to see him back at LB again which is quite reasonable watching him this year
I agree, Chiellini is much beneficial when he plays at the centre defence.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
:agree: he's a big strong lad who has got a presence about him, I think in 1 or 2 years he will be a very dominating player.. I know Andrade hasnt yet got the chance with us atm but i feel Willy is a better player, just my opinion
umm who's Willy? Sagnol? :confused: :)

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I would definitely keep Stendardo... he's been a very reliable option since coming here.

If the rumor that Lazio will accept Almiron as payment is true, I jump on it like a fat kid on cake. Almiron had many chances, and he's simply not a big club player. Best to cash in now, while he can still garner attention and value.

If the rumor is false, I'd still pay the buyout clause, as I don't see someone better coming for less, and he's already acclimatized to the team.

De Ceglie/Grygera-Chiellini/Andrade-Legro/Stendardo-Mellberg/Zebina

Looks good to me.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I would definitely keep Stendardo... he's been a very reliable option since coming here.

If the rumor that Lazio will accept Almiron as payment is true, I jump on it like a fat kid on cake. Almiron had many chances, and he's simply not a big club player. Best to cash in now, while he can still garner attention and value.

If the rumor is false, I'd still pay the buyout clause, as I don't see someone better coming for less, and he's already acclimatized to the team.

De Ceglie/Grygera-Chiellini/Andrade-Legro/Stendardo-Mellberg/Zebina

Looks good to me.
Exactly the same opinion as mine.

But...

Grygera/Salihamdizic - Stendardo/Melberg - Chiellini/Criscito - Grosso/De Ceglie

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Exactly the same opinion as mine.

But...

Grygera/Salihamdizic - Stendardo/Melberg - Chiellini/Criscito - Grosso/De Ceglie
I'd like to see Criscito make the team, but I don't think he will for three reasons.

1. He's not ready for a big club yet, and another debacle like this season, and he may never want to play with Juve again when he is ready.

2. He would most likely be the fourth choice CB, even if Andrade and Legrottaglie leave. Criscito is not ready to supplant Chiellini or Stendardo right now. One would assume that Mellberg would be more capable as well, judging from his form at Aston Villa and with Sweden. Sitting on the bench and playing a handful of coppa games might not be good for his development.

3. Andrade and Legrottaglie. I don't see either moving this summer. Andrade has no value until he's healthy, and Legro is a cheap and effective depth option with an extended contract. At his age, Legro wouldn't be ruined by being a bench player, we know he's capable.

In other words, I'd let Genoa keep him for one more year, then re-evaluate.

I also think Brazzo is more effective as a winger than a wingback, but he's definitely capable of coming in if the injury bug hits.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I'd like to see Criscito make the team, but I don't think he will for three reasons.

1. He's not ready for a big club yet, and another debacle like this season, and he may never want to play with Juve again when he is ready.

2. He would most likely be the fourth choice CB, even if Andrade and Legrottaglie leave. Criscito is not ready to supplant Chiellini or Stendardo right now. One would assume that Mellberg would be more capable as well, judging from his form at Aston Villa and with Sweden. Sitting on the bench and playing a handful of coppa games might not be good for his development.

3. Andrade and Legrottaglie. I don't see either moving this summer. Andrade has no value until he's healthy, and Legro is a cheap and effective depth option with an extended contract. At his age, Legro wouldn't be ruined by being a bench player, we know he's capable.

In other words, I'd let Genoa keep him for one more year, then re-evaluate.

I also think Brazzo is more effective as a winger than a wingback, but he's definitely capable of coming in if the injury bug hits.
Thunderball,

I always like to read your analysis, it's very sane and persuasive. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)