Grande Stevens OUT, new President IN? (2 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Grande Stevens lascerà presidenza della Juventus
24 05 2006
Nei giorni scorsi Franzo Grande Stevens aveva chiesto di essere esonerato dall'incarico di Presidente della Jvuentus: oggi John Elkann ha detto che la richiesta sarà accolta.

"L'avvocato Grande Stevens è stato già molto generoso con la Juventus e abbiamo bisogno di lui per altro - ha detto Elkann - L'importante è avere un vertice che possa dedicare tutto il suo tempo alla Juventus".

Lo stesso Elkann ha poi chiarito che nessun membro della famiglia Agnelli farà parte del prossimo Consiglio di Amministrazione.

Grande Stevens leaves Juve's Presidency

Rumour is that it will be an ex-Juventino.

You guys know my vote is for Dino Zoff. :tup

- A great Juventino.
- Great captain.
- Calm
- Well respected
- WC winner

Would be nice to see:

CEO: Carlo Sant'Albano
President: Dino Zoff
Sports Manager: Alessio Secco
General Manager: Fabio Capello
Coach: Roberto Donadoni

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Platini for president :mad:

as for coach, I want one of Guidolin or VIalli or Deschamps (the spelling:embarasse )

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    Fresh blood is needed and I think Lippi would want to coach in another country after his Italian adventure.

Another name for Prez and he would deserve it is Roberto Bettega. He seemed one of the few who really cared.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    Wednesday 24 May, 2006​

Juventus President Franzo Grande Stevens has resigned and the club will look to “a great figure from the past” to take over.

Grande Stevens told the Press yesterday that he wished to be relieved of his duties and the meeting at Ifil – the Agnelli family owned company that runs Juve – accepted the proposal.

“The next President will be a great Juventus figure from the past, but not a Frenchman. In this phase, we need to face the situation head on with expert people, professionals and those competent in their specific fields,” explained John Elkann, the nephew of Gianni Agnelli.

Several names had been put forward for the position, including Michel Platini and Didier Deschamps (pictured), but Elkann effectively ruled them out with this statement.

The most likely options are now Gianluca Vialli, Dino Zoff and Franco Causio, all former Bianconeri legends.

“Grande Stevens has already been altogether too generous with this club. He leaves this post, but remains within our family, as we need his skills in other areas. I can say that none of the Agnelli family will join the new Board of Directors.”

The club is at the centre of the scandal dubbed ‘Calciopoli’ and there are reports they could face anything from docked points to demotion and seeing the last two Scudetto titles stripped from their records.

“The last two Scudetti felt exactly the same as the previous 27,” assured Elkann when asked if he felt uneasy at celebrating under these circumstances.

Channel4

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
    how come ive never heard of him his is what i found

Franco Causio, born on February 1, 1949 in Lecce (Italy), is a former Italian footballer who played for Juventus for many years in the 1970s and 1980s. He is considerated one of the most talented Italian players of all time, and, with Roberto Donadoni, the best Italian right winger ever.
    [edit]

Biography

Causio was born in Lecce (Puglia), and moved to Juventus when he was just 17.

After some years on loan in Serie B (playing in Reggina and Palermo), he returned to Juventus in during 1970. For 11 years he wore number 7 for Juventus, and played with other famous players like Roberto Bettega, Marco Tardelli, Dino Zoff and Beppe Furino, winning 6 scudettos and a UEFA cup.

In this period his popularity reached its peak: Causio became the main idol of the southern Italians who supported Juventus.

In 1981 he moved to Udinese where he played for 3 years, teaming up with Brazilian superstar Zico. Subsequently he signed for Inter. He finished his career playig for Serie B team Triestina at the age of 39.

He made his debut with Italian national football team on April 29, 1972 (Italy-Belgium). He was in the Italian squad at the WC 1974, WC 1978 and WC 1982, which was won by Italy.

His nickname is "The Baron", because of his stylish moves on the pitch and his well educated and fair attitude in life.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Jeeks said:
    And what is wrong with Vialli?
    he's a failure and anti del piero, it was vialli who ruined my local team - watford few years back, and he's encouraged del piero on several occassions to move clubs, finally in a recent interview in a magazine, he stated how much he didnt miss juve.

so i dont miss him :tdown:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Badass Devil said:
    he's a failure and anti del piero, it was vialli who ruined my local team - watford few years back, and he's encouraged del piero on several occassions to move clubs, finally in a recent interview in a magazine, he stated how much he didnt miss juve.

so i dont miss him :tdown:
    He was the captain of our CL-winning side of the 90s, ffs

And stop reading magazines, he loves Juventus..

He's quite often in the studio at Sky Italia when they televise our games and he hasn't got a bad word to say about this club!

But would he be a good solution for us in terms of being the coach? That I don't know..

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    i dont care if he was captain or not, fact he he has no qualities in terms of coaching, and certainly no qualities or experience in being president or a board member, there's nothing on his cv that has impressed me since leaving juve.

and ofcourse he wudnt say a bad word about juve on screen, sumthing called playing up to the camera's i quote what he said.

"i loved it at chelsea and in england, at first i missed italy but i soon settled in and i never wanted to go back, certainly not to juve.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Badass Devil said:
    i dont care if he was captain or not, fact he he has no qualities in terms of coaching, and certainly no qualities or experience in being president or a board member, there's nothing on his cv that has impressed me since leaving juve.

and ofcourse he wudnt say a bad word about juve on screen, sumthing called playing up to the camera's i quote what he said.

"i loved it at chelsea and in england, at first i missed italy but i soon settled in and i never wanted to go back, certainly not to juve.
    was it "The Sun" ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)