Grand Theft Auto V (24 Viewers)

Which character in GTA V do you play as the most in free-roam?

• Smooth Michael

• The Franklinator

• Crazy Ol' Trevor

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 12, 2004
The triathlon?

I really liked that aspect to it, to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is an online update website you can check into and refresh for new stuff.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246-GTA-Online-Launch-Status-Latest-Updates-

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Got another couple of hours in before it fucked up again, some of it is really fun if people play properly. Kinda hard to any decent amount of cash at the moment though, winning a mission/deathmatch game only get you about $2k-$4k max and things online are much more expensive than in SP. I think a basic safehouse costs like $80k.

Apr 12, 2004
What about weapons and shit?

Can you not save if you don't have a safehouse?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you don't have to play with people, right? You can just run around on your own doing missions and shit, right?

- - - Updated - - -

I've had to create this character so many times I just remember what to do and what the stats are.

This is about the 7th or 8th time I've gone through the start scene to just have it freeze or error out.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Most of the weapons are locked. At the start you only have a pistol and I'm level 7 at the moment and only the micro SMG is unlocked also. Weapons are expensive too, the SMG cost like $2-3k I think. You can only carry like 500-600 ammo unlike SP where you can take thousands of rounds. But you can buy ammo in the lobby before a mission which is good.

Everything autosaves, it's all cloud based which is probably a part of why there are so many problems. I don't think there is any GTA: online save data saved on the console.

Well kind of. You can make your own solo session where you can rob stores, run away from cops etc. you get a little RP from doing that, maybe 100 per star lost. RP = reputation points which is how you rank up. I think I have about 12k rep so far for lvl 7. but you can't do missions by yourself, they are all with other players. I think the word 'mission' is a little exaggerated at this point, from the ones I have played they are like deathmatch x CTF. basically there will be like some evidence you need to caputre and deliver somewhere or drugs etc.. it's pretty fun though if you have a lot of players all fighting for the one thing. I've done a few other things as well, like races, parachuting and deathmatches. all very fun.

- - - Updated - - -

ßöмßäяðîëя;4322061 said:
I've had to create this character so many times I just remember what to do and what the stats are.

This is about the 7th or 8th time I've gone through the start scene to just have it freeze or error out.
If it's that bad I would just wait. maybe play at a time when less people would be on where you are, if you can.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
:D

well I guess the other main thing is the 'back' button menu, you change some things from there.

like for $100 you go into 'passive mode' where you can't kill anybody and they can't kill you (free roam) of course which is good. you can also choose how your car is locked, i.e. you can make it so only friends/crew, crew, friends, you only, anybody etc can get in your car. you can change your player action (activated by pushing right trigger), like flipping the bird, rock horns etc... you also have an inventory where you can change some clothes like glasses, mask etc and you can also save food there for health, so you can basically have backup health at any time on foot. pretty handy during a mission.

- - - Updated - - -

the graphics overall are definitely worse than SP, especially on characters but I guess that was to be expected. I think it has a lot of potential with more types of missions like heists etc when everything is running smoothly. there doesn't seem to be all that much to do at the moment, even though what you can do is fun. though I was pretty limited by the missions I could do, it seems a few came on the disk which worked, but a lot you had to download which didn't seem to work for anyone. 1 or 2 were of the regular ones were glitched too and didn't work at all.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
That fucking Kiflon mission in the desert :andy2: I got to 4.4 miles and avoided being killed by the cops and some angry bikers only to walk out of the designated area and have to restart.

Used a bit of ingenuity to bypass this part, found an open space then left the controller on my coffee table with a wire tied around the analogue stick which was then secured in place. Just balanced a paperweight on the run button and left it for half an hour :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)