Gran Turismo 4 - PS2 (2 Viewers)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I'm having some difficulty winning the endurance races, seems I always pit a lap or two sooner than other teams even on super hard racing tyres.I just ran the 150 miles super speedway one, got a measly third.:sigh:

The Audi R8 and Bentley Speed 8 whooped my ass big time, they got three and two laps ahead respectively.

I'm driving the Mercedes CLK-GTR racecar right now, it's been tuned up to 1083 hp but I'm still having trouble.Any tips?

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
I'm having some difficulty winning the endurance races, seems I always pit a lap or two sooner than other teams even on super hard racing tyres.I just ran the 150 miles super speedway one, got a measly third.:sigh:

The Audi R8 and Bentley Speed 8 whooped my ass big time, they got three and two laps ahead respectively.

I'm driving the Mercedes CLK-GTR racecar right now, it's been tuned up to 1083 hp but I'm still having trouble.Any tips?
buy a viper and all the engine tune up kits you can get. then just accelerate your ass off, smash into the wall, and keep going. thats how i pretty much dominated gran turismo 3 :D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
That ain't gonna work in GT4, I'm afraid.The CLK-GTR is twice as fast as the viper and only half as heavy, and I'm still getting an ass-whooping here :D

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
That ain't gonna work in GT4, I'm afraid.The CLK-GTR is twice as fast as the viper and only half as heavy, and I'm still getting an ass-whooping here :D

i always hated those races where you actually had to take turns and use the breaks. thats why i never really progressed past the point where you have to start worrying about tire damage :D

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Are the HONDA NSX models good enough to win the world championship? (professional events)
or we sould i invest 1-2mil for a car better than CLK-GTR?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Even that ain't gonna get you anywhere,I've realized.

Get the Audi R8 or a Bentley, the CLK-GTR is fast but not fast enough.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Anyway it was just a tournament price prezent,
with hard work(a-spec) it did won some of the races,using good tactics and tires but i need smth superior to enter the long(b-spec) tournament mode...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Oh another question,
does anyone finished the driving missions?
I did the ib missions,but the are so tough,
it seems whatever u do u will end up 2nd at best

I ve heard that: there is a way to buy the best cars cheap,(second handed)
on important days like the 100th,200,300,400th etc etc

I know that days 694-700 have same special cars(Toyota GT1)

and my favourite SUZUKI ESCUDO,
may be found after winning the Win Cathedral Rocks (Trail I, Hard Special Condition Hall)

use the "oil change" sometimes gives u more horsepower

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002

Ok, desmond, here's a little racing lesson for you:

More hp doesnt mean faster. A 1000HP Supra with an elephant resting on it isnt fast. The other important factor is weight. What you should look for is power to weight ratio.

I wont go into all the technical details, but the equation is: HP/WT, horsepower divided by weight. The larger this number, the less inertia your car deals with, which results in faster acceleration. This, combined with proper ECU adjustments and engine tuning will theoretically net you the top speed your looking for.

A 400HP car "A" with weight of 1200KG (metric system here) = HP/WT ratio of 0.333

A 250HP car "B" with a weight of 450KG = 0.555

So car B, even with less horsepower, will beat car A.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)