good right side midfielder (3 Viewers)

Sep 1, 2002
Joaquin is the answer to all many of our problems.. Creativity.

Camo is, to put it simply, the poormans Ortega, who was himself the poormans Maradona; he is overrating himself and plays that way.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by bianconero ] ++
Joaquin is the answer to all many of our problems.. Creativity.

Camo is, to put it simply, the poormans Ortega, who was himself the poormans Maradona; he is overrating himself and plays that way.

Switch 'Camo' with Joaquin and replace ' he is overrating himself' with 'he is overrated'.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Camoranesi has a high low-level and a high, high-lvl. IMO, we need at least some backup there, when Camo isnt in form.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
When did Camo ever over-rate himself? He just quietly does his job and works hard for the team...

as for being the poor man's Ortega, they're totally different players; how can you compare them?!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Once again I see people here who have no clue what they're talking about. Camoranesi has been our most improved player this season and has arguably been our best midfielder. He is one of our top players in assists this season and his contribution to overall play has been close to priceless when you consider other players in the first team. Moreover, Camo could quite possibly be our most creative player.

Don't understand how Mauro is "overrating himself" and how he's "the poorman's Ortega." Sounds like someone is searching for faults but coming up short, way short. If anything Camoranesi has been underrated this season for his contributions and these calls for Joaquin are useless and unneeded.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
I liked Camoranesi better in his first season when he was thiner and faster
he gained Weight in the summer he is slower now but i still take him over joaquin anyday :D

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Joaquin is pretty expensive, although he is a great winger, I've watched him for sometime and he has been consistantly great. Camoranese is also doin great, good thing too coz we have no one else in midfield.

I don't think we need an immediate right midfield player at the momment.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
Camoranesi has a high low-level and a high, high-lvl. IMO, we need at least some backup there, when Camo isnt in form.
This was the case in the past, this season Camoranesi has been our best and especially most conistent performer of the team. Whenever the likes of Nedved, Emerson, Zlatan, Del Piero or Zambrotta were underperforming we could always count on Camoranesi to bring us the goods.
Camo only played 2 bad matches this season as far as I remember, the first game against Ajax and the second game against Chievo.

To be honest, that's something that really annoys me on this forum, a lot of simply childish posters that simply don't have a clue about what they're posting. They just like the fancy players, but don't appreciate the hardwork ethic of some players.

And again Andy, your post on Camoranesi is spot on.

Sep 1, 2002
He gives the ball away too often: Tries to go past players, but can't: consistantly fails to see promising situations because he has his head down: lacks guile: Lacks imagination: Lacks pace: Lacks a hairdresser: Lacks control, forever knocking the ball forward and losing control of the situation (Pele said he always controled the ball, then took one more touch to be sure that he really had it under control): Lacks the trust of his feloow players ( just watch Zlaza's reaction to him). Is non-effectual in games against the top teams.

I rather think we could do better, and therefore should sell him now. Joaquin is just a pipe dream and we should forget it.
Rosisky maybe. Mehgni, a hugh risk perhaps worth taking.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Dude, he surely does NOT give the ball away to often. He's an excellent dribbler, excellent crosser, excellent passer and also a very hard working player.
The step he's taking this season is incredible. From being our most incosistent player to being our MOST consistent player. I can't count the assists he's made and I can not give him enough praise for he's crosses this season.
This year he's probably been the best at he's position in the world. And YES definatly better than Joaquin. Without Camoranesi we would most likely be fighting the last spot in the Champions League.

Dude think with your head and watch the games before you post, would you?

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

This was the case in the past, this season Camoranesi has been our best and especially most conistent performer of the team. Whenever the likes of Nedved, Emerson, Zlatan, Del Piero or Zambrotta were underperforming we could always count on Camoranesi to bring us the goods.
Camo only played 2 bad matches this season as far as I remember, the first game against Ajax and the second game against Chievo.

To be honest, that's something that really annoys me on this forum, a lot of simply childish posters that simply don't have a clue about what they're posting. They just like the fancy players, but don't appreciate the hardwork ethic of some players.

And again Andy, your post on Camoranesi is spot on.
I concur with u Dominic. But in this real world, sometimes fame >>> quality hardworker

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Well, I really like Camoranesi but he isn't really a hard worker. What's also good good about Camo is that he is quite strong and doesn't fall easily. This also means he can win back the ball if he loses it.

Signing Joaquin would be as smart as signing Ayala.

Sep 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
Dude, he surely does NOT give the ball away to often. He's an excellent dribbler, excellent crosser, excellent passer and also a very hard working player.
The step he's taking this season is incredible. From being our most incosistent player to being our MOST consistent player. I can't count the assists he's made and I can not give him enough praise for he's crosses this season.
This year he's probably been the best at he's position in the world. And YES definatly better than Joaquin. Without Camoranesi we would most likely be fighting the last spot in the Champions League.

Dude think with your head and watch the games before you post, would you?
Dud, I have seen 90% of the games and been most of the home ones.
He, most definately, is not the best in the world in his position. In fact I have often wanted to pull him off our field this season. What he gives to the team is a lot of huffing and puffing, and not a lot of blowing the door down.

Joaquin is far better, but we won't be getting him. Basta!

Jul 28, 2002
what half wit would invest money in a player who in all likely will fail with us, when we have a perfectly good player in that position already??

We sign Joaquin cos of his rep?? He isnt that much better than camo and certainly not worth the money over camo....maybe getting a proper left footer on the lef wign would be sensible (Or get kapo fit)....tell u what else would help....signing a central midfielder with some form of attacking talent to partner emo.

Right winger is posibly the last thing we need....rambo oli and kapo can all cover camo.....

Sep 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
what half wit would invest money in a player who in all likely will fail with us, when we have a perfectly good player in that position already??

We sign Joaquin cos of his rep??

Well I am one half wit who would invest in Joaquin ( it only takes half a brain to see quality over endevour). Why would he fail...Oh don't tell me you are one of those ludites who think that a spanish player can't make it in Seria A!

I also feel that Joaquin will make his name further playing central midfield. I will go furthar and say he will make it as a trequartista.

Please no more freebees like Kapo.

Jul 28, 2002

Well I am one half wit who would invest in Joaquin ( it only takes half a brain to see quality over endevour). Why would he fail...Oh don't tell me you are one of those ludites who think that a spanish player can't make it in Seria A!

I also feel that Joaquin will make his name further playing central midfield. I will go furthar and say he will make it as a trequartista.

Please no more freebees like Kapo.
Joaquin has undoubted talent yes..and yes i am one of those ludites who doubts a spainiard can make it in Serie A. Maybe Joaquin is an exception, but i would have to see it to believe it.

Freebees like kapo? Have u read what our "assumed" mercato campaign will be this year?? Gianicheda, Mutu, Kovac...possibly Nonda. All freebees and imo arguable on their talent, just as kapo was when he first came.

Joaquin as a trequartista...imo why would we turn arguably the premier right winger in the world today into a trequartista?? Surely camo would be more suitbable.

Could you really justify spend over 20 million in a area that isnt of major concern currently? surely the defence, left wing, central midfield and argubly a goalscorer are need more.

Sep 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

Joaquin has undoubted talent yes..and yes i am one of those ludites who doubts a spainiard can make it in Serie A. Maybe Joaquin is an exception, but i would have to see it to believe it.

Freebees like kapo? Have u read what our "assumed" mercato campaign will be this year?? Gianicheda, Mutu, Kovac...possibly Nonda. All freebees and imo arguable on their talent, just as kapo was when he first came.

Joaquin as a trequartista...imo why would we turn arguably the premier right winger in the world today into a trequartista?? Surely camo would be more suitbable.

Could you really justify spend over 20 million in a area that isnt of major concern currently? surely the defence, left wing, central midfield and argubly a goalscorer are need more.
Gianicheda, Mutu, Kovac, Nonda. Of these I would only take Kovac, the others with the possible exception of Nondo are past ther sale by date. I only hope we are indeed going to off load Mutu to capture Cassano. Are far as I am conserned- and I think this may well happen- they can have Camo too.

Why would we spend so much on one player? The simple answer is that to get top quality we must spend top money, we can,t always be rumaging in the bargin basement buckets, hoping to get quality freebees.
Why should we spend it on Joaquin? Because we are seriously missing a creative player in our team and he can provide that. Yes I feel he can provide that through the middle of the field.

If you can find us a top class left winger, then I would be interested in knowing who that might be? Vincente- nah you would say. Spanish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)