good bye to all members (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
m_elayyan. I do think your banning is too harsh.
Believe me. It's nothing personal, since it was the yellow card warning I issued that put him over the limit. But a poster that suggests that someone is being ridiculous does not grant someone license to outright call them an ***hole. Supporting other clubs has nothing to do with it. Unfortunately, he should have known better than to lose his cool like that. And it was his third warning in a week for the same offense that put him over the limit. Other posters have managed much better under similar circumstances, so it was not unavoidable.

I hate to see regular posters go out that way, but any poster should know better -- particularly after two similar warnings in the same week. I'd hold anyone on these forums here to that same standard.

It's a shame, but people have to be accountable and responsible for their behavior.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
being banned is not worth leaving over...seems like we've all been banned at one time or another :p

stick around....I enjoy reading your posts, Barca fan or not !! :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What kind of post is this?

Just because you think you're smart doesn't mean you have the right to call names and say they deserve death.

I disagreed with m_elayyan most of the time but that doesn't mean that It's a good thing If he leaves the forums. Though It's up to him.

I hope you don't carry a mirror with you in real life, that would be really bad.
If you think you're smart, you think you get irony. Check again, bro.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Well, you probably shouldn't have said that Seven. Afterall, it's just an internet forum. If he did something to you in person, yeah you can say that, but it's online and it's worthless.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Okay, let's do this properly then. Next time I say something in a sarcastic way, I'll write it like this:

*SARCASTIC* I'm an idiot. *SARCASTIC*

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Okay, let's do this properly then. Next time I say something in a sarcastic way, I'll write it like this:

I think it was Wilde who said that there should be a special font for irony, so people could recognise it.

Regardless, this is getting out of hand, so let's all relax, sniff some glue, and return friends again, in no particular order.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
M_elayyan deserves death. May sound harsh, but stupidity cannot be tolerated.

The second part of your statement. Implying that someone is stupid just as bad as calling someone an asshole.

This forum is a fucking mess.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think it was Wilde who said that there should be a special font for irony, so people could recognise it.

Regardless, this is getting out of hand, so let's all relax, sniff some glue, and return friends again, in no particular order.
The thing is, while I understand why he said that, you'd expect some form of basic linguistic intelligence in people. If there was a way to make clear you're being ironic, I doubt I would use it, because I would feel like I am questioning everyone's intelligence.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
And here we always thought it was the Germans who didn't get sarcasm. :p

http://vigilant.tv/article/2698/german-not-guilty-of-sarcasm

Why did he get banned?
On the 20th and 21st he got yellow carded by mods for insults and fight trolling in two separate incidents. This morning someone said he was being ridiculous, so he called him an ***hole. The third yellow card put him over the limit based on the forum software, so he has to sit out the next "couple of matches".

Jul 23, 2006
And here we always thought it was the Germans who didn't get sarcasm. :p

http://vigilant.tv/article/2698/german-not-guilty-of-sarcasm

On the 20th and 21st he got yellow carded by mods for insults and fight trolling in two separate incidents. This morning someone said he was being ridiculous, so he called him an ***hole. The third yellow card put him over the limit based on the forum software, so he has to sit out the next "couple of matches".
Can't u unban him?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

was he aware of the first two warnings?

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
whi is it that when people get banned they feel the need to go into drama queen mode? as greg said, when you have already picked up 2 warnings in a week for doing the same thing then yuo shouel really be more careful...and perhaps learn from it.
however,its not like he was simply banned, the card/warning system is in place so that if you do pick up an infraction then you should learn to avoid getting into the same situation.

its like classical conditioning, monkey touches button, monkey gets a shock, monkey learns not to do it again!

are you more stupid than a monkey?No?then stop throwing a hissy fit that you got banned when it was wholly avoidable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)